Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The number of infections are the most important thing that determines the R number the deaths come at the end ..out of the 252,084 tests they might have only tested 576 people that leaves a big black hole...how is that not important

Reactions: 7
The number of infections are the most important thing that determines the R number the deaths come at the end ..out of the 252,084 tests they might have only tested 576 people that leaves a big black hole...how is that not important
I very much doubt that they will have only tested 576 people. They’re obviously not lying too much about how many people are being tested and returning positive tests otherwise how are the deaths still falling?

Anyway, I’m done with derailing. Apologies for attempting to bring some positive news into a tit situation.

Reactions: 4
Nooo Monga shhh, cmon have some optimism please 😝

I see where you're coming from but I don't think we will get that info, so I guess we just have to compare what we are given for now. On that basis it currently looks like things are getting better, and hopefully the higher tests issued is reflective of the number of people being tested.

• Haha
The number of infections are the most important thing that determines the R number the deaths come at the end ..out of the 252,084 tests they might have only tested 576 people that leaves a big black hole...
I think biggest worry for me last few days
Comparing some figures side by side
Is deaths and Postives lower but so are number of tests.

Something we learnt from leicester lately is many kids had it and many had no symptoms.
If you have no symptoms you wont routinely think i need to test.
Obviously with outbreak more people especially in lock down areas and outbreaks like recent factory outbreaks and weston hospital they tested all staff.
40% weston hospital staff tested postive many showing no symptoms or having previously tested as negative.
The speed tests coming back ard quicker.

They not routinely testing healthcare staff weekly and no mention testing in schools.
So we just dont know how prevelant covid is within the community as we just focus on hospitals and carehomes.

How come the government knew leicester was an issue before locals?

Reactions: 1
This is incredibly sad, I know not many will have followed the ROI briefings but he ran the daily briefings for Ireland every day over the last few months.
It’s awful to think his wife was so unwell during this all,
and he ended up in hospital himself 🤦‍♀️
his kids are only teenagers I think.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Nooo Monga shhh, cmon have some optimism please 😝

I see where you're coming from but I don't think we will get that info, so I guess we just have to compare what we are given for now. On that basis it currently looks like things are getting better, and hopefully the higher tests issued is reflective of the number of people being tested.
Sorry I'm a realist it's how we are here 😂

I think biggest worry for me last few days
Comparing some figures side by side
Is deaths and Postives lower but so are number of tests.

Something we learnt from leicester lately is many kids had it and many had no symptoms.
If you have no symptoms you wont routinely think i need to test.
Obviously with outbreak more people especially in lock down areas and outbreaks like recent factory outbreaks and weston hospital they tested all staff.
40% weston hospital staff tested postive many showing no symptoms or having previously tested as negative.
The speed tests coming back ard quicker.

They not routinely testing healthcare staff weekly and no mention testing in schools.
So we just dont know how prevelant covid is within the community as we just focus on hospitals and carehomes.

As long as they keep on top of it that's all people can hope for unfortunately..

Reactions: 3
Been out to shops today and it’s so weird queueing and things being so different. It’s so nice to see them numbers dropping. I said to my mum earlier I really don’t want life to be like this forever so this makes me slightly happier.
I absolutely hate the way of life at the moment. It gets me down. I don’t want my little boy to grow up in a world where it’s normal to not want anybody near you, where live music and events are something from the olden days and before his time, or when washing your hands before and after you enter a shop is normal. Because it’s not normal at all. I love going out for the sense of “normality” but the queues soon bring you back down to Earth! I can’t wait for this to all be over.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Sorry I'm a realist it's how we are here 😂
You say realist, I say pessimist 😆

But then I would say I am an optimist and you would probs say I have my head in the clouds so different strokes for different folks I guess!

I just want some kind of light at the end of the tunnel.

But then I would say I am an optimist and you would probs say I have my head in the clouds so different strokes for different folks I guess!

I'm the first to say I'm a pessimist that way I don't get very many disappointments :ROFLMAO: and the only way is up😂

• Haha
Anyone in Scotland dreading wearing a mask to go to the shop 🤨 a feel so claustrophobic wearing them omg
Yeah I am! I ordered a snood type one that I can pull up when I get to the shops, hoping it won’t feel as tight round my face. Tbh I’m from Glasgow and I honestly don’t see happening, unless shops will refuse entry I can’t see 100% of people complying with it. I just think when it was a recommendation you didn’t see any shop workers wearing one and you think their manager would ask them to set an example for shoppers. I honestly think it should be a choice

Reactions: 3
Thanks. It’ll probably be our last trip to Cornwall and we’ll look to visit other parts of the country in future. Shame as we love it down there but right now I’m feeling incredibly anxious about visiting, especially after reading local‘s comments over the past few days 😞
Locals need to remember that Cornwall would be f**ked without tourism..My family live there and it infuriates me that people would be nasty about people visiting - during lockdown YES. But not now.

Reactions: 9
Trumps holding the biggest ever 4th of July fireworks display in the white house grounds 300,000 face masks are being issued to all that want to attend but they're not compelled to wear them .The mayor has no power to stop it as it's inside the grounds ...That man never fails to amaze:rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6

I have a total girl crush on you. Can I have you on speed dial please

• Haha

School children and adults are being randomly tested and invited via letter. My daughter has one next week. No idea why the government aren’t publicising this I find it really reassuring

Locals need to remember that Cornwall would be f**ked without tourism..My family live there and it infuriates me that people would be nasty about people visiting - during lockdown YES. But not now.
the Cornwall lot are rabid 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Haha I’m a spec wearer lol I’ve got it down to a tee wearing them 40 hours a week for the last 16 weeks 😂
How do you cope?! I’ve worn a mask twice as my little boy had hospital appointments. My face was sweating and I couldn’t see from my glasses. It was horrible.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.