Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Your thoughts right now .....4 questions.

• Question 1: I’m angry at the public for “flouting” guidelines , I’m worried & fear a second wave.

Votes: 237 55.6%
  • Question 1: I can understand why so many are “flouting” rules, I’m probably doing similar myself.

Votes: 155 36.4%
  • Question 2: I think masks should be mandatory everywhere

Votes: 218 51.2%
  • Question 2: Masks should be a personal choice.

Votes: 162 38.0%
  • Question 3: holiday update: I’m booking a holiday abroad for some time in 2020!

Votes: 41 9.6%
  • Question 3: I’m going nowhere!

Votes: 211 49.5%
  • Question 3: I’m only holidaying one the U.K. in 2020

Votes: 130 30.5%
  • Question 4: I've been through the fires of hell, aka primark (any non essential shopping)

Votes: 102 23.9%
  • Question 4: primark, non essential etc, not a chance yet...

Votes: 260 61.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread #41
Continue here 🙂
wash your hands,
use your sun screen,
bring a rain coat,
go enjoy the summer, but don’t go far, well you’re free to go far... but not that far,
beaches are open,
but you might end up on sky news, don’t visit them, but also visit them! 🙂
Meet friends, but don’t meet friends.
Go shopping, let’s boost the economy! but stay home as much as possible (remember when it was illegal to buy just a non essential Easter egg 🤣 the good old days)
Control the virus, be vigilant, look for that little virus everywhere ,
but you won’t find it because its all under control 😌
but also we still have an “unknown enemy” so control the.........

continue here. 😐

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Thread #41
Continue here 🙂
wash your hands,
use your sun screen,
bring a rain coat,
go enjoy the summer, but don’t go far, well you’re free to go far... but not that far,
beaches are open,
but you might end up on sky news, don’t visit them, but also visit them! 🙂
Meet friends, but don’t meet friends.
Go shopping, let’s boost the economy! but stay home as much as possible (remember when it was illegal to buy just a non essential Easter egg 🤣 the good old days)
Control the virus, be vigilant, look for that little virus everywhere ,
but you won’t find it because its all under control 😌
but also we still have an “unknown enemy” so control the.........

continue here. 😐
Oh god the Easter egg argument was classic 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I'm quite surprised that the non essential shops that have opened haven't bypassed summer items altogether and gone full on into Christmas mode. I'm surprised that we've not got Christmas music blasting out in all the reopened stores🎄🎁🎅🎅🎅. That reminds me, where did I put the Christmas tree lights🤔🤔🤔. It is nearly July 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm quite surprised that the non essential shops that have opened haven't bypassed summer items altogether and gone full on into Christmas mode. I'm surprised that we've not got Christmas music blasting out in all the reopened stores🎄🎁🎅🎅🎅. That reminds me, where did I put the Christmas tree lights🤔🤔🤔. It is nearly July 😂😂😂
Im buying everyone a 2 metre ruler for Christmas 'get bleeping back' 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Kev, I couldn’t reply to you as the last thread closed.

I worry because my husband is asthmatic. If he gets it he would be very unwell or worse so my daughter going back to work worries me, the risk of her bringing it into our home will be increased compared to now. I’m not saying lockdown is ideal or something I want to go on forever but I’m sure many feel the same as me about going back to work. Our other child isn’t going back to school until September to keep the risk lower for my husband but our eldest can’t lose her job, she loves it so much.

I agree, it’s brilliant that there have been no major spikes in cases or deaths despite the crowds on the beaches and protests, it is very reassuring.

Reactions: 9
And the star spangled banner in triumph shall wave,
Ooooooooh the land of the free and the home of the brave

I love twitter 😐

DROP THE bleeping TWINKIES KAREN! NOT THE TWINKIES! duck you if I pick those up and bring them home and they’re squashed. Animal.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Q3 - I had breaks booked overseas and in the UK before this all kicked off. My insurance have already confirmed that we’re covered as we booked before it’s c-19 cut off date and we will be going.

If anything I’m more relaxed about my Lanza holiday in September than I am for Cornwall in 3 weeks. I’m still seeing reports over the weekend of no local facilities being open so people are making public toilets on beaches and there’s still hostility from locals 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
What’s the situation in England with travel? Are people allowed to go anywhere? I’m in Wales so we’re technically not allowed - my family is all in England and I’m wondering how I stand with going to visit. Not really allowed further than 5 miles but once I’m over the border it’s fair game? So weird.

