Doireann O’Leary #3 But I heard the hubby is a surgeon!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm deficient in Vitamin D and need to take a daily supplement.
Dr D €12.99 for 60 1000iu
Aldi less than €3 for 180 1000iu
So over 4 times the price for a third of the quantity.
That's daylight fuckin robbery nothing less 😡😡
Same here, Vitamin D deficient and also for one of the B vitamins. A few years I ago I was completely deficient in folate too (discovered incidentally on a blood test for something else) so had to take strong one for four months consistently to build levels back up and still continue to take a standard folic acid supplement now. Hers are insanely overpriced. Such a gimmick.

Also just to say, I don't advocate just taking vitamins willy nilly. Supplements and vitamins are way over hyped and often unnecessary if you maintain a balanced diet. However, couldn't rectify mine with diet unfortunately.

Reactions: 8
She’s so out of touch with real life and real doctoring. Love these replies to her suggestion of early morning webinars for well-being for doctors.
Hilarious. I arrive at the hospital before 7 am to get parking, but my day starts at 7.30 am anyway. It would not improve my wellbeing to be reminded that I'm tired while she's mostly taking photos of herself with a stool.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
What's she like talking about her own brand vitamins. Clicking away and for someone who talks about vitamin D non stop day in day out she's still reading off a script.
duck off would ya
Oh and Vit B12 is €3 in Aldi too

Reactions: 9
She’s so out of touch with real life and real doctoring. Love these replies to her suggestion of early morning webinars for well-being for doctors.
Wellbeing webinars are a time waste it's an hour of instagram therapists or those trying to become celebrity therapists to promote themselves, no wonder she pushes it she's a part of that scheme

Dr D has shown me that just because a doctor achieved high points in the leaving cert does not mean they are intelligent and worthy of respect at all.
A life sized thinspiration Barbie, with the bloody reflections from her ring light constantly in her stories, she's an embarrassment, laughing the way to the bank with her free goodies too.

Reactions: 23
She actually is, I work in a pharmacy and the rep rang today to tell me they'll fly off the shelf, I couldn't stop laughing, shur no1 in their right mind would buy them 😅
Too many follow the power of the doctor in the label, she's a snake oil pusher, no integrity at all. She's been very clear how her ambition was to be a celebrity doctor, look up Dr. Oz a similar slimy person who used to work with Oprah. I can't imagine she cares about her patients wellbeing probably prescribes them to look at her stories and can only talk about female reproduction. Next thing she'll write a book, the money grabber, she already has a podcast. I wonder are those around her embarrassed too

Look on her Instagram how it's a lot of the other influencers congratulating her, it's all about them scratching each others backs, trying to gain a follower off the other

Reactions: 15
I wonder what her employer makes of this! Like if a patient is low on Vitamin D or B12 she will obviously mention her own range you'd imagine.

I'm on a high dose of B12 and when the doctor told me to go on it I asked him what brand would he recommend and he said they are all the same just get the right dose and go for the cheapest one.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Too many follow the power of the doctor in the label, she's a snake oil pusher, no integrity at all. She's been very clear how her ambition was to be a celebrity doctor, look up Dr. Oz a similar slimy person who used to work with Oprah. I can't imagine she cares about her patients wellbeing probably prescribes them to look at her stories and can only talk about female reproduction. Next thing she'll write a book, the money grabber, she already has a podcast. I wonder are those around her embarrassed too

Look on her Instagram how it's a lot of the other influencers congratulating her, it's all about them scratching each others backs, trying to gain a follower off the other
I had to deal with her on the phone before and she was so rude as well. She acted like I was putting her out when I asked about a prescription for a patient, she told me she was very busy and it would take a few hours for the prescription. 5 minutes later she's posting a selfie on insta. She is such a fake wannabe. I pity her patients.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
I had to deal with her on the phone before and she was so rude as well. She acted like I was putting her out when I asked about a prescription for a patient, she told me she was very busy and it would take a few hours for the prescription. 5 minutes later she's posting a selfie on insta. She is such a fake wannabe. I pity her patients.
Shur didn’t someone say on this that she got sacked from that Cork GP Nick’s place as she was inappropriately using the surgery taking photos. A patient complained as they were waiting so long in the waiting area to see her and noticed her post on Instagram right there and then. I’m sure there were more complaints etc but that was the breaking point.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Shur didn’t someone say on this that she got sacked from that Cork GP Nick’s place as she was inappropriately using the surgery taking photos. A patient complained as they were waiting so long in the waiting area to see her and noticed her post on Instagram right there and then. I’m sure there were more complaints etc but that was the breaking point.
Really!! That's gas. Dr Nick Flynn is just as bad though, I had to deal with his surgery a lot and he would never respond to calls or messages as he was just too busy but then you'd see him off swanning around Crosshaven with the dog on Instagram.

disgraceful.

Does anyone know what form of b12 her supplement has? I cant find info on that anywhere...

