Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hahaha, thanks flogoff! I will let him know I've got options if he feels like sharing any dystopian pessimistic life views with me again 😂

Don't worry guys, this morning I am all about the facts again! And they are actually looking good, Bojo even says he doesn't want social distancing til the end of the year even so I'll probs assume he doesn't want me wearing a mask for all eternity (unlike Mr JLXRF who has never actually even worn a mask!)

So how many of you have been at the pub since 6am? 😉😂
Now that’s more like it. 😘

Reactions: 1
I’m breaking shielding to get my hair cut and coloured tomorrow. If anything happens to me, it’ll be my own fault to be honest. My salon look to be adopting all of the social distancing measures, so I think I will be safe. I have broken shielding twice before, once to go to the supermarket and another time to go to a hospital appointment, so I have been out before.

Call me paranoid, but on a different note I am worried about the people who may drink drive later today.

Reactions: 8
I have been saying to my husband, I don't want to go on a big holiday until things are completely back to normal, husband last night decided to tell me he just sees a world where mask wearing becomes the norm, we will just get used to it, and there is a possibility it's this way for the rest of our lives.

His argument was if we never get a vaccine and it stays in circulation then they won't be able to repeal things like masks everywhere without public outcey.

Cue total meltdown from me because I just refuse to think it will be this way for the rest of my life. I see some small things staying but wearing a mask in any public space? (Like any time you go to a museum or theme park for the rest of your life!) Never going to a wedding reception or night club? No thank you. I genuinely believe even if we don't get a vaccine, things will at some point have to go back to real life because this is just point blank bleeping depressing.

Anyway, his little comments made me a sobbing mess at 12am, so just to say even though I am normally the most rational and fact driven person, I have meltdowns too guys! (Maybe I'm the one who needs the slap today?😂)
Completely agree with you. Mask wearing will be around for a while then it’ll fade out. You’ll probably see people wearing them for a few years, just like you often see Chinese/Asian tourists wearing them - but this will be their choice. It’ll get to a stage where the virus is still around but not prevalent or as deadly as predicted - you didn’t see anyone wearing masks for swine flu did you?

I don’t think this virus is bad enough to warrant the life of everyone on the planet being changed beyond recognition forever. I’m saying this as someone who works in the NHS and has known many people to die or be seriously ill (both patients and colleagues). If it had a high fatality rate or was indiscriminately affecting all age groups I’d understand more, but with of course some exceptions the majority of people dying from this are elderly and already very ill. It will take a while but over the years it will become a seasonal illness which mainly sees outbreaks in elderly wards and care homes with a few isolated cases in healthy people who were just very unlucky.
The general public and government are going to be very twitchy for perhaps the next 12 months, but this won’t be forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
We will know the Government’s plan next week for theatres and entertainment...then we will know the road map of “back to normal” 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyway, his little comments made me a sobbing mess at 12am, so just to say even though I am normally the most rational and fact driven person, I have meltdowns too guys! (Maybe I'm the one who needs the slap today?😂)
I don't think that way of life will be the norm. Apart from maybe on public transport? But I think we will just have to learn to live with things and I hope Winter isn't as bad as they worry about.

Reactions: 2
I’m breaking shielding to get my hair cut and coloured tomorrow. If anything happens to me, it’ll be my own fault to be honest. My salon look to be adopting all of the social distancing measures, so I think I will be safe. I have broken shielding twice before, once to go to the supermarket and another time to go to a hospital appointment, so I have been out before.

Call me paranoid, but on a different note I am worried about the people who may drink drive later today.
I think drink driving, violence etc today is more of an issue that COVID...

• Sad
Reactions: 6
We will know the Government’s plan next week for theatres and entertainment...then we will know the road map of “back to normal” 👍
Working in events, this was music to my ears last night! We just need a plan and we can't plan right now!

• Heart
I have been saying to my husband, I don't want to go on a big holiday until things are completely back to normal, husband last night decided to tell me he just sees a world where mask wearing becomes the norm, we will just get used to it, and there is a possibility it's this way for the rest of our lives.

His argument was if we never get a vaccine and it stays in circulation then they won't be able to repeal things like masks everywhere without public outcey.

Cue total meltdown from me because I just refuse to think it will be this way for the rest of my life. I see some small things staying but wearing a mask in any public space? (Like any time you go to a museum or theme park for the rest of your life!) Never going to a wedding reception or night club? No thank you. I genuinely believe even if we don't get a vaccine, things will at some point have to go back to real life because this is just point blank bleeping depressing.

Ahh bless dont feel bad this situation corona coaster is extreme i go have had so many emotions and tantrums the last few months .
Trying stay postive / strong for the kids saying if course they going to find a vaccine and things will return to normal.
I hate the new expression new normal i refuse to accept this is typical life forever..
Chris witty says a long time.
In my head thats maybe 1 year worst case 2.

Its ok to have the odd meltdown
Chin up . Keeping my anxiety in check seems harder than ever these days.

My husband just doesnt think the same way hes bit nonchalant which then irritates me as sometimes i want to talk to an adult when my worries overwhelm me and the fact we dont worry about same things bugs.

My son returned to school yesterday.
I felt so anxious and sick dropping him off.
He was fine and had great day.
Hes just doing few days this term but i still worry for septe
The financial implications of 14day quarantines as my children 3 different settings with wildly different sized bubbles, senior travel on packed bus and potentaily localised lockdown in winter when furlough is ended makes me wonder how many will cope.

They have revised numbers locally upwards and local r rate seems higher again.

