Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Alice_Taylorx

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I find comments on her weight make it so easy for people to dismiss all of our opinions on here as us just being evil harpies. It takes away the credibility of other stuff we say that's rooted in much more legitimate criticism. There's so much to comment on about Carrie that don't revolve around her weight, especially lately (still maintain that she's completely average weight-wise tbh). I know I make comments on her hair (mainly just her choosing her childhood hairdresser who does her zero favours) and clothing, but that's because those are choices she makes every day/every month and would be very simple and easy to fix that only unflatter her when she has so many good traits to work with, and seriously feel like she's just going to regret squandering so much of her youth dressing herself way, way older than she really is when she has plenty of time for that in the future. Weight is so much harder to lose.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

Lilykins

VIP Member
Honestly, real talk - been scrolling Ollie’s new girlfriend Instagram and if i was Carrie I’d be SICK that my ex had moved on to her…. She is 🔥

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

stage5clinger

I hate the smushy stuff don’t get me wrong, but people saying “more food” or “not going to slim down this way” etc I don’t agree with.

Eat what you want, be happy in yourself, I’m sure none of us on this thread are the beacon of health.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Because Carrie was turning 30!
The age by which if you aren't engaged/in a long term committed relationship your life means nothing!!! you will never do anything meaningful after 30, life ceases to mean anything unless you are madly in love and can prove it!
can confirm.

i was single when i turned 30 and got turned into a pile of dust as soon as midnight struck :(

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 63

AvaKnight

Chatty Member
Zero intention of watching that live. But, from all the comments...

I find it uncomfortable that people are sympathising with Joel, after his disgusting SA sympathiser messages and barely veiled racism, christ, even the bloody Hitler memes. No. He can behave any which way he fucking wants - nothing will eradicate those issues for me, the SA stuff especially.

The other thing - his 12 days videos were hideous, horrible, painful to watch. Because he wasn't with Carrie - I haven't even watched the live but its clear he comes across as being desperately obsessed with her, certainly more so than any feelings she has for him. I find it interesting how his behaviour becomes more likeable and palatable to people when he is with Carrie; in my mind, that's actually more about control and manipulation. All feelings totally different from really, truly loving someone.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Alice_Taylorx

I'd be sooo interested to know that too, but I realize of course that we never will :D
Tbh I think the anniversary of the breakup will only serve as another opportunity to double-down on it all, like "this time last year I was in a much different place - I never would have imagined I'd be engaged to the love of my life only a few months after such a painful curve ball was thrown my way at the beginning of the year. Just goes to show you you never know what life has planned for you! xxx"

I truly don't think she ever allows herself to even entertain the idea that she's making a mistake or rushing into things out of panic and heartbreak.

• Haha
Reactions: 61

T3PO

Chatty Member
If you don’t want commentary on your private life, maybe don’t set up a joint private Instagram detailing your private life?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

MitchyS

502CF6B4-9BFA-4423-A201-757BDFA54C6A.jpeg
How not to show you’re jealous. Just repost it with the word “dead” instead of actually showing you want to sh00t that man in the face.The word doesn’t mean he’s laughing, it’s a warning to Tom. 😂
I understand though Joel, she does like a dalliance with her costars.

• Haha
Reactions: 59

Elinie

Chatty Member
068202EC-B295-4AC2-833F-DC0ACB37BE27.png

C779F96E-3FE0-476E-A896-6EEABD98978A.png

This video she shared seems so problematic (as in, worrying) in her case. It sounds like she’s convincing herself that Joel is the one because he puts on a romantic performance for her. Sure, you shouldn't have to feel like you can't ask for your needs for romance to be met. It’s good to be with someone who will offer you romance. But not if that is the entire basis of your relationship, which it seems to be for them. If you’ve not developed more understanding about each other, not built trust, not taken some time to evaluate your compatibility, but you’re ready to perform the big romantic gestures, isn’t your relationship just a big superficial show? It feels like she's telling herself this relationship is good because there's lots of romance, and not looking at the rest of the relationship.

Also it always comes across as so disingenuous when she acts like she’s with Joel because she started setting higher standards for herself (demanding the romance she craves!). She would still be with Oliver if she’d been able to convince him to stay, like she said. She’s with Joel because she got dumped, he came along, and now she’s pretending this was her first choice all along.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
It took them about 20 mins to get to the engagement story. There was a lot of talking over each other and interrupting.
Carrie looked bored and mildly annoyed by Joel the entire time.

Before we were telling Carrie to get out. Now I think Joel needs to be the one to leave
A full circle moment. If the live was damage control for Joel it worked. I was left feeling the same. He’s going to get his heart broken. If that was meant to show them in the first blush of love then all I can say is, it’s very one sided.
Rather than convincing us, Carrie needs to convince herself.

Did anyone else notice she couldn’t remember the name of the film they went to see on their perfect first date. You know, the one he had the quote from TATTOOED ON HIS ARM?

So special.

• Haha
  • Wow
So… you haven’t seen your fiancé properly in ‘AGES’ because of conflicting work schedule and last night was their first night together in a while and they…..

Did an Instagram live? And this doesn’t seem at all strange to their ‘fans’?!!!

• Haha
"What's been your favourite moment from this year?"

Joel: "How this *indicates him and Carrie* has developed"

Joel, darling, it's called the HONEYMOON STAGE FOR A REASON. You're engaged based on a dopamine hit.

• Haha
Reactions: 58

Katykatykaty

VIP Member
She never neverrrrrr learns!! It’s like she thinks she’s become enlightened through therapy and understands herself fully etc etc… but she clearly hasn’t! If you repeat it enough it doesn’t become true.

Obviously that comment is inappropriate - messaging her anything like that directly is inappropriate. But you can’t stop the meanies, Carrie. Set healthy boundaries for yourself, rise above and stop oversharing.
The biggest thing I learnt in therapy was you can’t control other people so you need to control how you react and respond to others - that’s where the boundary comes in. Carrie doesn’t seem to get that shouting off about “oh I have boundaries, I don’t post eeeeevvverything on line” means absolutely nothing if she can’t cope well with whatever happens when she does post something. Yes the world should be a nicer place and people shouldn’t send awful comments but we all know they do and so you either choose to ignore them, turn off comments or stop living your life online 24/7!

• Heart

unt Bessie

I find it very telling that Carrie said she knew/strongly suspected that Joel was about to propose but seemed to do everything in her power to spoil the plans or at least make him panic. What a power trip.

• Sick
  • Heart

GrilledCheese

VIP Member
Screenshot_20221115-161245~2.png

Screenshot_20221115-161231~2.png

This makes it seem like they bumped into each other and Joel went straight into a "everyone's giving us hate 😭😭" tear fest lmao

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57