Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m doing the same Sunday night. I’m child free, partner free and I am ready for it. I’m excited to eat my dinner without little grotty toddler hands helping themselves, to have a long hot shower in peace, watch TV in bed with the volume higher than 3 and sleep through the entire night. I literally get giddy with excitement 😂
I'm so jealous. Not even in a way I'm happy for you. Just jealous 😡😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Personally I wouldn't entertain going to a pub or restaurant. I bet all the young ones will be out at the pub this weekend though.:confused:
Pubs won't be the same though, so won't be fun for anyone looking for a real night out. Loads of people on my Facebook have said they are sticking to garden parties for now.

Reactions: 6
Nottingham pubs are introducing a rule of ‘No ID, no entry’ when they open. You have to prove you’re not from Leicester to be allowed in! 😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m doing the same Sunday night. I’m child free, partner free and I am ready for it. I’m excited to eat my dinner without little grotty toddler hands helping themselves, to have a long hot shower in peace, watch TV in bed with the volume higher than 3 and sleep through the entire night. I literally get giddy with excitement 😂
[/QUOTE

wait sleep through the entire night?!? I have two of said grotty little toddlers but I thought the new rules still required distancing whilst inside the house? 🙏🙏🙏

Nottingham pubs are introducing a rule of ‘No ID, no entry’ when they open. You have to prove you’re not from Leicester to be allowed in! 😬
As someone who lives in Notts I’m very glad about this!! I’ve been worried that they will all just come here to go out if they can’t in Leicester. Glad there is a plan in place!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wigan is a town on the list.

here is a statement from Wigan council.

“PLEASE SHARE: Wigan is not currently at risk of going into a further local lockdown.

Professor Kate Ardern, director of Public Health, said: “Following the government’s decision to introduce a local lockdown in Leicester, we have been made aware that the media is sharing a list of places that could be next, including Wigan.

“The figures being quoted are weekly case increases, without any wider context. So for example, in the last week we only recorded two new cases, compared to zero cases the week before. Our 7-day infection rate is 3.7 per 100,000 people compared to Leicester’s rate of 135 per 100,000. We also currently have the sixth lowest rate of cases in Greater Manchester and cases in Wigan have only accounted for 0.3% of all national cases this week.

“The way this information has been pulled together is misleading, unhelpful and irresponsible. I’d like to reassure our residents that we monitor all cases through our daily Covid-19 tracker which we’ll be sharing publicly on our website shortly so all residents can see clear, accurate, up to date information which should help put their minds at ease, but to be clear judging by our latest figures, I don’t think we can expect a local lockdown any time soon.”
Our town is on the list and the council have put out a similar post! Sick to death of the scaremongering now. I mean the other day the daily mail ran an article saying how the virus grows tentacles and latches onto your cells or something (I didn’t read past the headline 😴), with scary looking pictures to illustrate it! Show people any close ups of what goes on in their body every day and it won’t look pretty.

The figures are so low, sorry but I refuse to live my life in fear. I’m no expert but the economic effects of lockdown etc will cause more deaths and exacerbate more illnesses (particularly mental illness) than corona surely. Imagine the suicides from people that have lost their jobs and got into debt etc. The domestic violence murders (there’s been quite a few in my area lately), thefts and burglaries (again loads in my area). No one knows what to believe any more so you can’t blame them for carrying on as normal.

Also notice how the emphasis in the media is now on number of infections rather than deaths. Because the relatively low number of deaths now doesn’t fit the narrative any more.
P.s. I promise I’m not a tin foil hat nutcase 😂

Reactions: 14
As someone who lives in Notts I’m very glad about this!! I’ve been worried that they will all just come here to go out if they can’t in Leicester. Glad there is a plan in place!
We’re about 20 miles out so at the moment feel like there is almost a safety barrier there, so also grateful for this! Not that we have any plans to go into town any time soon but all it takes is anyone from my town to go mingling in pubs with others 😕

Reactions: 1
I hadn’t even let my mind get to that yet, but you’re right! It’s because they actually don’t have a clue how many people are being tested. 😬

Also, Deloitte the accounting firm is one of the companies that have a private testing contract. Of course an accounting firm is who you would think of when you need pandemic testing....! It’s all very strange.

