Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
Ever since Carrie put on weight (not shaming AT ALL) she seems to have forgotten that she too was slim once.

I'm all for body positivity but she takes it too far.

Reactions: 16

Mark81

VIP Member
Carries attitude towards weight in general doesn't seen healthy and seems snap to judgement without thinking (as she does with most things tbh). But Cinderella the show itself seems like its going to be very judgy towards slim people. The step sisters are blonde and slim, and I just don't have time for people who try to prove a point by shaming and stereotyping others.

bumblebee1696

I can’t believe I’ve been working up to 100 hours a week so Queen of the Jungle can have a luxury holiday in Cornwall. 🙄

• Sick

queequeg19

Also there's a difference between giving up because it's too hard but you have the means to go on and giving up as you need a steady paycheck coming in. I'd love to act professionally but my parents are poor and I can't afford to live in London unless I get a 40hr week salary job. No Carrie, I didn't give up, I realised I was living in a dream world where what i wanted to do just wasn't realistic. Also I'm not super hot or the best character actor, I look average and perform well enough, I wouldn't get enough work to support myself at all.

• Heart

jorja

Yeah it’s fine to acknowledge that shows can’t run and make money if the theatres aren’t at full capacity. We get it. It is a business at the end of the day and like pubs and shops (or any business!) full and busy is the only way anyone makes any money HOWEVER ANDREW theatres are not the ONLY industry affected. We still have significant reasons to keep them at half capacity until we are CERTAIN that no one will be harmed sitting as we used to. NO ANDREW it’s not the same as allowing football fans in an OUTDOOR venue.
I’m sure most of us have visited west end theatre at some point.
You literally sit on the person next to you lap and breathe down the person in fronts neck. And the person behind does on yours.
most of the theatres were builtin Victorian times made for smaller and shorter people. The aisles and toilets are tight and minuscule.
Who will be in charge of the stampede for the women’s toilets at the interval and the usual huge queue? Has Andrew built an extension on the side of his theatres to keep the line at social distance? Has he stopped the sale of food and drink when people are allowed to remove their masks? NO. Already people are complaining that people are eating food and taking drinks into the auditorium as a way of getting round not wearing a mask during the shows and how is that going to be policed without major disruption by the ushers?
Short answer is - it won’t.
Who will clean every surface and seat and touch point in between shows? Your famous Self cleaning door handles are not the only thing people touch Andrew.
The only way I’d go back to those days of sitting cheek by jowl with people coughing is when we’ve done far more vaccinating, eradicated the virus or at the very least KNOW MUCH MORE about it.
Andrew with his childish announcements Piss me off.
Safety comes first. Err on the side of caution til we are CERTAIN
and before anyone says anything. My own business has been severely affected by this but I would rather keep my customers safe than recklessly open and go back to how it used to be. We have so much more to lose in the long run.
Can you imagine if a case was traced back to his theatre resulting in deaths?
no thanks
I think the poor ticket sales are testament to the fact people just don’t want to cram in
Maybe it would’ve been a better look of he’d sold at 50 percent and added more in when allowed

We all want to work and get back to normal but Carrie is encouraging this nonsense by reposting that video (which she finds hilarious because it features her and she thinks it’s siding with her and The Saviour of Theatre ALW and we find hilarious because it’s clearly taking the piss out of both of them.
I say arrest the lot of them. Why wait til the 21st. Perhaps it’ll save us from the crimes against lyrics in some of the songs.

Last edited:

salatblader

VIP Member
I just saw A Promising Young Woman which Emerald Fennell directed, and I can't believe someone who can make such a great movie can make/endorse something like Cinderella..? Unfathomable to me

bumblebee1696

She goes on and on about how people are rude at stage door. Hun, work in retail for a week and you’ll stfu.

