Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jorja

ALW getting blasted across sm
Wonder what it’s like to be in the most unpopular show in town?
Watch Carrie get herself in more trouble when they’re allowed to open and no one else does and she won’t be able to resist talking about how ‘blessed she is’
The whole thing reeks of old (Tory) boys club

Reactions: 15

Illogic_ally

It used to shit me to tears when she said that she brought her flat because she didn’t drive/have a car. Like, Carrie, honey, you didn’t need a car because you still lived with your parents, within walking distance of public transport, and you didn’t fucking work.
My first car cost me $3000, last I checked the going rate for a mortgage deposit was a smidge more than that. Not every one goes out and buys a range rover or something the second they start driving.

She also never had to work during school, or even after leaving school. She only really did YouTube between leaving school at 16 and getting an actual job at like 19 didn’t she? What if she’d never ‘made it’ as an actress? It’s kind of dumbfounding to me that her and her parents were clearly so confident that she’d make it in the industry that she left school with no real prospects at 16, other than the connections her brother set up for her. That in itself says a lot about the privileged she started out with, there was no worry or need that she needed to find work because she always had multiple safety nets.

And I’m not shitting on her for that, she’s lucky. But that doesn’t mean she works any harder than the rest of us, she just started the race further ahead.

bumblebee1696

He’s so brave, even being willing to be arrested for the cause. As if hundreds of cases of covid being transmitted due to a show is ok providing he is arrested

Oh god, please tell me you’re joking? Child abuse cases soared, kids were cut off from free school meals until it was sorted, seriously ill children had care cancelled and hospice stays stopped, people couldn’t say goodbye to their loved ones, care home residents and vulnerable couldn’t see their family, domestic violence rose so much train companies were giving free tickets to escape and yet Carrie and ALW were hardest hit! 😡😡😡😡😡
Also disabled people lost a lot of care and their family members had to quit their jobs to take care of them. My learning disabled sister’s care suddenly stopped and my mum had to quit her job to look after her. Without any respite. For a year. On just carers allowance and disability benefits, which is less than minimum wage. I couldn’t even help them because I was living in at work, and the rest of our family live abroad. That’s why when I see wealthy people complain about how lockdown has impacted them the most, I get so bloody angry.

• Heart

ladylulu

I've actually been rewatching Heather's videos today and Carrie really does seem so worn out during it. Not everyone has the range for every part, even if they lower some of the notes for you. She couldn't go all the way up so she'd hit lower notes louder and it clearly took a toll. Early in the run she talks about "oh I got this cold" and it's like babe no you're overdoing it.

Also, I find it interesting how in the past she's referred to Addam's as her "uni experience" when in reality I think Heathers is too. The shit eating habits, all the coffee instead of breakfast, the goofing off, the sleeping in and then showing up to work early but tired, the constant sore throat, the flirting with other cast members shamelessly, the obsession with people screaming for her during Dead Girl walking, the collection of alcohol in her dressing room. It's all a little immature and attention seeking and self aggrandizing. The appropriate behavior for someone who is maybe 20 years old. Others in the cast are playing into it too obviously but I figure they go home and eat healthy, work out, and act like proper adults. I really do think she should have finished school, even if she didn't do uni. There's a time and a place for being silly and overdramatic and goofing off and I think if she'd done it at a younger age in a school type environment and gotten it out of her system she might be chiller and more mature now.

on-toast91

Also there's a difference between giving up because it's too hard but you have the means to go on and giving up as you need a steady paycheck coming in. I'd love to act professionally but my parents are poor and I can't afford to live in London unless I get a 40hr week salary job. No Carrie, I didn't give up, I realised I was living in a dream world where what i wanted to do just wasn't realistic. Also I'm not super hot or the best character actor, I look average and perform well enough, I wouldn't get enough work to support myself at all.
I’m literally in the same position. It was my dream as child and teenager to act professionally but being from a working class background in the midlands who’s parents could not afford to send them to singing or acting classes did not lend me the same privileges as someone who lived near London, had parents who pushed them in the direction of performance from the age of 2, went to private school and had a brother who was absolutely loaded with connections into the industry. It’s not about trying hard. Some of us have to be realists.

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
He’s so brave, even being willing to be arrested for the cause. As if hundreds of cases of covid being transmitted due to a show is ok providing he is arrested
They won't arrest him though will they? They'll arrest the theatre's Duty Manager and maybe a few ushers. And ruin those little people's lives with an arrest hanging over them.

