Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
AwL saying the story is true to the original story….how? This Cinderella is mean and bitter and the prince charming is not the prince charming? Like we have read the synopsis, is definitely not true to the story. (From the video Carrie posted on her stories)

Reactions: 14

ShinyEspeon

Chatty Member
Based on her recent stories about Mary Poppins and doing the dance- do we think she’s angling to be Mary? She seems determined to do full circle career with shows she did as a child!
Nah she’s not good enough at all for Mary. She could maybe get the acting down but it’s pretty choreo heavy. She wouldn’t manage it. Mary Poppins is meant to be poise and grace, Carrie has all the grace of a baby elephant.

• Haha

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
I have say this in the past and I do feel awful for the cast and crew but part of me really wishes this show is a massive flop because of how Carrie and AWL have been acting with the pandemia. (I am a doctor in a freaking third world country, I truly hate them so much) The theaters are ALREADY open, shows are already open, he just want to act like if they are still closed. What I have been seeing from comments people think AWL means opening theaters and support him because they think they are still close, no what he wants is no social distance.

edit: comments in their IG posts.

• Heart

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
She's not even "fat" though. Stop trying to be seen as body positive, Carrie, it's not going to happen.

Funny how she was happy to humble brag when she was thinner and now she's put on a bit of weight, she thinks she's hot shit.

Body positivity is celebrating all body types, Carrie. Your behaviour isn't cute hun.

• Angry

jorja

Ok so sorry for all the posts but being so fed up of them will do that to a person
Just seen this delicious theatre video over on TheatreBoard the critic mentions Cinderella at around the 3min 23 mark if you can’t be bothered to watch it all

Ok so he cites THREE reason to go see Cinderella...
One: ALW (music back catalog etc )
Two: Emerald Fennell (writing back catalog)
And (drum roll ....wait for it)
IVAN TURCO ....
Miss Thing is gonna be spitting feathers 😂

• Haha

thisiscat

Chatty Member
Wait, she did what when she was in Les Mis?! A little bit of extra cash was probably a godsend for the chaperone.
That cash probably paid for the sweets. Not everyone can afford to pay out of pocket for a whole cast to have an essentially free tuck shop. On the surface what Carrie is doing seems nice but when you look beyond that it’s basically Carrie going ‘look, I can afford to pay for all of these drinks and snacks for the rest of the cast. Aren’t I nice?’
No Carrie you are making yourself look superior to the rest of the cast when you are supposed to be equals. If I were on the other side of that, I would insist on giving money towards paying for the tuck shop.
I must admit though, I wouldn’t be surprised if Carrie mainly used freebies eg donuts to make it seem like she was doing a nice thing when really it requires no effort on her part!

Divoka

I don’t know or care which roles she might move on to but I recall that in the past she said her plan was to write a “tell all” book about her life and experiences when she turns 30. I believe she even implied that the book could make it hard for her to continue in theatre because of what she would write/expose about her experiences. Anyone else remember this?

• Haha

Illogic_ally

The ridiculous thing is, if she was just normal about it and had snacks in her dressing room and made it known that if you wanted something, feel free, people would probably appreciate it. But because she’s got to make a big song and dance about it, it just makes it super awkward. Not to mention everyone involved is plenty old enough to get their own snacks, it’s not like they’re school kids who can’t. Smh
Does anyone remember when she used to take the massive jar of sweets around to the dressing rooms, I think it was in Chitty? And she’d film herself offering them to people. I never clocked how odd that behavior is. It’s one thing to be like ‘oh I have a lollie jar in my room, help yourself’, but it’s another to advertise you’re running a freaking canteen/library/praise me booth

jorja

Ok so here’s the thing Les Mis sells itself whoever is in the cast it will always sell out regardless. Of the 4 names which supposedly sold the recent concert BALL BOE LUCAS ... Fletcher will have caused a bit of head scratching to the vast public.
She was stunt cast in Heathers and her young fan base bought cheap tickets for a small theatre and the run sold out (the other palace seats 300) and a lot of people returned to watch on repeat.
NOW... the Gillian Lynne is a big theatre...
The top price seats are over £100
I can’t see her ‘fan base’ bought or otherwise being able to sustain sales alone there. Once initial interest in the new ALW show in town wears off who is gonna buy the high priced tickets? Even School of Rock which was far better known had days when the balcony was closed due to lack of sales and shows with kids in them SELL.
Watch this space...

Outside of musical theatre Ms Fletcher isn’t as well known as she imagines.

jorja

Ok so she’s just reposted praise for her giving fellow cast mates a cactus AND the music that CARRIE has chosen to play underneath the repost is....
🎶Isn’t she lovely, isn’t she wonderful...🎶
She has got to be trolling us 😂 I mean I’m all for self love but...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think she is aging out of Disney roles and no longer has the right look. I predict babies and following in Gi’s footsteps as an authority on all things motherhood (god help us) when the roles dry up.
Oh she would LOVE that. The sponsored freebies, the glow of sanctimonious morality, "you don't know ANYTHING until you've given birth" ...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13