Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DaisySims89

VIP Member
Screenshot_20221121-123547.png

No offence meant to the artist but there shouldn't be an apostrophe there and it's doing my nut in 😂

Screenshot_20221121-123559.png

I'm going to start tagging my partner every time he makes me a drink because apparently this is what "perfect" couples do

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 56

Sanctified

VIP Member
It's been 24 hours and he is still reposting that troll comment. Does he have nothing else to do? We get it, the comment was rude and lots of people are defending your honour. Change the tune already.

Use your platform for good for once. Maybe raise awareness for homelessness during winter, showcase some foodbanks and charities that can help us mere plebs get through the winter with the cost of living crisis.

We don't need to hear you moan about the fact someone called you a little chubby. I'm so tired of this now. Go touch grass.

• Haha
Reactions: 56

onasidequest

VIP Member
Carrie replying to Joel's message from 2014: Oh wow, sorry it took me so long to reply. I've been so busy with other guys for the last eight years. Anyway, you still up for that drink? OR how about something better? I have a premiere event thing coming up and I don't want to walk the red carpet as a single woman because I'm nearly 30 and it's pathetic to not be married already AMIRIGHT?!

• Haha
Reactions: 55

Pazc

View attachment 1734772

View attachment 1734773

This video she shared seems so problematic (as in, worrying) in her case. It sounds like she’s convincing herself that Joel is the one because he puts on a romantic performance for her. Sure, you shouldn't have to feel like you can't ask for your needs for romance to be met. It’s good to be with someone who will offer you romance. But not if that is the entire basis of your relationship, which it seems to be for them. If you’ve not developed more understanding about each other, not built trust, not taken some time to evaluate your compatibility, but you’re ready to perform the big romantic gestures, isn’t your relationship just a big superficial show? It feels like she's telling herself this relationship is good because there's lots of romance, and not looking at the rest of the relationship.

Also it always comes across as so disingenuous when she acts like she’s with Joel because she started setting higher standards for herself (demanding the romance she craves!). She would still be with Oliver if she’d been able to convince him to stay, like she said. She’s with Joel because she got dumped, he came along, and now she’s pretending this was her first choice all along.
Realistically if you're marrying someone, it's more important to be a good team and be best friends than it is to be "romantically attracted". If there's a screaming baby in your arms and the pasta on the hob is boiling over, do you want to be presented with a bouquet of roses or do you want your team-mate to swoop in and sort the pasta out?

Flippant example but not something I think Joel and Carrie have considered in depth.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Not to open a discussion on race or anything, but Tracee Ellis Ross is a black woman. And black women in particular do very often not get the recognition they deserve, especially in the entertainment business (just check how many woc have won Emmys or Oscars). It's ok to relate to what she says even if you're not black, but her message is important for women of color in order for them not to lose their confidence. And Carrie sure has enough of that ;) (FYI: I'm not black, I'm brown/South-East Asian, that's why I brought this up)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

Netsaboots

I eat like shit and I'm slim cos I don't gain a lot of weight naturally. Let's not pretend that people make comments about Carrie's weight for any reason other how she looks. I agree that her response to negative criticism is terrible but that commenter is also a pretty awful person for writing that when they knew she would see it
I think this is really important to say. We are all built differently. Let's not forget that Carrie is not built 'skinny' and even a few years ago people were calling her fat, yet her body ran a marathon.

Equally, she has to accept that she cannot control other people's opinions. She doesn't want anyone to say anything 'unkind' however that is subjective. Those people in her Disney reel where she was dancing on the bench were treated quite unkindly in the comments of her video, yet she didn't say anything about that.

I'll put it on the record that I don't give a damn about what you perceive is your 'fat' body Carrie, however your fat ego is repulsive. So bored of it!!!!!!

• Heart
Some highlights so far:

- Carrie's body language/behaviour is so off. Joel is telling their engagement story and Carrie keeps yelling at the cat, biting her finger, interrupting him by talking about the cut on her finger

- Joel is almost leaning into Carrie when telling their engagement story, looking at her constantly, checking for her reactions etc... Carrie is sat upright, doesn't look at Joel

- "We're not like other couples because we TALK" narrative is drivel

- "I won't say how I proposed because that's ours" - keeping one thing back about your lives together, groundbreaking.

