Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

openbook1

VIP Member
Wearing a mask is worse for your health. You are breathing in your own toxins and not getting property air. Also just over 500k have died so far with this virus... 650k died last year with the flu 🙄 numbers are crazy and half of them are made up. They are putting covid on death certs when people are dying of cancer etc.. when will people wake up? It's not a pandemic. America is screwed but the rest of the world not so bad. It's like a bad flu hitting old and vulnerable people. Waiting for the planned 2nd wave to hit in September October
Nah you are nuts. Sorry. Wearing a mask is fine. Surgeons, dentists, etc do it for hours every day. Stop with the daft conspiracy.

Reactions: 16

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Well my kids both had a very short meeting with their form tutors today and had a look around the school. Both enjoyed it but both said it's very strange as hand sanitiser stations dotted around, arrows on the floor pointing to a one way system, dots to stand on when queing and bubbles at lunchtime. They both seem happy to go back in September though and said they're glad they saw it today rather than on their first day back. Think they were just glad to be out of the house to be honest although I did make them both strip off and shower before coming anywhere near me

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
Figures!

Monday 6th July: 16 deaths, 352 positive.

Last week:
Mon 29th June: 25 deaths, 815 positive.

• Heart
  • Wow

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I recon we could see cases, deaths and admissions triple overnight and at this point and people would say “it doesn’t effect me”

I don’t want to upset anyone saying that, but people are over it, nobody would go backwards, look at America.
its insanity.
If people won’t even wear a mask because it infringes on their rights, the world is screwed

EDIT. hold up, the pubs are opening from 6am in England!?
what the ACTUAL FUCKINGTON.
but seriously is this all a piss take at this point 😂
y’all cant be serious over there?! 😂🤣 I thought trump was bad!!!!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

JLXRD

VIP Member
Figures!

Sunday 5th July: 22 deaths, 516 positive.

Last week:
Sun 28th June: 36 deaths, 901 positive.

• Heart
  • Wow

SarahGard83

VIP Member
anyone else becoming desensitised to everything at this point.
I care, but I also, don’t care anymore.

plague, meh...
second wave, meh...

I hope all of the Un-shielded had a good release day and got to do something fun 😌 and I hope it wasn’t overwhelming!!!
I stayed at home. Can't find 6 people that I like 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
I'm quite surprised that the non essential shops that have opened haven't bypassed summer items altogether and gone full on into Christmas mode. I'm surprised that we've not got Christmas music blasting out in all the reopened stores🎄🎁🎅🎅🎅. That reminds me, where did I put the Christmas tree lights🤔🤔🤔. It is nearly July 😂😂😂
Im buying everyone a 2 metre ruler for Christmas 'get fucking back' 😊

• Haha

PlainJane10

I feel strongly that children need to be back at school, even though I know it will inevitably cause the virus to spread. I think the 'adults' need to be as careful, safe, sensible, and generally responsible as they possibly can to counter-balance this necessity. I don't mean 'don't go out' but try to avoid crowds, wash hands, wear masks on public transport, etc, etc. At the end of the day, we are just trying to keep this to a level that the NHS can reasonably cope, because until there's a vaccine its not going to disappear.

I have a 12 and a 13 year old. I have decided this week that I have to treat them as young adults, not children, and trust them to get on with their school work or choose not to and understand that will have (long-term) consequences of falling behind their piers. I have to let them decide when bedtime is, because there's really nothing for them to get up early for. I have to let them decide how many hours of X-Box, Tik Tok, YouTube or binge watching Netflix is too much. Under normal circumstances, I would not expect them to take on this level of responsibility, but with two parents working full-time (me from home, my husband not), and them at home all the time, I cannot be their teacher or their minder. I would make a terrible teacher, and I always knew that which is why I didn't ever contemplate it as a career! I figured I could be a good parent in other ways, without being a 'teacher' to them, and that was fine because they'd be at school to be educated. Their school has been brilliant, so far as it can be under the circumstances, but they are bored, unmotivated, lazy, sleeping terribly and possibly depressed. I keep trying to 'fix' all of this, but I can't. I can be a super-strict parent, but then we are all miserable. I can try to force them out of the house to do 'fun' activities, but they don't want to do it with me, they want to be with their friends - not just for an hour or two here and there, in the garden/outside, but ALL the time. At school, after school, over the weekend, playing contact sports, shopping, for sleepovers. Like it used to be. Like it should be. Let them be kids before they're all grown up.

• Sad

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I take it that non of us are off to get shitfaced at 6am then? 😂😂
i started a 5pm with Boris....😐

i... eh... would like....to...thank...everyone for....eh.... complying with....eh... the lockdown....eh....up until this point....eh..

and may I remind everyone....eh.

its buy one get one free on blue WKD from 6am until 10pm!!!! 😈😈😈

• Haha
Reactions: 14

cushtybert

VIP Member
This morning's musings

What were the things that we did discussed on the early threads that we would laugh at ourselves/be shocked now ?