Reactions: 1
There’s a common perception that every Irish person is deficient in vitamin D. I’ve said this before - I was one of the sheep who started taking Vit D when they were all telling us to at the start of covid…. I mentioned it to my GP and she checked my last bloods pre Covid times and my vitamin D was normal. I know the consensus is we don’t get enough sun but to be telling people to take the vitamin without first checking if they need it is just wrong! Folic acid I know we are all told to take as women, but the constant shrilling of vitamin D without knowing anyones medical information or allergies wrecks my head

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The latest post about the vitamins just gobsmacked me!! These are all very basic vitamins you can purchase in any supermarket or Holland and Barrett. Why on earth would anyone pay extortionate prices for them with the only difference being her name on the label? In Northern Ireland you could also get these for free from your GP were there a clinical reason to do so such as a deficiency.

All she does in go on about vitamin D for the a millionth time what’s the odds she’ll bring out her own vitamin range 😂
Hahhaha well looks like you were right

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
This is shocking - she can bullshit her way around importance of supplements and try to use her DR card for credibility and dart around the essential point that vitamins and supplements do need to be directed by medical guidance and levels checked and not taken if unnecessary. She can NOT, however, evade the fact that this is an ethically very shady area to be advising and prescribing supplements resulting in her own financial gain. That kind of thing was clamped down on years ago and really limited promotional activity and influence from pharma companies. I’m surprised no one has messaged her or commented on her posts about it. I’m also surprised as mentioned above that she hasn’t been asked about the extortionate price point compared to the rest of the already saturated supplement market. Bonkers.

Reactions: 10
This is shocking - she can bullshit her way around importance of supplements and try to use her DR card for credibility and dart around the essential point that vitamins and supplements do need to be directed by medical guidance and levels checked and not taken if unnecessary. She can NOT, however, evade the fact that this is an ethically very shady area to be advising and prescribing supplements resulting in her own financial gain. That kind of thing was clamped down on years ago and really limited promotional activity and influence from pharma companies. I’m surprised no one has messaged her or commented on her posts about it. I’m also surprised as mentioned above that she hasn’t been asked about the extortionate price point compared to the rest of the already saturated supplement market. Bonkers.
She has been asked on her posts. She has swiftly removed those comments.

One comment she deleted asked about the price difference between her folic acid supplement and cheaper products given that they are all FSAI approved and others are actually vegan friendly. Her folic acid supplements aren’t vegan friendly.

Screen grabs from her story
1. Saying she’s always asked about what supplements she would recommend and that now she can recommend her own scream CONFLICT OF INTEREST and totally goes against all that any healthcare professionals code of ethics
2. Thanking all these people almost makes people think the HSE etc are endorsing her products when in fact she just passed their screening to sell (just like the cheaper prices products in Lidl and Boots etc). She has not provided any evidence that hers are superior in any way or that she did any extensive research in the area. She just saw what supplements she used and said oh my followers want to look like skinny old me so I’ll make them pay above odds for these.
no doubt she’ll be in Wellfest with the rest of the unqualified nutritionists/motivational speakers selling wares.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I just cannot understand how it’s allowed. It’s like if a GP developed their own brand of paracetamol- totally bias & un-ethical!

Reactions: 14
It makes me feel really really uncomfortable that she's been laying the groundwork for this business for so long in the posts she's made. Ones that seem like they're educational and for health promotion, but were now obviously just ways of making everyone think that they needed the vitamins she herself would be selling. Legal, probably, but makes me shudder from an ethical and moral standpoint. Also makes everything she says seem even less reliable. She doesn't seem like someone with integrity. And very much a conflict of interest, surely.

GMC as opposed to IMC, but the same standards should apply to someone in her position:

"Avoiding conflicts of interests is another important aspect of probity and can be complex, and even innocently committed. Any financial interests or commitments you may have in a healthcare, pharmaceutical or biomedical organisation must play no part in the treatment decisions you make for your patients."

Reactions: 11
It makes me feel really really uncomfortable that she's been laying the groundwork for this business for so long in the posts she's made. Ones that seem like they're educational and for health promotion, but were now obviously just ways of making everyone think that they needed the vitamins she herself would be selling. Legal, probably, but makes me shudder from an ethical and moral standpoint. Also makes everything she says seem even less reliable. She doesn't seem like someone with integrity. And very much a conflict of interest, surely.

GMC as opposed to IMC, but the same standards should apply to someone in her position:

"Avoiding conflicts of interests is another important aspect of probity and can be complex, and even innocently committed. Any financial interests or commitments you may have in a healthcare, pharmaceutical or biomedical organisation must play no part in the treatment decisions you make for your patients."
Yes, so recommending her own range shouldn't be something she's doing when seeing patients, full stop. I'm still surprised having a line at all is legal. It's completely amoral and mercenary and further evidence that, like Dr. Laura, the medical qualification is just being used as a marketing tool to lend legitimacy to a business model. How long until Dr. Laura has a skincare range, I wonder.

I'm shocked, also, that Doireann's husband is standing by and essentially supporting all this.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.