Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #41

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We clapped from an upstairs window and someone shouted up “who are you clapping for?” Only 3 houses did it so don’t think many people knew!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I love that your street has a whatsapp group. :giggle:
I live on a small estate, 50 odd properties inc flats and we have a WhatsApp group. I’ve muted it, same with the school mums group. Roll in July 17th when I get leave that hell 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I live on a small estate, 50 odd properties inc flats and we have a WhatsApp group. I’ve muted it, same with the school mums group. Roll in July 17th when I get leave that hell 😂
Yeah I cant think of anything worse then being in my streets whatsapp group :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Leaving the school messager group was the best bit about leaving primary school

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Weve got a street whatsapp group but its only for the good people. Last night when the kids went for a sleep over we got asked why our curtains were shut at 5.30. My partner msg back saying he will leave them open next time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Just saw people have been put in a hard lockdown in Melbourne ( 9 towerblocks ) they're not allowed to leave their homes and police are stationed outside good to see some countries take it seriously..

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Hi, posted on different threads but my first time here.

Seriously getting pissed off with the amount of people breaking rules still. I'm in Wales so very different to England. We are still not allowed in peoples houses, still have to keep to 2m distancing. Pubs, restaurants and hairdressers are still closed.

Yet my FB feed is full of people cuddling their friends children, cuddling grandchildren and grandparents, thanking their parents for having their kids for them to have a night to themselves! Is it just me?!? The worst ones for this are the nurses!!!

Reactions: 6
Hi, posted on different threads but my first time here.

Seriously getting pissed off with the amount of people breaking rules still. I'm in Wales so very different to England. We are still not allowed in peoples houses, still have to keep to 2m distancing. Pubs, restaurants and hairdressers are still closed.

Yet my FB feed is full of people cuddling their friends children, cuddling grandchildren and grandparents, thanking their parents for having their kids for them to have a night to themselves! Is it just me?!? The worst ones for this are the nurses!!!
Leave us nurses out of it 😂

Some case the grandparents may have merged as a support bubble so you can hug and cuddle
And also two households are now able to stay overnight now if you can try to maintain social distancing

Reactions: 2
Leave us nurses out of it 😂

Some case the grandparents may have merged as a support bubble so you can hug and cuddle
And also two households are now able to stay overnight now if you can try to maintain social distancing
That's still not the rule in Wales until tomorrow unfortunately. But this has been the case for weeks.

Thank you for the job you do! Not all nurses of course, just all nurses on my Facebook 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I am so sad at the very real prospect now of theatres closing and the arts being permanently affected. Theatre was a HUGE part of my life as a teenager then I just kind of fell out of it, felt it was all too expensive and stopped going into London as much when I moved to the south coast. Then about a year ago I got into a group of girlfriends who like me had decided that we actually hated nights out down the pub but much preferred shows and gigs so spent our money on that. I had a fair amount lined up, shows in local theatres which may not survive and I am gutted.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I am so sad at the very real prospect now of theatres closing and the arts being permanently affected. Theatre was a HUGE part of my life as a teenager then I just kind of fell out of it, felt it was all too expensive and stopped going into London as much when I moved to the south coast. Then about a year ago I got into a group of girlfriends who like me had decided that we actually hated nights out down the pub but much preferred shows and gigs so spent our money on that. I had a fair amount lined up, shows in local theatres which may not survive and I am gutted.
This makes me so sad. I'm always at the theatre. Has there been any mention from the government about theatres? Not sure if I've missed something

If you want to cry today just look on FB or Twitter for videos of kids hugging their grandparents in Scotland. It really is so sweet 😭
How come they're allowed to hug? Are they allowing some houses to 'bubble'?

But if you're bubbling, then you can hug, right? Going to see my mum with my kids for first time since lockdown, and staying for 3 nights as she's a 4 hr drive away. We've been fairly locked down and being very careful (live rural) and so is she. We are not allowed to hug BUT if we bubble then we can. Am I understanding it correctly? I mean, I think its about using your commonsense really so we're being extra careful/almost isolating this week to be the least risk to her, but after 3 months on her own, I really think she needs a hug!
You can only bubble with another house if you live alone or are a single parent with kids...

Reactions: 1
How come they're allowed to hug? Are they allowing some houses to 'bubble'?

You can only bubble with another house if you live alone or are a single parent with kids...
New rule since Friday children under 12 no longer need to social distance (must still be outdoors)

"In addition to this we are also introducing two new measures to come into effect on 3 July for children and young people that should allow significant improvements to their quality of life, particularly during the school holidays.

• For under 12s (0-11): The existing rules for contact with other households continue, but children under 12 are not required to maintain physical distancing with other children or adults outdoors. The number of overall household contacts in one day remains in line with existing guidance and adults will need to maintain physical distancing.
  • For 12 and over (12-17): Older children and young people in this age group can continue to meet in groups outdoors as in existing rules (maximum of 3 households in the group, no more than 8 people in total). However, there is no limit to the number of these groups that the young person can meet in a day providing that each contact aligns with the guidance. We want these young people to be able to meet those of their choosing safely. They should continue to physically distance."
So all the Scottish Gran and Grandpa's have been squeezing all their grandkids this weekend !
Screenshot_20200702-220839~2.png

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They will survive... We need them. Historically theatres have been there since the Greek times. Brecht used 'political theatre' to speak out against the politicians of the second world war... It might be best year, but it'll happen and come back stronger.... It is odd though - why can cinemas open but not theatre?

Presumably because the actors can't distance and nor can the musicians 😳

New rule since Friday children under 12 no longer need to social distance (must still be outdoors)

"In addition to this we are also introducing two new measures to come into effect on 3 July for children and young people that should allow significant improvements to their quality of life, particularly during the school holidays.

• For under 12s (0-11): The existing rules for contact with other households continue, but children under 12 are not required to maintain physical distancing with other children or adults outdoors. The number of overall household contacts in one day remains in line with existing guidance and adults will need to maintain physical distancing.
  • For 12 and over (12-17): Older children and young people in this age group can continue to meet in groups outdoors as in existing rules (maximum of 3 households in the group, no more than 8 people in total). However, there is no limit to the number of these groups that the young person can meet in a day providing that each contact aligns with the guidance. We want these young people to be able to meet those of their choosing safely. They should continue to physically distance."
So all the Scottish Gran and Grandpa's have been squeezing all their grandkids this weekend !
View attachment 173086
Awwww wonderful. Yes I remember hearing if this. It's mad how this is allowed, and kids can play together - but in England they can't. When England has been the most lax in its rules thus far!

This has been doing the rounds on FB and on the comments some woman is giving off hell saying this is the reason she's now stuck inside.someone asked is she shielding and she said "no but to be perfectly honest I've been doing my own thing from the start of the SCAMdemic visiting shops and family":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
106778978_4590619974285329_1754946425577410092_n.jpg

Scientists are claiming the WHO are downplaying the fact the virus is airborne 😬

Last edited:
I posted a couple of weeks ago about worrying about visiting Dad, after him being put on palliative care...

He passed away in hospital on Friday. He was rushed in Wednesday night to Respiratory A&E and ended up in Acute Respiratory Care (next door to our Covid Ward which was fortunately empty). COPD took him, myself and Mum were with him, and I have nothing but praise for every single member of the NHS that we dealt with or looked after Dad, they were utterly marvellous.

The one thing I'm grateful for tho is that he wasn't a Covid statistic, and that we both got to be with him to the end.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.