• Haha

hn1998

I’m sorry but what have Tom and Gi done?? I just want to have an understanding as can’t find anything on social regarding it??
Claimed £30,000 under the government furlough scheme, which if you’re not from the UK is a scheme the government has been running since the start of the pandemic last year which subsidies your wages. You get a slightly lower amount than what your average income is. Apparently they claimed this right after Gi won Im a celebrity when celebrities are normally paid a lot to appear on that show and it is actually estimated that together they are worth around £8 million. The idea of the scheme was to help out employers whilst also making sure people who couldn’t work got paid, but with her books and podcast it seems unlikely she was not being paid at all!

• Sick

bumblebee1696

I just don’t think she understands what it’s like being a person with a regular job. Her friends are influencers who can advertise a few products and then put a deposit on a house. Her brother did well financially from being in a successful band. She doesn’t seem to understand that isn’t the way for ‘regular’ people. We save for years and years and years, working ourselves to absolute exhaustion to buy somewhere small. I feel like she doesn’t appreciate how easy she has had it. Anybody my age (26) who has bought property has either been given the money from family, has borrowed the money from family, or has saved with a partner (which still takes YEARS but is much easier). Everyone else my age either rents or still lives with their parents. And they all work much harder than most. Nothing wrong with being privileged but just acknowledge and appreciate it, ya know? But Carrie deserves it because she works hard, unlike the rest of us, right? 😂

Reactions: 15

bumblebee1696

I’m not even joking, I had a dream last night that Carrie was only exclusively posting pictures of doughnuts on Instagram and she had a doughnut for every meal and then changed her name to Doughnut Fletcher. 😳

• Haha

thisiscat

Chatty Member
The people who think the theatre industry have been targeted throughout the lockdowns obviously live in a bubble and have not paid any attention to the other industries affected! The beauty industry for example- when some of the theatres reopened at the end of last year, so did spas and salons, and then lockdown closed them again about a month later. Same for hospitality- hotels. At least with the hotels, they were allowed to provide accommodation to front line workers during the second and third lockdowns. I’m not sure if they were able to during the first one. If ALW thinks suing the government is a good idea he is an idiot. If the theatre openings get delayed, so will other industries because it’ll mean it’s not safe to do so. I’m booked to see Six in Leeds in July- it was moved from last year- I’ll be gutted if it gets pushed back again but I’ll get it. They are trying to keep people safe- it’s one thing to space out the audience, but people forget that the backstage area gets packed; crew, actors quick changes, waiting in the wings for cues etc. It’s the stuff you can’t see that people don’t think about. The reason cinemas can open is because it’s a screen. You only have to distance the audience. There is no backstage to think of. And usually only one person operates the film cans.
I hope Carrie thinks before sharing any opinions on ALWs threats.

Illogic_ally

Look who's front and centre!! 🙄
Oof that’s not a good look. I know that Carrie doesn’t necessary have to have the same opinions as ALW (whether she does or not is a different debate), but having your career so tied to someone that could be the dictionary definition for rich white boomer privilege is only going to end badly. If she were any other actress starring in any other show I doubt stories about him wouldn’t even mention her, but because he’s become the new Lloyd-Webber poster girl, of course she’s going to get roped in

• Heart

Theodore

VIP Member
I imagine the cast of Six are getting their fair share of gifts. The message on the doughnut box was obviously to make her present stand out from all of the “run of the mill” ones from the little people.

Next thread title “Carrie Hope you doughnut think we doughnut know what you’re up to!“

• Haha

kev1974

VIP Member
Continuation of this thread:

Thanks and congratulations to @thisiscat for the thread title, with 22 likes just in this post:
... and then some other likes in a couple of other posts that repeated it.

Very close runners up:
@bumblebee1696 with Doughnut @ me if it’s not praise (21 likes)

@YTZeleb23 with Carrie On Blocking, If The Slipper Fits (17 likes)

Latest Carrie news:
- Rehearsals for Shiterella have restarted, the marketing hasn't improved
- More freebie Guylian, Nespresso, and Doughnuts in her house than appearances from Oliver
- She's not a diva, honest
- Some bizarre goings on with kneepads?
-

Last edited:

ShinyEspeon

Chatty Member
I can’t get over how self absorbed you’d have to be to write a good luck message to your friends and make it about yourself! That’s truly astounding