Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Titntat

VIP Member
Just seen about Scotland making face masks compulsory in shops. I think face masks should have been made compulsory a while ago. Hopefully England will follow.

Reactions: 19

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
I volunteer to speak to 4 elderly ladies on a weekly basis. One llady I called, something did not appear right. I reported to my concact, and they investigated and it turned out she was a victim of domestic abuse. Police were called, and she was removed from the home. Another lady I called, I managed to save her from a financial scam!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
I have been saying to my husband, I don't want to go on a big holiday until things are completely back to normal, husband last night decided to tell me he just sees a world where mask wearing becomes the norm, we will just get used to it, and there is a possibility it's this way for the rest of our lives.

His argument was if we never get a vaccine and it stays in circulation then they won't be able to repeal things like masks everywhere without public outcey.

Cue total meltdown from me because I just refuse to think it will be this way for the rest of my life. I see some small things staying but wearing a mask in any public space? (Like any time you go to a museum or theme park for the rest of your life!) Never going to a wedding reception or night club? No thank you. I genuinely believe even if we don't get a vaccine, things will at some point have to go back to real life because this is just point blank fucking depressing.

Anyway, his little comments made me a sobbing mess at 12am, so just to say even though I am normally the most rational and fact driven person, I have meltdowns too guys! (Maybe I'm the one who needs the slap today?๐Ÿ˜‚)
Erm JLXey, please donโ€™t do this to me. I have a solution, divorce him. Move in with me. Itโ€™s safe here. I need you strong ๐Ÿ’ช

• Haha

grumpycat

VIP Member
I sympathise with everyone getting frustrated at everyone else. Iโ€™ve seen house parties on insta, people going out for meals with friends (like 6+ individuals) and everything.

It is so irritating and I actually think most of it is super young teens to twenties who are so bored of it now. they just donโ€™t get the repercussions. I just know Iโ€™m doing my bit by abiding by the rules as much as I can, and it pisses me off no end that my 2.5y/o son will ask if he can actually go into either a shop, or a house to see Family and crosses his hands to have them anti bacโ€™ed!

hang in there guys, as long as weโ€™re doing the best for our own families itโ€™s all we can.

(Also really glad to hear eating out isnโ€™t as awful as it could have been!)

openbook1

VIP Member
Feeling very sick and sad. Nick Cordero died after 95 days in the ICU with covid. He was 41, had a wife and a 1 yr old son. Broadway actor with no underlaying conditions. He had strokes, holes in his lungs, heart stopped, leg amputated. THrough absolute hell.

If you are going out in public, wear a fucking mask.
And social distance.

• Sad

SarahGard83

VIP Member
My son was referred to dermatology as having some issues with his toes. Recieved a letter this morning saying that unfortunately they're unable to see him due to covid. So we can go to the pub and get pissed but my 13 year old son can't get treatment for a condition that's causing him pain.

• Sad

Northeast1988

VIP Member
Had my antibody test today lol
Text message said your test has not detected antibodies

Followed by
Not everyone with covid develops antibodies to be detected ๐Ÿ˜‚

Useless

• Haha

JLXRD

VIP Member
I have been saying to my husband, I don't want to go on a big holiday until things are completely back to normal, husband last night decided to tell me he just sees a world where mask wearing becomes the norm, we will just get used to it, and there is a possibility it's this way for the rest of our lives.

His argument was if we never get a vaccine and it stays in circulation then they won't be able to repeal things like masks everywhere without public outcey.

Cue total meltdown from me because I just refuse to think it will be this way for the rest of my life. I see some small things staying but wearing a mask in any public space? (Like any time you go to a museum or theme park for the rest of your life!) Never going to a wedding reception or night club? No thank you. I genuinely believe even if we don't get a vaccine, things will at some point have to go back to real life because this is just point blank fucking depressing.

Anyway, his little comments made me a sobbing mess at 12am, so just to say even though I am normally the most rational and fact driven person, I have meltdowns too guys! (Maybe I'm the one who needs the slap today?๐Ÿ˜‚)

• Heart
  • Sad

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Booking confirmed for my favourite restaurant for saturday :D disposable menus, got to turn up exactly on time as no waiting at the bar area, 1 hr 45 slot with a 15 min turn around for them then to deep clean the area, contact details to be given on arrival for test and trace. I'm so excited to eat allllllll the food

Reactions: 17

Alightened

VIP Member
I'm quite surprised that the non essential shops that have opened haven't bypassed summer items altogether and gone full on into Christmas mode. I'm surprised that we've not got Christmas music blasting out in all the reopened stores๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ…. That reminds me, where did I put the Christmas tree lights๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”๐Ÿค”. It is nearly July ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha

Chablis1

VIP Member
Feeling very sick and sad. Nick Cordero died after 95 days in the ICU with covid. He was 41, had a wife and a 1 yr old son. Broadway actor with no underlaying conditions. He had strokes, holes in his lungs, heart stopped, leg amputated. THrough absolute hell.

If you are going out in public, wear a fucking mask.
And social distance.

Seconded. Itโ€™s so sad.

I was in my local Tesco Express yesterday morning and this poor lady collapsed into tears at the till. Her husband had died a few days ago after being on a ventilator for five weeks. Like you say - wear a fucking mask.

• Sad

JLXRD

VIP Member
I do feel for people who own/work in places that deliver up close beauty treatments though, I can't imagine having no roadmap or mention of when my livelihood may return, so I understand them expressing frustration at other things opening when there's no end in sight for them.

Reactions: 16

JLXRD

VIP Member
Erm JLXey, please donโ€™t do this to me. I have a solution, divorce him. Move in with me. Itโ€™s safe here. I need you strong ๐Ÿ’ช
Hahaha, thanks flogoff! I will let him know I've got options if he feels like sharing any dystopian pessimistic life views with me again ๐Ÿ˜‚

Don't worry guys, this morning I am all about the facts again! And they are actually looking good, Bojo even says he doesn't want social distancing til the end of the year even so I'll probs assume he doesn't want me wearing a mask for all eternity (unlike Mr JLXRD who has never actually even worn a mask!)

So how many of you have been at the pub since 6am? ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
When this is all over, Iโ€™d like first dibs on @JLXRD becoming my councillor/therapist/PA. When Iโ€™m having a meltdown or acting irrationally (which isnโ€™t unusual), I think I need you to give me a slap and tell me the facts ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

• Haha
  • Heart

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
Leicester going back into lockdown needs to be one hell of a wake up call and warning before things get out of control again. Opening the pubs is the worst possible idea right now.

nbt

VIP Member
Might be an unpopular opinion but I just donโ€™t get the rush and excitement of getting back out to the pub ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ Iโ€™m not a massive pub goer, not at all really which probably explains it ๐Ÿ˜‚

I totally get the kids off to the grandparents. Iโ€™d love a day/night off from constant talking to be honest ๐Ÿ˜‚ I think weโ€™d just sit in silence not speaking haha. Just making the most of the quiet!

• Heart

Titntat

VIP Member
Weve got a street whatsapp group but its only for the good people. Last night when the kids went for a sleep over we got asked why our curtains were shut at 5.30. My partner msg back saying he will leave them open next time ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
This is incredibly sad, I know not many will have followed the ROI briefings but he ran the daily briefings for Ireland every day over the last few months.
Itโ€™s awful to think his wife was so unwell during this all,
and he ended up in hospital himself ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ
his kids are only teenagers I think.

• Sad