This might be useful link parents re guidance on quarantine re educational settings and bubbles

Attachments

• Heart
Completely agree with you. Mask wearing will be around for a while then it’ll fade out. You’ll probably see people wearing them for a few years, just like you often see Chinese/Asian tourists wearing them - but this will be their choice. It’ll get to a stage where the virus is still around but not prevalent or as deadly as predicted - you didn’t see anyone wearing masks for swine flu did you?

I don’t think this virus is bad enough to warrant the life of everyone on the planet being changed beyond recognition forever. I’m saying this as someone who works in the NHS and has known many people to die or be seriously ill (both patients and colleagues). If it had a high fatality rate or was indiscriminately affecting all age groups I’d understand more, but with of course some exceptions the majority of people dying from this are elderly and already very ill. It will take a while but over the years it will become a seasonal illness which mainly sees outbreaks in elderly wards and care homes with a few isolated cases in healthy people who were just very unlucky.
The general public and government are going to be very twitchy for perhaps the next 12 months, but this won’t be forever.
I don't think that way of life will be the norm. Apart from maybe on public transport? But I think we will just have to learn to live with things and I hope Winter isn't as bad as they worry about.
Ahh bless dont feel bad this situation corona coaster is extreme i go have had so many emotions and tantrums the last few months .
Trying stay postive / strong for the kids saying if course they going to find a vaccine and things will return to normal.
I hate the new expression new normal i refuse to accept this is typical life forever..
Chris witty says a long time.
In my head thats maybe 1 year worst case 2.

Its ok to have the odd meltdown
Chin up . Keeping my anxiety in check seems harder than ever these days.

My husband just doesnt think the same way hes bit nonchalant which then irritates me as sometimes i want to talk to an adult when my worries overwhelm me and the fact we dont worry about same things bugs.

My son returned to school yesterday.
I felt so anxious and sick dropping him off.
He was fine and had great day.
Hes just doing few days this term but i still worry for septe
The financial implications of 14day quarantines as my children 3 different settings with wildly different sized bubbles, senior travel on packed bus and potentaily localised lockdown in winter when furlough is ended makes me wonder how many will cope.

They have revised numbers locally upwards and local r rate seems higher again.

This might be useful link parents re guidance on quarantine re educational settings and bubbles
Thanks guys, this was the Tattle slap I needed 👍💕

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Working in events, this was music to my ears last night! We just need a plan and we can't plan right now!
Same here, I work in the development of new venues 😬

I did hear yesterday basically any applications that went into government my region to accelerate development to help the economy have been approved, I presume this is the same across the country 👍

I’m really hoping there’s is events/arts fund to be announced to prop up venues

@fireflies thank you that flowchart is really helpful!

Reactions: 2

this made me feel so much better this morning! Thanks for this

about time. I’m suppose to go see Elton John and genises in December and I’m not sure if it will go trough at all. However I might be out of a job in the next three weeks so I’m not sure how I will pay for the train and hotel 🤣🤣 gotta laugh right?

This morning's musings

What were the things that we did discussed on the early threads that we would laugh at ourselves/be shocked now ?

And I wonder which of our theories now are not going to age well in another few months 🤔🤪

I'm so excited I just had to share with you all.
I've mentioned a few times my Dad is in hospital with it, first admitted 7th April and in HDU recovering.

Today is his 70th birthday and they've said we can go and see him (first time for me), in masks etc. Can't describe how emotional today is 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I'm so excited I just had to share with you all.
I've mentioned a few times my Dad is in hospital with it, first admitted 7th April and in HDU recovering.

Today is his 70th birthday and they've said we can go and see him (first time for me), in masks etc. Can't describe how emotional today is 💕
So happy for you 💗💗💗 have a lovely time with him xx

• Heart
but....... why even entertain it as an idea. You don’t think it will encourage people to start drinking early anyway 😂 it’s like a bleeping holiday.
Apparently they made that announcement as the other changes came in to place at midnight but they didn't want pubs holding late night parties. Pubs still have to adhere to their licences so can open when there licence allows after 6am. I don't know why they chose 6am though and not 10 or 11 I thought 10am was the earliest you could sell alcohol ? But I have no idea

I'd rather savour the dumplings too :ROFLMAO: It was the infection rate I was referring to they've basically said it going to rise they're just taking this window of opportunity to give people a bit of" normal" before things change..
So did they outright say they expected us to go into lockdown again ?

Last edited:
My children are going to school on Monday. It's only for an hour each for a face to face appointment with their tutor to go over any concerns or fears they might have about returning in September. They get a little tour around the school to see the measures put in place so that they should hopefully feel comfortable about going back. I'm a nervous wreck as this will be the first time they've left my sight in almost 16 weeks but I know they need this.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Apparently they made that announcement as the other changes came in to place at midnight but they didn't want pubs holding late night parties. Pubs still have to adhere to their licences so can open when there licence allows after 6am. I don't know why they chose 6am though and not 10 or 11 I thought 10am was the earliest you could sell alcohol ? But I have no idea
Totally get you,
and I know laws will prohibit the actual sale of alcohol, but I just think it was so irresponsible to even say “6am” because it really does translate to “lockdown parties can start Saturday morning!!” 😏

This morning's musings

What were the things that we did discussed on the early threads that we would laugh at ourselves/be shocked now ?

And I wonder which of our theories now are not going to age well in another few months 🤔🤪
My favourite was how someone’s cousins aunt etc knew the military were going to be on the street the next day, coming from a very military background I knew this was bollocks, some people were convinced though 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My favourite was how someone’s cousins aunt etc knew the military were going to be on the street the next day, coming from a very military background I knew this was bollocks, some people were convinced though 😬
I was thinking about this just yesterday. My SIL was messaging on repeat “army are being deployed. Army are being deployed”

• Haha
This morning's musings

Toilet Rolls seem to stick in my mind🙄🙄🙄🙄🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽🚽

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.