Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cynical_lettuce

I find it very telling that Carrie said she knew/strongly suspected that Joel was about to propose but seemed to do everything in her power to spoil the plans or at least make him panic. What a power trip.
its seriously fkn twisted. I don't know a single person un my life who's in a happy relationship who would behave this way. why would you want to make it difficult for them?? why would that even enter your mind?? would you not just be happy and want to support them in something that's such a big deal and they're probably already nervous enough about without you being such an ARSEHOLE????

(also, hi everyone - new member here!!! been lurking since the engagement - was delighted to find the site and discover yes, other people did find this as batshit as I did. finally making an account bc I cannot keep silent any longer - I mean srsly, wtf.)

Reactions: 50
Ummmmmmmmm can we talk about how awkward their reaction was to that "Can we expect an engagement story time?" question!??!?!!! HOW AWKWARD. Joel wants to and Carrie doesn't - is that the vibe we got?

Update: Joel brought up the question again, Carrie is resistant. Carrie "It's just weird when you haven't told the story yet" and Joel keeps pushing her to tell the story. He's pushed her like five times. Carrie's face is like in PAIN. Oh my days. I'm screaming.

• Wow
  • Haha

Elinie

Chatty Member
Has anyone else actually … softened … towards Joel after that? I feel like he was somewhat friendzoned (just zoned actually) for years and he’s finally got a scrap of attention and he’s over the moon and will just bend over backwards in order to keep her and keep her happy? He seemed really proud of the little proposal treasure hunt thing, and in fairness it’s very cute! I feel like he’s always had a crush on her and now he’s just swept up in it all!

Still think he can be a bit creepy, but I think that’s just everything combined
I mean I think it's shown all along, and was really highlighted in this live, that he is 50,000x more into her than she is into him. He does look like he can't believe his luck and now he's just really enthusiastically trying to hold on. Which is probably also why he comes across as so creepy in posts.

• Heart

jolly_parsley

Chatty Member
On the cake post the hashtag is done incorrectly so only the word “cutter” is tagged and Instagram just asked me if I’m okay or need support 😳 if he’s going to do this influencer stuff properly he should probably learn how to do that properly!!!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49

onasidequest

VIP Member
We're coming up to 700 votes on the poll and not one single person discovered Carrie through her books. Guess she better cross author off her list of achievements.

• Haha

emerald

VIP Member
It has killed me off she ignored his DMs for years, and that he was so down bad for her that he continued to keep sending them. He's a living wattpad story. After a certain point I'd be offended if someone I was really into gave me a chance purely because they were single and clearly desperate.

Also the sympathy being shown to Joel here is surprising to me! I have no intention of watching the live myself but wow. He's always gonna be a creepy weirdo to me 💀

• Haha

Pistachiyo

VIP Member
Joel really, really, really reminds me of an abusive narcissistic ex I dated when I was 17 (he was much older). So many common traits...

- Trying to isolate family / friends
- Bad eating habits and pushing to follow (their big meal out with the 4 sides)
- Love bombing
- Lack of self awareness (oversharing personal info to strangers)
- Has to be part of the action (Disney "F" shirts)
- Lacks independence (12 days of Joelmas, tattoo, "I don't do well without her")
- Moving fast to hit milestones (moving in quickly, engagement)
- A yes-man (their partner can do no wrong)
- Overshares (the lives, the stories, the shared IG account)
- Speaks on behalf of their partner (saying they'll buy a house together)
- Trying to become overly close to family to seem well-intentioned (the t-shirts, calling Tom "bro" online)

I could list more, but this is already enough.

It's really alarming and disturbing and reminds me of the mess I went through myself. While I laugh at most of the mess, once the giggles are gone it is honestly concerning.

I know I shouldn't feel sorry for her, and to some extent I don't because she's enabling him, but I do wish she'd let people help her get out of this.

hellofresh85

They keep referencing how little time they get to spend together which makes getting engaged after a few months even more ridiculous! Oh also did you hear her talk about why there’s no tacky tree this year? The shade she threw Oliver was savage!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
It could not be more OBVIOUS that they read here!!

Too many couple photos and over sharing… this week very little couple sharing.

