Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Woke up to a message from my mum asking if my son would like to sleep over tonight 🙌🏻 🍹 needless to say I’ve snatched her hand off at that offer 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Woke up to a message from my mum asking if my son would like to sleep over tonight 🙌🏻 🍹 needless to say I’ve snatched her hand off at that offer 😂
Lucky! Wish my mum would offer already, I’m losing my mind between work and the kids. Her diary is going to be full in the coming months, I tell you.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My favourite was how someone’s cousins aunt etc knew the military were going to be on the street the next day, coming from a very military background I knew this was bollocks, some people were convinced though 😬
I remember people either saying 'the army are going to force a lockdown ' or 'lockdown won't happen here, schools and everything back open as normal after easter' ,there was no in between.

I still can't believe the whole last 3-4 months actually happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
If shielding is paused on 1st August does this mean that I'm able to go sit in my parents house and that my children can sleep over? As much as I love the little darlings I'm so ready for some peace and quiet.

Reactions: 8
I remember the struggles of trying to find nappies for my 2yo.

I’ve potty trained him during lockdown.

Reactions: 5
Lucky! Wish my mum would offer already, I’m losing my mind between work and the kids. Her diary is going to be full in the coming months, I tell you.
I feel you. I’ve juggled working from home and schooling from home and until recently with the social bubble with my fella I’ve had no let up from things or adult conversation. The silence this evening will be bliss 😂 I shan’t be running off to a pub but a long peaceful bath, some wine and a takeaway in peace will be heaven! And a lie in!!!! I’ve forgotten what that’s like.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I feel you. I’ve juggled working from home and schooling from home and until recently with the social bubble with my fella I’ve had no let up from things or adult conversation. The silence this evening will be bliss 😂 I shan’t be running off to a pub but a long peaceful bath, some wine and a takeaway in peace will be heaven! And a lie in!!!! I’ve forgotten what that’s like.
Enjoy every minute! Sounds blissful. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Completely agree with you. Mask wearing will be around for a while then it’ll fade out. You’ll probably see people wearing them for a few years, just like you often see Chinese/Asian tourists wearing them - but this will be their choice. It’ll get to a stage where the virus is still around but not prevalent or as deadly as predicted - you didn’t see anyone wearing masks for swine flu did you?

I don’t think this virus is bad enough to warrant the life of everyone on the planet being changed beyond recognition forever. I’m saying this as someone who works in the NHS and has known many people to die or be seriously ill (both patients and colleagues). If it had a high fatality rate or was indiscriminately affecting all age groups I’d understand more, but with of course some exceptions the majority of people dying from this are elderly and already very ill. It will take a while but over the years it will become a seasonal illness which mainly sees outbreaks in elderly wards and care homes with a few isolated cases in healthy people who were just very unlucky.
The general public and government are going to be very twitchy for perhaps the next 12 months, but this won’t be forever.
Thank you for this. Can I ask how you and your colleagues n the NHS are feeling about the winter and a potential peak? And also I'd you have seen obesity as a cause for a more severe virus? X

My kids bags are already packed. Can't wait for a nice bath, pamper, gin and Chinese 🥰🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Hello new to this thread, sorry if this has been a question already raised. But is anyone else finding food stores this week are no longer bothering with the queuing outside system?? I did a shop in Lidl at weekend, no queue walked straight in and there were a lot of people inside. Had to go to Aldi’s and Asda last night and the same again. Aldi’s had been sanitising the trolley before giving it to you when you were waiting in the queue. That’s now gone, back to using coins for the trolleys. Both stores were v busy inside.
In Asda was it a normal Friday night shop, really busy. Just feel they’ve given up? Might just be my area, thought I’d ask on here, as it’s making me cross that loads of people think everything back to normal!

Reactions: 4
Thank you for this. Can I ask how you and your colleagues n the NHS are feeling about the winter and a potential peak? And also I'd you have seen obesity as a cause for a more severe virus? X
I feel that the virus might end up being a seasonal virus where it peaks up in the colder months

And I would defo say obesity would make the virus harder to get rid of if you do catch it because all that extra fat you’re carrying is gonna put extra strain on your organs when they’re already under pressure fighting off a virus

I have had an eye test this morning and whilst I was in town decided to go into a couple of shops as I’m in need of new clothes (didn’t find any that I liked though!). Anyway, I was really dreading going in but it was actually nowhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. Whilst I don’t plan on going shopping often, it’s made me feel better about going again when I need to and honestly it was just nice to see shops and cafes open again, it felt a little bit more normal.