:mad:

I suspect what's really going to happen, is that he knows seat sales are looking pretty poor, so he's making noise now ready to back down on the "suing the government", and open the show at half capacity but blame covid/government for "forcing" him to have a half empty theatre, when we all know that the truth is the show and its marketing have both appeared pretty terrible so far.

jorja

Ok Boris just confirmed Cinderella will go ahead as a pilot 🙄
Shame - was quite looking forward to him being arrested

• Haha
  • Wow

Buttercup1234

I don't really mind this. She's right, and she has had scary experiences and uncomfortable experiences - and some people are shit and need the reminder (but many would probably be shit anyway, reminder or not).
Which is fair...if she doesn’t encourage it by showing off the free stuff people give her there in an attempt to not have her put them on blast/block them/generally be shit to her fans, y’know, the people who allow her to have stuff like undeclared free holidays to Disney (although considering she has to buy a lot of her engagement with her content now, wonder how long it’ll be before that stops).
She can’t have it both ways, and it’s cruel of her to bite people’s heads off one minute and be lapping it up the next. Ends up with people walking on eggshells around her and is kinda abusive.

bumblebee1696

Agreed. From the Addams Family onwards. Although Oliver's accent in that was also pretty bad, and the accents of most of the other actors in Heathers also slipped often. Carrie and Jamie singing on the cast album in their "American accents" is cringe 😅
For me it’s forgivable because Americans attempting British accents is painful 😂 I appreciate that it must be hard to keep up an accent that isn’t your own but Carrie’s was unforgivable.
You can tell when someone has been stunt cast when they lower the score for them. Carly Rae Jepsen in R&H Cinderella comes to mind. Though I heard she was quite good. The fact that Christina is singing the original score tells you that is lowered for Carrie, not just the British cast.
Yeah, sometimes stunt-casting works. My favourite version of Memory from Cats is Nicole Scherzinger. There was controversy when she got the role but she actually seemed to knock it out of the park. I think it’s perfectly fine to cast someone famous in an attempt to sell more tickets as long as that famous person is actually good. I remember how angry people were when Joe Sugg got the role of Ogie in Waitress but he was genuinely so good. I think that was fine because, as long as the person is good in the role, I don’t care how they got the part. They just have to be good.

Loon, nutter, and lame are all ableist terms. I thought it was well known amongst most people not to use the word ‘lame’ anymore. But then she doesn’t seem to give a shit about that, given her attitude towards autistic people. 🙃
And "barking mad" ... although when Carrie sings it half the audience think she's saying "fucking mad"

Cd1313

OK... backing away from the crazy room... have a lovely day ladies. Hope the sun is shining where you are.
I think this is uncalled for. Just because we have a different viewpoint doesn't mean we're crazy, and tbh just calling someone crazy is rude. I didn't even speak up about the library but you still managed to offend me 👍

Reactions: 14

ruthg19

I’m sorry, but that TikTok story today was so pathetic and attention seeking. She’s making out like the video about her was saying all these horrible things, but it wasn’t. I actually didn’t see anything in it that wasn’t true. Besides, it didn’t even mention her by name. Get over yourself Carrie.

She always bangs on about how horrible people are to her online, but they really aren’t? I’m a sensitive person, and she is too, so I do empathise, but the level of nastiness she gets compared to other influencers/public figures really isn’t comparable imo.

jorja

She hit that high note so effortlessly, it sounds like they've gone back to the broadway version of DGW which proves it was a stunt cast as CHF couldn't reach that note!
Love it. CB trained as a legit soprano so it will be effortless. She’s also very fit and works as a personal trainer.
A professional knows to sustain your body and voice on 8 shows a week - caffeine and alcohol are pretty much a no no. Can’t see her having a ‘uni experience’ while on this show.
Bat out of Hell was insane energy compared to Heathers and she was never ‘off’ so obviously knows how to look after herself.
CHF makes lots of (barely) veiled references how she felt forced to continue during Heathers even though she was ‘ill’ with ‘tonsillitis’
Problem is - singing outside your vocal range will also wreck your voice. Barret Wilbert Weed in Heathers is so iconic the pressure was probably there for C to sing it as written. The only recording is Barret so everyone knew it was taken down for Carrie.

Side note: Fantine basically sings one song in a whole show and Eponine a solo and a duet. She’s had an easy ride singing wise in musicals. Past roles haven’t had anywhere near as much singing as Veronica and now it seems Cinderella. I hope she will take care of her voice this show and invest in the serious vocal training all her counterparts did at drama school. It’s the only way to build up stamina and not get ‘tonsillitis’

Last edited:

mjerrie05

I find it strange that Carrie constantly draws attention to these forums.
I used to follow Carrie back when she was with Alex Day. The first time she mentioned the websites, I looked it up because I was curious about the finer details of the break up. whilst I might not always agree with the points that are made, you guys certainly have the knack of finding out the juicy details.

the more I read the more I agreed with the points you were making. Every now and then I read up and then forget about it. But just as I’ve forgotten about the forums I can guarantee that Carrie will post about them and remind me they exist.
The latest being the story on her Instagram about tiktok saying she hates women. I had a look on tiktok and could only find that one video about her calling Lucie Jones old...

why would she send all of her fans digging for info on what is really just one video? all it’s going to do is draw more people to these forums and realise how frustrating she can behave.