We comment that Joel only has photos with Carrie… quick let’s call my famous friends and get a picture of them on my grid so it shows me not CONSTANTLY love bombing Carrie.

The Q&A on their ‘joint’ account solely addressed issues we had raised.

Quick let me take a quick picture of Trevor whilst we warm up because it looks like I’m ‘hanging’ out with my #hamfam

24 hours after diving into his Facebook, it’s the made private.

Comments on here and concerned fans on insta, so let’s post a comment which will gain all the sympathy from the ‘fans’ and people will forget everything, unfortunately us on here are pretty intelligent and can still see your dead eyes Carrie, sadly because a lot of us have been through the same.

Joel and Carrie, we know you read here, fabulous that you read EVERYTHING - you sure you are each other’s forever?

• Haha
  • Heart

YTZeleb23

Chatty Member
That troll comment, while rude, is so incredibly nothing-y for a seasoned internet figure like Carrie. It’s nothing she hasn’t heard before. I’m honestly really curious as to why it’s touched a nerve so bad? Is she feeling particularly insecure at the moment? Has Oliver’s dumping made her much more self conscious around her appearance?

The juxtaposition between hers and Joel’s Instagram presence today compared to Oliver and Alessia’s is sooo stark. Could you imagine if Carrie and Joel just lived their relationship offline and only popped up every month or so with the odd pic. If Carrie could post a bikini pic without a body positivity sermon attached or Joel posting them together casually without creepy OTT disingenuous sounding declarations of love.
I agree the comment was rude, but it plays into Carrie building a narrative of her (and now Joel) being a constant victim. Cynically, I want to say it also takes the spotlight off their super fast engagement and other things too - if they can make this their focus, everything else gets quietly shunted to the side, while they play the moral high-ground heroes and win some sympathy votes. Carrie also amasses her army of Hatefuls ready to pounce if and when more comments roll in.

• Sick

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
This. My goodness. I would never contemplate actually going out with someone after that.
No wonder she was annoyed at him for revealing that. It makes them both look very desperate. Especially her tbh. I feel like most women have that one odd guy who’s always messaging you and basically talking to themselves in your dm. Imagine getting engaged to that guy 😭

• Haha
  • Sick

chubbabun

Did anyone else notice she couldn’t remember the name of the film they went to see on their perfect first date. You know, the one he had the quote from TATTOOED ON HIS ARM?

So special.
YES!! I’m sorry but this has absolutely baffled me! Wasn’t their first date this special, amazing event that just “wouldn’t end” and was so perfect, blah blah, and the quote from the film touched them so much they decided it was *their* quote and BOTH got tattoos for it - just for Carrie to not even remember the name of the film???? She literally scrunched up her face a bit trying to recall the name, and sounded so disinterested when she did remember it! I just - gah!

• Haha
Reactions: 47

ImagineElspeth

I’m not sure why Lucie has suddenly decided to start fighting Carrie’s battles for her, but it’s a risky strategy. We’ve heard from multiple sources that people in MT are talking about them, and not in a good way. Does Lucie really want to attach herself to them so publicly?

• Heart
Reactions: 46

F0rg3tm3n0t

Next time she goes off on a passive aggressive rant to someone with 500k less followers than her and has to deal with all the hate from her fans, let's just copy and paste that BS "is it kind? Is it necessary?" Spiel to her

• Haha

Clover123

VIP Member
I still find Joel grim but the live is a reminder that Carrie is just so unpleasant as a person. There is a very similar attitude to how she spoke to Pete - she seems bored, disgusted and abrasive. She claims she loves feeling supported and having nice things done for her, but in reality it seems to give her the ick. She can't help but intentionally dismiss his actions, even when it comes to the engagement she claims she wanted more than anything. If my fiance had this attitude to our engagement story it would crush me!!

She is a deeply bitter and unpleasant person, seeing her live just reinforces that. If Joel wasn't so grim himself I would feel sorry for him, but I genuinely do think they deserve each other at this point- he has no sense of appropriate behaviour and is massively icky, she is mean, cold and impossible to please. Carrie thinks we are all jealous but their relationship looks like genuine hell to me and actually makes me appreciate my own relationship a lot more! They are both going to be incredibly unhappy, anyone can see that from the live.

• Heart