Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I broke the rules and went for a BBQ last night outdoors with our whole family. Which is about 16 of us. We all kept our distance apart from the kids and honestly seeing my children running around playing with their cousins was just amazing.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Update on figures:
Screenshot_20200704-182552_Twitter.jpg

Link to dash boards:

67 deaths today compared with 100 last Saturday. 624 positive compared with 890 last Sat.

Reactions: 10
Not from the UK but keep up with the news there and I am astounded at the lack of social distancing today now that things have reopened, and lack of masks.
How does the UK manage to fail so much at distancing? Our restaurants and pubs have been open a while now, and retail. There is always someone on the door with sanitizer and making sure that people in the queue are distanced. The first wave hasn't even finished yet in the UK it seems.

Reactions: 3
Not from the UK but keep up with the news there and I am astounded at the lack of social distancing today now that things have reopened, and lack of masks.
How does the UK manage to fail so much at distancing? Our restaurants and pubs have been open a while now, and retail. There is always someone on the door with sanitizer and making sure that people in the queue are distanced. The first wave hasn't even finished yet in the UK it seems.
I mean.. everywhere I have been (lots of shops etc) has had distanced queues and sanitiser available so not sure where you're referring to? In terms of masks we are in line with a few other countries in only making them mandatory on public transport.

Not sure where you're from but whilst we are not the best, we're certainly not the worst at the minute and our cases are dropping..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Are restaurant/pub/retail staff required to wear masks?
Haven't been to a pub or restaurant yet so not sure but I don't beleive so. Retail staff it's at their discretion I believe unless the shop specifies.

I've not really seen any supermarket staff etc in them, maybe 1 in 10.

Reactions: 1
I work at supermarket none of the staff wear masks apart from security guard.
Our store still letting limited people in but other food shops seem have no queues very little social distancing inside tesco was nightmare this morning but its small store the superstore other day much better.
Lilds and Morrison chaos aldi much better.

Apparently queue non socially distanced men outside local pubs today according to Facebook.
Online virtual assembly yesterday qhwre none of the staff sociallly distanced that. well.
Friend who works at hospital said cases gone up this week from last from 4 to 9 so not huge amounts.
Weekend always low figures.

Reactions: 1
Deaths, although devastating, are not the only problem. Many people, including doctors and nurses who have been ill, are reporting long term after effects including lung, heart and breathing problems plus extreme fatigue more than 3 months afterwards. Also reoccurring fevers. There’s no guarantee that everyone who ‘recovers’ will be back to how they were before.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I mean.. everywhere I have been (lots of shops etc) has had distanced queues and sanitiser available so not sure where you're referring to? In terms of masks we are in line with a few other countries in only making them mandatory on public transport.

Not sure where you're from but whilst we are not the best, we're certainly not the worst at the minute and our cases are dropping..
Say it louder for those at the back 📣👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There’s right nimbyism going on my local Facebook page, pubs have reopened, seem to be no issues and the neighbours are up in arms. Guess they have got used to the lack of noise etc!

Reactions: 2
Just got home from a restaurant and it was a lovely experience. All staff had either masks or visors on. Hand sanitiser on entrance where we we gave in our email addresses for track and trace and we’re told about the one way system round the restaurant for toilet use/exiting. Disposable menus. Drinks/plates placed on the end of the table for us to pass down ourselves. Each waiter/waitress appeared to have their own card machine to avoid them sharing. Every other table was left empty.

It was a nice relaxing experience and really enjoyable. It felt quite normal and although they were being safe, it wasn’t over the top.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
From a uni student, who used to go out near enough every other night before lockdown’s perspective, i can confirm I am sat in the conservatory with a gin and lemonade, because I know that I don’t have to drink in the pub. I would rather the gyms open first than pubs lmao

Call me selfish, but I have a holiday booked for end of July (been booked since October last year), and is quite like to go on it

Reactions: 10
Urgh images from local pubs showing the local football match between two rivals and I don’t know because I don’t care but it was a last minute equaliser and from the videos I’ve seen they’re all jumping up and down in the pubs and hugging each other!!!

If you’re in a bubble then yes you can all behave as normal and not have to keep your distance etc, even adults. But if somebody shows symptoms then you would all have to isolate as from when you bubble you essentially become ‘one household’
Ok, got it. Which again is common sense, as even if we do keep 2m apart then if any one of us gets symptoms in the next couple of weeks, we would have to assume high risk of other household having it as well.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.