Probably owned by one of the stories chums/beneficiaries - bent bastards!!!

Also - it's not been reported nationally but the Leicester Mayor broke the rules himself by visiting his partner NUMEROUS times during lockdown - he even slept over...

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Had my antibody test today lol
Text message said your test has not detected antibodies

Followed by
Not everyone with covid develops antibodies to be detected 😂

Useless

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Our town is on the list and the council have put out a similar post! Sick to death of the scaremongering now. I mean the other day the daily mail ran an article saying how the virus grows tentacles and latches onto your cells or something (I didn’t read past the headline 😴), with scary looking pictures to illustrate it! Show people any close ups of what goes on in their body every day and it won’t look pretty.

The figures are so low, sorry but I refuse to live my life in fear. I’m no expert but the economic effects of lockdown etc will cause more deaths and exacerbate more illnesses (particularly mental illness) than corona surely. Imagine the suicides from people that have lost their jobs and got into debt etc. The domestic violence murders (there’s been quite a few in my area lately), thefts and burglaries (again loads in my area). No one knows what to believe any more so you can’t blame them for carrying on as normal.

Also notice how the emphasis in the media is now on number of infections rather than deaths. Because the relatively low number of deaths now doesn’t fit the narrative any more.
P.s. I promise I’m not a tin foil hat nutcase 😂
It's the number of infections that's important ,the deaths come at the end .These deaths they're reporting are probably the tail end of the previous lockdown/wave.It's how they control these new infections will determine the number of people to die going into the next wave ,unless they get on top of it to stop that happening..

He said they saw the rise happening for the past 2 weeks and so they put in 4 mobile testing sites, which they will now be increasing again.
Hospital admissions in Leicester are between 6-10 a day, other trusts are around 1.

He also said children had been particularly impacted by this outbreaks so schools are closing from Thursday for all but essential workers and the vulnerable. Does anyone know how children have been 'particularly impacted', are they asymptomatic and spreading it or are they catching it and becoming ill?

I'm so frustrated by this. I kept my child.off of nursery as I didn't trust the whole 'kids don't get it or pass it on' line. And with Matt Hancock's comment that's just proved. Yes it's a new virus. Yes we're always learning but christ, the amount of school closures nationally is pretty high and for him to add that comment about children has just shocked and re-affirmed my instinct to keep my child off.

Reactions: 5
So turns out Granny was pulling a prank!!! Kids are going for a sleepover at the weekend. Get bleeping in!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be getting a take out and lots of gin 😂😂😂 apparently shagging all night too, doubt it I'll be in a gin and fold coma!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
So turns out Granny was pulling a prank!!! Kids are going for a sleepover at the weekend. Get bleeping in!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be getting a take out and lots of gin 😂😂😂 apparently shagging all night too, doubt it I'll be in a gin and fold coma!!!

Ooooh no who wants to waste energy shagging on a kid free night 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Ooh she got you good! 🤣

Where’s our stats guru? Please can you make me feel better about these numbers? My rona coaster was on its way up yesterday, but today has started on the downward turn and I don’t like it.

Reactions: 3
A month today until I'm allowed out and back to normality and I'm not in the least bit interested. Think I've definitely become a bit of a recluse. Haven't even gone for my allowed daily walks as the outside scares me. I'm sure in time it'll feel more normal but for now I'm just going to carry on as I have been

I totally agree! I went for a second walk last night and it feels so weird, I can’t say I enjoy it, I feel exposed the whole time!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Where’s our stats guru? Please can you make me feel better about these numbers? My rona coaster was on its way up yesterday, but today has started on the downward turn and I don’t like it.
Not the stats guru but here we go:
• 7 day avg of deaths within the NHS currently at 40
• Wednesdays 7 day avg has decreased by 57.4% over the last 4 weeks
• NHS deaths announced today had 50 deaths over 14 dates compared to 51 over 8 last week.

ONS reports seem to be showing that PHE reporting care home deaths is done in batches. Especially the fact they literally do not report over the weekend.

Take the positives. The deaths are below 5 year average. We aren’t where we were in April. Infection rate is falling (even with small increases which will become more obvious as the numbers fall)

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.