Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Monkeybum

VIP Member
I'm so excited I just had to share with you all.
I've mentioned a few times my Dad is in hospital with it, first admitted 7th April and in HDU recovering.

Today is his 70th birthday and they've said we can go and see him (first time for me), in masks etc. Can't describe how emotional today is 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 44

abitfairytale

I posted a couple of weeks ago about worrying about visiting Dad, after him being put on palliative care...

He passed away in hospital on Friday. He was rushed in Wednesday night to Respiratory A&E and ended up in Acute Respiratory Care (next door to our Covid Ward which was fortunately empty). COPD took him, myself and Mum were with him, and I have nothing but praise for every single member of the NHS that we dealt with or looked after Dad, they were utterly marvellous.

The one thing I'm grateful for tho is that he wasn't a Covid statistic, and that we both got to be with him to the end.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Alightened

VIP Member
I told my suitcases that I’ve cancelled all holidays this year...

Now I’m dealing with Emotional Baggage..

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Bubble And Squeak

No deaths in Scotland for 4th day in a row 🤞🏻 I think we may be close to eradicating community transmission. I feel a lot safer going my weekly shop now

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Thread #41
Continue here 🙂
wash your hands,
use your sun screen,
bring a rain coat,
go enjoy the summer, but don’t go far, well you’re free to go far... but not that far,
beaches are open,
but you might end up on sky news, don’t visit them, but also visit them! 🙂
Meet friends, but don’t meet friends.
Go shopping, let’s boost the economy! but stay home as much as possible (remember when it was illegal to buy just a non essential Easter egg 🤣 the good old days)
Control the virus, be vigilant, look for that little virus everywhere ,
but you won’t find it because its all under control 😌
but also we still have an “unknown enemy” so control the.........

continue here. 😐

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

nbt

VIP Member
Nottingham pubs are introducing a rule of ‘No ID, no entry’ when they open. You have to prove you’re not from Leicester to be allowed in! 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

SarahGard83

VIP Member
So today's the day that I can now meet up to 6 people outside. Now to find 6 people that I actually still like. Far too many friends and family have pissed me off during all this 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
I have been saying to my husband, I don't want to go on a big holiday until things are completely back to normal, husband last night decided to tell me he just sees a world where mask wearing becomes the norm, we will just get used to it, and there is a possibility it's this way for the rest of our lives.

His argument was if we never get a vaccine and it stays in circulation then they won't be able to repeal things like masks everywhere without public outcey.

Cue total meltdown from me because I just refuse to think it will be this way for the rest of my life. I see some small things staying but wearing a mask in any public space? (Like any time you go to a museum or theme park for the rest of your life!) Never going to a wedding reception or night club? No thank you. I genuinely believe even if we don't get a vaccine, things will at some point have to go back to real life because this is just point blank fucking depressing.

Anyway, his little comments made me a sobbing mess at 12am, so just to say even though I am normally the most rational and fact driven person, I have meltdowns too guys! (Maybe I'm the one who needs the slap today?😂)
Completely agree with you. Mask wearing will be around for a while then it’ll fade out. You’ll probably see people wearing them for a few years, just like you often see Chinese/Asian tourists wearing them - but this will be their choice. It’ll get to a stage where the virus is still around but not prevalent or as deadly as predicted - you didn’t see anyone wearing masks for swine flu did you?

I don’t think this virus is bad enough to warrant the life of everyone on the planet being changed beyond recognition forever. I’m saying this as someone who works in the NHS and has known many people to die or be seriously ill (both patients and colleagues). If it had a high fatality rate or was indiscriminately affecting all age groups I’d understand more, but with of course some exceptions the majority of people dying from this are elderly and already very ill. It will take a while but over the years it will become a seasonal illness which mainly sees outbreaks in elderly wards and care homes with a few isolated cases in healthy people who were just very unlucky.
The general public and government are going to be very twitchy for perhaps the next 12 months, but this won’t be forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Titntat

VIP Member
So turns out Granny was pulling a prank!!! Kids are going for a sleepover at the weekend. Get fucking in!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be getting a take out and lots of gin 😂😂😂 apparently shagging all night too, doubt it I'll be in a gin and fold coma!!!

• Haha

xoxo GG

VIP Member
I have an interview this week for a trainee nursing associate position. It’s a step towards the nurse I always imagined I would be when I was younger. I applied for it mid pandemic, no idea of what the future held, no idea of how this would all turn out.

But I think this pandemic has made me realise what I want to do career wise, for maybe the first time in my life 😌

• Heart

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Been out to shops today and it’s so weird queueing and things being so different. It’s so nice to see them numbers dropping. I said to my mum earlier I really don’t want life to be like this forever so this makes me slightly happier.
I absolutely hate the way of life at the moment. It gets me down. I don’t want my little boy to grow up in a world where it’s normal to not want anybody near you, where live music and events are something from the olden days and before his time, or when washing your hands before and after you enter a shop is normal. Because it’s not normal at all. I love going out for the sense of “normality” but the queues soon bring you back down to Earth! I can’t wait for this to all be over.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

kev1974

VIP Member
Wow just been announced that all the Broadway theatres in New York will remain closed until 3rd January 2021 (they closed suddenly in March, about the same time ours did).

I few UK theatres and arts venues have already made similar announcements in recent days about not reopening until 2021, but I expect a lot more around the country will now, and no doubt a similar date will come from London's West End theatre organisations.

This is just devastating news for the Arts world. I would think that theatres staying closed that long also means the same for concert venues and probably even nightclubs too, although I realise there's a lot more behind the scenes work in very cramped conditions that goes into theatres than nightclubs. I know there's some open air / drive-in concert type stuff being announced here and there but the capacities for those are tiny and it's hard to see how they're making any money.

Tragic for all those employed in the Arts both here and in the USA.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

kev1974

VIP Member
Scientists are now saying there's evidence the virus is airbourne and this will affect the rules on SD..
So what puzzles me about these claims coming now, is if that's the case, why weren't people working in Tesco etc dropping like flies all over the place. They have worked like troopers throughout all of this, and it was a good few weeks at the start of this before any of the supermarkets started getting the perspex screens up around the checkouts etc. And there's shelf stackers and online shopping pickers which many stores have working in the aisles in amongst the public all the time, no perspex screens for them.

So if it is airborne and as contagious as claimed, why aren't there loads of sick supermarket workers everywhere?

Reactions: 20

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Just got home from a restaurant and it was a lovely experience. All staff had either masks or visors on. Hand sanitiser on entrance where we we gave in our email addresses for track and trace and we’re told about the one way system round the restaurant for toilet use/exiting. Disposable menus. Drinks/plates placed on the end of the table for us to pass down ourselves. Each waiter/waitress appeared to have their own card machine to avoid them sharing. Every other table was left empty.

It was a nice relaxing experience and really enjoyable. It felt quite normal and although they were being safe, it wasn’t over the top.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

JLXRD

VIP Member
Could it be possible they are using Leicester to make an example of it? First place there's a rise they put them back into harsh lockdown to make us all more compliant where we may have been complacent?

Feel like i am living in a dystopian novel.

• Sad
Reactions: 19

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
Woke up to a message from my mum asking if my son would like to sleep over tonight 🙌🏻 🍹 needless to say I’ve snatched her hand off at that offer 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19