And I wonder which of our theories now are not going to age well in another few months 🤔🤪
My favourite was how someone’s cousins aunt etc knew the military were going to be on the street the next day, coming from a very military background I knew this was bollocks, some people were convinced though 😬

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
Thread #41
Continue here 🙂
wash your hands,
use your sun screen,
bring a rain coat,
go enjoy the summer, but don’t go far, well you’re free to go far... but not that far,
beaches are open,
but you might end up on sky news, don’t visit them, but also visit them! 🙂
Meet friends, but don’t meet friends.
Go shopping, let’s boost the economy! but stay home as much as possible (remember when it was illegal to buy just a non essential Easter egg 🤣 the good old days)
Control the virus, be vigilant, look for that little virus everywhere ,
but you won’t find it because its all under control 😌
but also we still have an “unknown enemy” so control the.........

continue here. 😐
Oh god the Easter egg argument was classic 😊

• Haha

Shestheman22

Wigan is a town on the list.

here is a statement from Wigan council.

“PLEASE SHARE: Wigan is not currently at risk of going into a further local lockdown.

Professor Kate Ardern, director of Public Health, said: “Following the government’s decision to introduce a local lockdown in Leicester, we have been made aware that the media is sharing a list of places that could be next, including Wigan.

“The figures being quoted are weekly case increases, without any wider context. So for example, in the last week we only recorded two new cases, compared to zero cases the week before. Our 7-day infection rate is 3.7 per 100,000 people compared to Leicester’s rate of 135 per 100,000. We also currently have the sixth lowest rate of cases in Greater Manchester and cases in Wigan have only accounted for 0.3% of all national cases this week.

“The way this information has been pulled together is misleading, unhelpful and irresponsible. I’d like to reassure our residents that we monitor all cases through our daily Covid-19 tracker which we’ll be sharing publicly on our website shortly so all residents can see clear, accurate, up to date information which should help put their minds at ease, but to be clear judging by our latest figures, I don’t think we can expect a local lockdown any time soon.”
Our town is on the list and the council have put out a similar post! Sick to death of the scaremongering now. I mean the other day the daily mail ran an article saying how the virus grows tentacles and latches onto your cells or something (I didn’t read past the headline 😴), with scary looking pictures to illustrate it! Show people any close ups of what goes on in their body every day and it won’t look pretty.

The figures are so low, sorry but I refuse to live my life in fear. I’m no expert but the economic effects of lockdown etc will cause more deaths and exacerbate more illnesses (particularly mental illness) than corona surely. Imagine the suicides from people that have lost their jobs and got into debt etc. The domestic violence murders (there’s been quite a few in my area lately), thefts and burglaries (again loads in my area). No one knows what to believe any more so you can’t blame them for carrying on as normal.

Also notice how the emphasis in the media is now on number of infections rather than deaths. Because the relatively low number of deaths now doesn’t fit the narrative any more.
P.s. I promise I’m not a tin foil hat nutcase 😂

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Sorry if this has already been covered but what’s the script with weddings??

all nations have their own rules but I’ve just read the list of rules for English weddings... honestly it sounds like a dystopian nightmare. No singing allowed, brides and grooms in masks.

It made me wonder if the uptake will still be high. I can fully get folk really wanting to get married now (as in just them, get married, no fuss/reception etc ) I’d be interested to know if any Tattlers are planning on having a covid wedding ceremony and reception this year?
My bestie is thinking of getting married during lockdown (using those number limits to her advantage). They don’t have to wear a mask. She can have 6 people, and can’t walk down the isle or say any words of their own except the standard ones. The registrar is behind a screen.

She’s loving it. Nothing big and perfect excuse because people keep sticking their nose in. She’s thinking of having people back to the garden with a big party on their one year next year.

JLXRD

VIP Member
After sleeping on it, I feel less negative about this whole Leicester thing than last night.

The government are at least taking action to stop this from getting bigger which is what needs to happen, hopefully things like this will help in keeping overall numbers low. It's good that it's not just being left to spread until we all end up back in full lockdown.

Also, Hancock has said it's for 2 weeks now and if things improve before 2 weeks it will be lifted sooner, so that's good too.

cushtybert

VIP Member
Just heard all supermarkets are stopping there queues from tomorrow so it’s just a free for all now

• Wow
  • Sad

Holly Golightly

I'm getting angry at how often "the new normal" is being said when it comes to Covid-19. Nothing about these times should ever, ever be thought of as normal or here to stay. It's distressing me more than the damn virus the amount of times every day I'm seeing and hearing this awful expression.

• Sad