Carrie Hope Fletcher #44 red, the colour of Joel’s flags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
While I truly despise the idea that not being feminine or not unquestionably supporting other women is "internalised misogyny!" and evil, the difference in marketing between West End Cinderella and Broadway Bad Cinderella kind of highlights how dated Carrie's brand is. When she was starting out it was cool to be all "not like other girls" and like Taylor Swift in the video for You Belong to Me. Now it's considered tacky and un-woke yet Carrie still tries to sell herself on that image, she has not moved with the times in the slightest

Reactions: 15
To balance out Joel's red flags, I've had a couple of male friends in emotionally abusive relationships from their female partner and Carrie hits many red flags herself. So maybe they are made for eachother
True. The infinite desire to mould every single one of her boyfriends into the Disney prince she thinks she's deserving of.
She speaks to a lot of them like tit as well.

Carrie just shared this....... implying that she would have deserved the theatre/ musical nomination, regardless of whether she received one, or not. No, you did not Scrabbie 🧘‍♀️ Reminds me of Joella's facebook rants, in which he defended his unremarkable amateur theatre group and himself. pathhhhhetic 🎶
I wonder if Carrie actually watched this and listened to it. No, you don’t always Deserve that nomination. Also, If she (and Joel) did listen, they’d hear Tracee clearly say, “Not everything has to be an Instagram moment.” Ermmm. Take the hint.

• Haha
Yeah good point, he's a bigger sell. Didn't mean to put that much pressure on Carrie lol. Makes sense from the original point though!
Her name was quite heavily marketed and she did a lot of promotion
However she didn't seem to be the draw that ALW thought she'd be and she was off a lot

Reactions: 6
Her name was quite heavily marketed and she did a lot of promotion
However she didn't seem to be the draw that ALW thought she'd be and she was off a lot
i think it was also just disastrous timing to originate a role. the pandemic not only messed up everything with the opening and closing and reopening things, as well as destroy the performance and tourism industries, but i think it made people choosier for what large-event things they went to. since it was a new show people were bound to choose it less than a well-established show, even if it was an alw show

Reactions: 10
Really late to this but do we think that Linedy Genao will be better or worse in the part of Cinderella..... totally different type...

Reactions: 1
i think it was also just disastrous timing to originate a role. the pandemic not only messed up everything with the opening and closing and reopening things, as well as destroy the performance and tourism industries, but i think it made people choosier for what large-event things they went to. since it was a new show people were bound to choose it less than a well-established show, even if it was an alw show
Back To The Future's done really well and that launched a couple of months before COVID hit. But it's had stellar reviews from audiences and critics. Cinderella has been panned by both and that's because it wasn't a very good show. There's only so much a cast can do with such lousy material.

Reactions: 16
Not to open a discussion on race or anything, but Tracee Ellis Ross is a black woman. And black women in particular do very often not get the recognition they deserve, especially in the entertainment business (just check how many woc have won Emmys or Oscars). It's ok to relate to what she says even if you're not black, but her message is important for women of color in order for them not to lose their confidence. And Carrie sure has enough of that ;) (FYI: I'm not black, I'm brown/South-East Asian, that's why I brought this up)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Really late to this but do we think that Linedy Genao will be better or worse in the part of Cinderella..... totally different type...

I think she comes across as much better suited as a rebal. Also prefer her vocals.

I still think it will flop but I think she is a better and more modern choice

Does anyone remember the years long era of Carrie being unhinged and fighting people on Twitter and searching her name specifically to start a sparring match? Feel like that's all been transitioned to Instagram. But just mentioning because I thought of that with the demise of Twitter

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Does anyone remember the years long era of Carrie being unhinged and fighting people on Twitter and searching her name specifically to start a sparring match? Feel like that's all been transitioned to Instagram. But just mentioning because I thought of that with the demise of Twitter
She's following the carriehopefletcher hashtag on Instagram so almost definitely.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Just checking my emails on my lunch break and look what’s streaming next month! Clicked through out of curiosity and the tickets are (currently?) free.

Sales of this book clearly not doing very well, as people here already speculated…
She looks like an old grandma in that photo 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 9
While I truly despise the idea that not being feminine or not unquestionably supporting other women is "internalised misogyny!" and evil, the difference in marketing between West End Cinderella and Broadway Bad Cinderella kind of highlights how dated Carrie's brand is. When she was starting out it was cool to be all "not like other girls" and like Taylor Swift in the video for You Belong to Me. Now it's considered tacky and un-woke yet Carrie still tries to sell herself on that image, she has not moved with the times in the slightest
This is what happens when your audience grows up without you. Carrie is still stuck in 2013 tumblr era. I do admit, I did have a "not like other girls" phase, BUT I was 16 and in high school. Then I grew out of it. Can't say the same about Carrie.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Creature of habit.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

She's seems a much better actress and singer but I feel like no one can make that terrible writing and those songs good.

Reactions: 9

my entire fyp is filled with people mocking this video, from UK and America. I even saw Halloween costumes. It might become a camp hit, I don’t know how to predict American audiences tbh

my entire fyp is filled with people mocking this video, from UK and America. I even saw Halloween costumes. It might become a camp hit, I don’t know how to predict American audiences tbh
a lot of things succeed on broadway when they don’t here (and vice versa) - but i just can’t see it. it isn’t quite camp enough to get that kind of audience (unless they’ve drastically changed the book then it takes itself too seriously). it’s big wow moment was the revolve, and i wonder if they’ve found a theatre to accommodate that.

she is absolutely better than carrie though.

Imagine just chilling and some creep is videoing you for Instagram.
And you can even see his creeper face in the mirror 🤢
his creepy little smile in the mirror 🤢

poor trevor. let the man have a rest! i’m convinced that the cast can’t stand him 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.