Reactions: 3
This may be a stupid question. I see that the Government are recommending that Leicester stay locked down for another two weeks. In theory, that’s a great idea to stop the spread. However, what is to stop people just going to the next town or city over and spreading it there? Unless there are police on the roads etc, I can’t see how it helps. Any ideas?

Reactions: 12
This may be a stupid question. I see that the Government are recommending that Leicester stay locked down for another two weeks. In theory, that’s a great idea to stop the spread. However, what is to stop people just going to the next town or city over and spreading it there? Unless there are police on the roads etc, I can’t see how it helps. Any ideas?
I can't see how local lockdown will work to be honest. Was discussing this with my husband as he works in different towns on a daily basis. He's furloughed at the moment but we live in Hull but he could have one lift to fix in Nottingham in the morning then could be sent to another in say Leicester in the afternoon

Reactions: 8
I can't see how local lockdown will work to be honest. Was discussing this with my husband as he works in different towns on a daily basis. He's furloughed at the moment but we live in Hull but he could have one lift to fix in Nottingham in the morning then could be sent to another in say Leicester in the afternoon
This is what I was thinking too. I remember when the Chinese put roads blocks and check points around Wuhan etc so that people couldn’t go in or out. I can’t imagine the British taking that too well but also can’t see another way for it to work. Equally, people will put themselves first if there is no furlough support during the local lockdown and go to the office anyway!

Reactions: 4
I saw last night the government know the lockdowns won't work ;)their just relying on the testing !

• Angry
Reactions: 1
All they are proposing is not opening restaurants etc on the 4th and delaying it by 2 weeks and increased testing and tracing.

No deaths in Scotland for 4th day in a row 🤞🏻 I think we may be close to eradicating community transmission. I feel a lot safer going my weekly shop now

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I told my suitcases that I’ve cancelled all holidays this year...

Now I’m dealing with Emotional Baggage..

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Q3 - I had breaks booked overseas and in the UK before this all kicked off. My insurance have already confirmed that we’re covered as we booked before it’s c-19 cut off date and we will be going.

If anything I’m more relaxed about my Lanza holiday in September than I am for Cornwall in 3 weeks. I’m still seeing reports over the weekend of no local facilities being open so people are making public toilets on beaches and there’s still hostility from locals 🙄
More and more public toilets are reopening, the council have had to refit some of them to adhere with social distancing. More importantly lifeguards are getting back to manning the beaches, slowly but hopefully by the summer holidays they will be fully up and running.
I wouldn't say locals are hostile,the most I've seen is locals saying they are making the most of the next week or two and will then stay away from the tourist hotspots until the end of the summer season. You see the odd prat on social media but in reality that is a tiny percentage who think like that and you'll likely not even come in to contact with those few. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time down here and hopefully the sun will shine ☀

• Heart
Reactions: 6
All they are proposing is not opening restaurants etc on the 4th and delaying it by 2 weeks and increased testing and tracing.
If this is all that they are doing then I don’t see the point. The people that live there could easily drive to other parts of Leicestershire to go the pub, cinema and so on, all whilst spreading the virus.

Reactions: 5
Sorry if this has already been covered but what’s the script with weddings??

all nations have their own rules but I’ve just read the list of rules for English weddings... honestly it sounds like a dystopian nightmare. No singing allowed, brides and grooms in masks.

It made me wonder if the uptake will still be high. I can fully get folk really wanting to get married now (as in just them, get married, no fuss/reception etc ) I’d be interested to know if any Tattlers are planning on having a covid wedding ceremony and reception this year?

Reactions: 2
Sorry if this has already been covered but what’s the script with weddings??

all nations have their own rules but I’ve just read the list of rules for English weddings... honestly it sounds like a dystopian nightmare. No singing allowed, brides and grooms in masks.

It made me wonder if the uptake will still be high. I can fully get folk really wanting to get married now (as in just them, get married, no fuss/reception etc ) I’d be interested to know if any Tattlers are planning on having a covid wedding ceremony and reception this year?
The bride and groom don't have to wear masks. The only major changes is the no singing, other than that it is just increased hygiene and limited numbers so I don't think it will feel anywhere near dystopian, although I'm sure most people will wait until you can have a reception.
Lots of friend's had their weddings cancelled this summer, but one is going ahead for September.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.