- "The only time we get to spend together is on our holidays" - you've been on ONE holiday together hahahaha

• Haha
  • Heart

allthemyths

Imagine you are rich, newly engaged, and own a house and flat in no other city than London. Imagine you have nothing in the world to worry about: Not about food, heating, money. Then you end up escalating online because someone points out an obvious – if superficial – flaw.

I have to say that I agree and have always done so, especially because I worked behind the scenes of MT for a while (even if in another country). Certainly you don't have to be skinny as a plank to be successful on a stage, but I think it's just professional and part of taking care of your shape and your body. Appearance is capital on stage. I'm convinced that Carrie wouldn't react so offensively if she a) wasn't so insecure about her appearance herself and b) didn't know full well that Joel, alas, no longer has a body shape at all (I'm deliberately not talking about the hair loss and his, er, way of dressing here). With Oliver, a heartthrob has slipped through her fingers and – for whatever reason, I'm completely at a loss by now – now she has chosen the first guy who wanted to put a ring on her finger. Tough luck.

However, it makes me furious that she actually believes that everyone on the internet either has to butter her up or, alternatively, shut up. It doesn't work that way, Carrie. And no, we don't take after Thumper from Bambi and only talk when we have something nice to say. Such behaviour belongs in your echo chamber. Grow up and step out into the real world, you spoiled brat.

It just shows once again that everything in life so far has been handed to her on a silver platter and she has not had to work hard for anything so far. She hasn't been running regularly since Joel either, right?

• Heart

Must42

I’ve just remembered the bit of the live where someone asked if they wanted to start a family and part of Joel’s response was “I can’t wait for her to be a mum”

Ick ick ick.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 53

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
That troll comment, while rude, is so incredibly nothing-y for a seasoned internet figure like Carrie. It’s nothing she hasn’t heard before. I’m honestly really curious as to why it’s touched a nerve so bad? Is she feeling particularly insecure at the moment? Has Oliver’s dumping made her much more self conscious around her appearance?

The juxtaposition between hers and Joel’s Instagram presence today compared to Oliver and Alessia’s is sooo stark. Could you imagine if Carrie and Joel just lived their relationship offline and only popped up every month or so with the odd pic. If Carrie could post a bikini pic without a body positivity sermon attached or Joel posting them together casually without creepy OTT disingenuous sounding declarations of love.

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Oh do shut up, Carrie, will ya?

I even agree with her, but she just wants sympathy and yet again ignores the hundreds of comments telling her how lovely she looks (which in that particular pic she doesn’t). Also, you CHOOSE to put your most private, intimate moments out there for all the world to see, and expect only sunshine and rainbows? Not even Normies like us only get positive comments. Gah

• Haha
That comment was so out of order. Firstly, I don't think stage lights are set to be that flattering up close. (I know there are some techies in here so correct me if that's wildly wrong). Secondly, their weight is nobody else's business. If they want to look a specific way to go for certain parts in their industry that typically cast 'skinnier'/'more athletic' types, they can do that. But if they don't... Literally what is it to anyone else? An actress you don't like isn't cast in a show? Boohoo.

BUT, why share this with all of your followers? In a grid post, not just a story. New engagement, new job, there should be so much positivity that one or two trolls would have a hard time denting it. I think coming down from the Disney/engagement high is putting her in a bad place. For Carrie it always seems like the high points in life are the BEST EVER, but the flip side of that is the lows are worryingly low. She'd be better limiting her comments for a while to followers only, and closing her DMs until she's in a better place to deal with strangers she doesn't know trolling her online. Boundaries, babe.

• Heart
Reactions: 52

mushkala

Chatty Member
The engagement story is funny because to get her out of the house, he asked her to help with a favor and she flat out said no. This man would die for her and she wouldn't do a favor because she said "I'd rather stay at home if you're helping out with it anyway"

• Haha
Reactions: 52

PiefaceG

VIP Member
Has anyone else actually … softened … towards Joel after that? I feel like he was somewhat friendzoned (just zoned actually) for years and he’s finally got a scrap of attention and he’s over the moon and will just bend over backwards in order to keep her and keep her happy? He seemed really proud of the little proposal treasure hunt thing, and in fairness it’s very cute! I feel like he’s always had a crush on her and now he’s just swept up in it all!