Reactions: 9
Can I ask peoples thoughts on whether they will allowing grandparents/relatives to hug now that we can go inside and sleepover at houses?! Were not supposed to...

We've stuck to the rules religiously but have decided to let our household bubble up with 2 others. It means that the kids can all play. They're too young for school but could go to the childminder but they aren't. So in theory this is way safer in terms of risk and exposure to others.

Is it a 'guideline' or 'law' that we shouldn't hug? I rmemeber Boris saying that the.polcor won't enforce anything a couple of weeks ago but instead he trusts people 😳

I have been saying to my husband, I don't want to go on a big holiday until things are completely back to normal, husband last night decided to tell me he just sees a world where mask wearing becomes the norm, we will just get used to it, and there is a possibility it's this way for the rest of our lives.

His argument was if we never get a vaccine and it stays in circulation then they won't be able to repeal things like masks everywhere without public outcey.

Cue total meltdown from me because I just refuse to think it will be this way for the rest of my life. I see some small things staying but wearing a mask in any public space? (Like any time you go to a museum or theme park for the rest of your life!) Never going to a wedding reception or night club? No thank you. I genuinely believe even if we don't get a vaccine, things will at some point have to go back to real life because this is just point blank bleeping depressing.

Anyway, his little comments made me a sobbing mess at 12am, so just to say even though I am normally the most rational and fact driven person, I have meltdowns too guys! (Maybe I'm the one who needs the slap today?😂)
Gah don’t say it 😂 there’s part of me that kind of worries the same! But at the same time if 80 percent of people or whatever is it will be mildly affected then there’s got a be some sort of herd immunity being built. But this thought has crossed my mind and if it’s not this what if there’s another bug. Will our lives ever return to normal? Sorry just my depressing mid morning musings 😂

If shielding is paused on 1st August does this mean that I'm able to go sit in my parents house and that my children can sleep over? As much as I love the little darlings I'm so ready for some peace and quiet.
I just don’t get how they can pause it. My neighbour was saying they’ve told them next month but surely if you’re a high risk category you’re still at risk. Obviously I’d love for them to start getting some sense of normality back, they did 3 months with two little boys but surely it’s still a risk.

Totally get you,
and I know laws will prohibit the actual sale of alcohol, but I just think it was so irresponsible to even say “6am” because it really does translate to “lockdown parties can start Saturday morning!!” 😏
I also saw some say Boris was asked why they chose a Saturday and not a Monday to ease people in. He had no answer . It's a very good point a Monday would have probably reduced the numbers rushing to the pub today. It all feels so embarrassing. People can buy alcohol from the shops it's not like they have been forced into a dry 3 months.

They could have opened some community services instead (maybe they have I'm not sure the English rules.) Libraries etc

It feel a bit sad that people are most excited about hairdressers and pubs 😕

Reactions: 12
It feel a bit sad that people are most excited about hairdressers and pubs 😕
I'm thinking people are excited because going down the boozer and getting a haircut are signs of normality in the same way the excitement when MacDonalds opened up again.

Reactions: 7
Yesterday we went for a walk. There was another family. His dad said about going to the pub today, the child said "how come pubs are open but I cant go to school" says it all 😑

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Apparently they made that announcement as the other changes came in to place at midnight but they didn't want pubs holding late night parties. Pubs still have to adhere to their licences so can open when there licence allows after 6am. I don't know why they chose 6am though and not 10 or 11 I thought 10am was the earliest you could sell alcohol ? But I have no idea

So did they outright say they expected us to go into lockdown again ?
Local lockdowns ,Valance said it will rise now things are relaxed ...There's talk here of giving all over 60's the flu jab ,they want at least 95% uptake as it could be catastrophic going into the flu season they're looking for a large warehouse type building to do a mass vaccination programme...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.