Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow I'm very surprised about Leicester lockdown. Considering I'm on Twitter and all other forms of socials, I didn't hear about this rise in cases until yesterday! How did they manage to sweep 800+ new cases under the rug!?

On the topic of idiotic people out, I've noticed on my daily commutes that teenagers are out in full force now with friends, no social distancing in place. I was just getting off the M6 today and saw a group of 14 year olds congregated on the corner of the street sitting on somebody's wall with two of the friends fully making out - they had a BLANKET over their heads (?!) but could clearly tell what was happening. Their friends were just carrying on as normal sitting/standing around them. The amount of people walking past that were gawping at them had me in stitches!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Whenever I go for a meal, I've always looked at the menu online and decided what I want
So do I. Then I still look at the menu when I'm thier, even though iv all ready planned what I'm having 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I live in Leicestershire about 20 mins from the city I think luckily it doesn’t include my town. Im hoping not as my kids only went back to nursery today. I get why they are doing it but surely people will just drive a little further out of these areas to go to hairdressers or somewhere else. It’s all confusing.
Yes! Short of putting boundaries in how can this be imposed?

Yes! Short of putting boundaries in how can this be imposed?
They need to have faith that people will follow what's in place I guess. With everything closing back down or not being allowed to open, staying at home should be easier?

Reactions: 3
The mayor of Leicester was on the news he said the gov didn't provide them with any data ,they just relied on the test n trace . How are local council's going to keep on top of outbreaks if they're not privy to any data ? and they said there's lots of towns higher than the national average that are waiting with baited breath to see how Leicester will cope :oops: if they know this why are they opening these towns up 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
The mayor of Leicester was on the news he said the gov didn't provide them with any data ,they just relied on the test n trace . How are local council's going to keep on top of outbreaks if they're not privy to any data ? and they said there's lots of towns higher than the national average that are waiting with baited breath to see how Leicester will cope :oops: if they know this why are they opening these towns up 🤷‍♀️
I think they are pissing in the wind and making an example of Leicester with the limited data they have.

Reactions: 10
Booking confirmed for my favourite restaurant for saturday :D disposable menus, got to turn up exactly on time as no waiting at the bar area, 1 hr 45 slot with a 15 min turn around for them then to deep clean the area, contact details to be given on arrival for test and trace. I'm so excited to eat allllllll the food
We've got a table booked too, it seems so exciting to actually have something booked.

It's my Dad's 70th on Saturday but unfortunately he's been in hospital since April so can't join us 😢 We felt we couldn't not mark the occasion so going for early dinner to celebrate him still being here 😊

We've been told once we're seated we can't move except for the toilet and everything is contactless. They've had all our details in advance for track and trace. Be interesting to see how it is

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.