Still think he can be a bit creepy, but I think that’s just everything combined
Let's not forget the SA sympathiser messages and barely contained racism.

Reactions: 51

pineapplesandcheese

They're already overeating, the video of them at Flat iron was shocking. They had popcorn, steaks, 4 sides, 4 sauces and then ice cream. Not that she was ever eating healthy, I remember past videos of her bragging about eating and loving junk.

Before you come at me, I love food and adore trying new recipes and new places, but portions are still a thing. You don't have to try the entire in a restaurant all at once, you can go multiple times if you love it so much and order different meals every time.

You can love food and still have a healthy approach to it. None of what she posts on social media is setting a good example for younger people, not her eating habits, relationship advice and dating history, her working ethic etc. All bad.
I eat like shit and I'm slim cos I don't gain a lot of weight naturally. Let's not pretend that people make comments about Carrie's weight for any reason other how she looks. I agree that her response to negative criticism is terrible but that commenter is also a pretty awful person for writing that when they knew she would see it

Reactions: 50

geniefromdownunder

A bit off topic and long winded - but relevant lol

My niece is 18 and lives in Queensland (I live in New South Wales - so, two separate states) and I don't get to see her as often as I'd like to but we speak on Snapchat everyday.

I noticed she was hanging around this boy (my niece came out as gay earlier in the year and now feels she is more bi than gay - all of which is no issue whatsoever, I'd love her just the same even if she were a Zebra!) anyway - I asked her about him and she said they were just friends and that he likes her more but she isn't sure. I advised her to just be careful and make sure her boundaries are known etc. because I do see that she is often out late at night with him.

I always send her ugly selfies laying in bed or at work with multiple chins, zoomed in on my face etc. because we are really close and she's like my best friend - we have that kind of bond.

Anyway, one day I was snapchatting her as usual and sending her the uglies and HE RESPONDED with a selfie of himself in her bed with her phone- which to me, was inappropriate and weird, like bro - I don't know you and you are not a part of this conversation- I don't know if she even knew he did it - but I brushed it aside.

Last week she came down to Sydney to stay with me and I asked her a bit more about him and you could see she was a bit uncomfortable and some of the stuff she told me raised massive red flags

Before she was due to leave he bought her flowers because she was having a bad day - but made her come to his house to get them because he "was doing dinner prep" even though she was trying to pack for her flight

Something happened with her work whilst she was here and she was stressing out about it - so he sent her a collage of photos of the two of them in AND I QUOTE "happier times" to cheer her up - THEY ARE NOT EVEN A COUPLE. This dude is 4 years older than her (22 years old vs 18!)

Whilst she was here, he was constantly blowing up her phone, anything I posted on FB with her or she posted on FB with me and my Mum (her Grandma) he was commenting on …. seem familiar?

I ended up calling my sister about it when I knew my niece wasn't at home and telling her about my worries and I went on a bit of a tangent about The Montagews and love bombing - which was something she'd never heard of (lovebombing) I went a bit mad with my arms waving around whilst explaining it, but hopefully she gets the drift and my niece kicks this scrub to the curb! I would hate for her to end up like Shrek & Carrie - whilst my niece is smart, I know she also likes the attention (seem familiar again?) which is also why she didn't listen to me when I was pointing out that these things are not normal

I have paraphrased a lot in here as to not go off on a tangent again (I really did try not to be long winded lol) I was also speaking to a friend of mine (who is a neutral third party and who has been in the same type of relationship as Shrek & Carrie and thankfully got out of!) and she agrees that my feelings are spot on and that it is going the way we think it will - let's just hope it doesn't!

Sorry for the rant - and thank you for reading (if you did haha)

Carrie Hope Fletcher #45 Carrie left Joel on read, so he dressed up in red (flags)

I tried.

Last edited:
  • Heart

BWGossip

Chatty Member
Alessia posted because she is hot, on a hot minibreak with her hot boyfriend. The world doesn't turn around Carrie.

The video she shared reminds me of that post
loekjlkje.jpg

• Heart