Carrie Hope Fletcher #44 red, the colour of Joel’s flags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since she’s died her hair I wondered about her acting career. I seem to remember her saying she would never dye it so it’s odd she has now.

Reactions: 9
Something I wonder about in terms of Carrie's following, and her being stunt cast to bring in audiences, is if/how it might work the other way at some point. Looking at the figures on here of hundreds of former fans. Thinking about the number of people she blocks for the tiniest thing. And knowing there are many, many people who will deliberately not book something she's in, or book to see an alternative performer, to avoid her (I'm absolutely in this camp). At what point does that get weighed against the die hards she brings in? Every time she's mentioned on Theatre Board there's a mass of people saying they won't book if she's in something. She's not mainstream enough to bring in the general public who don't follow an outdated influencer, so I'm genuinely baffled by stunt casting her for her following at this point.

Reactions: 22
Something I wonder about in terms of Carrie's following, and her being stunt cast to bring in audiences, is if/how it might work the other way at some point. Looking at the figures on here of hundreds of former fans. Thinking about the number of people she blocks for the tiniest thing. And knowing there are many, many people who will deliberately not book something she's in, or book to see an alternative performer, to avoid her (I'm absolutely in this camp). At what point does that get weighed against the die hards she brings in? Every time she's mentioned on Theatre Board there's a mass of people saying they won't book if she's in something. She's not mainstream enough to bring in the general public who don't follow an outdated influencer, so I'm genuinely baffled by stunt casting her for her following at this point.
I think her star power is already gone, for proper runs. Cinderella was her big test and it flopped, she couldn't even sell out the first few months.

Her fanbase can sell out a one night concert but she isn't a draw for longer runs. Even when you look at her career before, everything was small scale or had built in audiences. She wasn't carrying the show alone.

She is also now 'old' in social media terms, there are younger more relevant social media stars they can cast to get the tiktok etc audience

And like you say, if anything the tide has turned in opposite direction and she is now seen as more divisive and even toxic.

Reactions: 26
068202EC-B295-4AC2-833F-DC0ACB37BE27.png

C779F96E-3FE0-476E-A896-6EEABD98978A.png

This video she shared seems so problematic (as in, worrying) in her case. It sounds like she’s convincing herself that Joel is the one because he puts on a romantic performance for her. Sure, you shouldn't have to feel like you can't ask for your needs for romance to be met. It’s good to be with someone who will offer you romance. But not if that is the entire basis of your relationship, which it seems to be for them. If you’ve not developed more understanding about each other, not built trust, not taken some time to evaluate your compatibility, but you’re ready to perform the big romantic gestures, isn’t your relationship just a big superficial show? It feels like she's telling herself this relationship is good because there's lots of romance, and not looking at the rest of the relationship.

Also it always comes across as so disingenuous when she acts like she’s with Joel because she started setting higher standards for herself (demanding the romance she craves!). She would still be with Oliver if she’d been able to convince him to stay, like she said. She’s with Joel because she got dumped, he came along, and now she’s pretending this was her first choice all along.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
I think Carrie would want Nancy in Oliver next, but they'd probably just cast her as a random solo for the "who will buy" song if she tried which must be depressing for her

Reactions: 11
View attachment 1734772

View attachment 1734773

This video she shared seems so problematic (as in, worrying) in her case. It sounds like she’s convincing herself that Joel is the one because he puts on a romantic performance for her. Sure, you shouldn't have to feel like you can't ask for your needs for romance to be met. It’s good to be with someone who will offer you romance. But not if that is the entire basis of your relationship. If you’ve not developed more understanding about each other, not built trust, not taken some time to evaluate your compatibility, but you’re ready to perform the big romantic gestures, isn’t your relationship just a big superficial show?

Also it always comes across as so disingenuous when she acts like she’s with Joel because she started setting higher standards for herself (demanding the romance she craves!). She would still be with Oliver if she’d been able to convince him to stay, like she said. She’s with Joel because she got dumped, he came along, and now she’s pretending this was her first choice all along.
Totally agree. Joel can’t believe his luck and was a case of right place right time for him. If Carrie had stayed single for a year then dated Joel I don’t think they would’ve lasted more than a couple of weeks.

Reactions: 16
Oliver clearly has a 'type' judging by his ex and his latest girlfriend.
I mean, who wouldn't? Dancers are hot af.
It's rare he dated the one star in all of the west end who doesn't, and can't, dance. Oh, sorry, I meant, a girl "not like other girls"

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I mean, who wouldn't? Dancers are hot af.
It's rare he dated the one star in all of the west end who doesn't, and can't, dance. Oh, sorry, I meant, a girl "not like other girls"
I used to be a dancer and I was never hot af 💀😂 One of my teammates told me I looked like Jabba The Hut in one of our costumes 💀💀🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
On the weight issue - it is absolutely unnecessary for someone to message her to point out anything to do with her appearance. It comes across as mean spirited and hurtful, but of course she would then post the message while her 'beloved' reposts every Tom, Dick or Harry that post about it to draw even more attention to the 'jealous troll'.

I got a photo with a theatre person at a stage door last year, I wanted to post it on my Instagram but I had a double chin which was much bigger than Carrie's and that photo has never seen the light of day as a result. If there is a photo of me which is unflattering I wouldn't even dream of putting it on social media for my own self esteem. My friend sent me that pic that she posted and straight away my eye was drawn to the worst bits. I can say it to my mate that never in a million years would I have put that on my SM, but I would never have messaged her to say the same thing either 🙈.

Reactions: 13
Do you know what I find really strange 🤔 Lindsey Heather Pierce who was Elphaba on Broadway and now staring in Mean Girls is always liking and commenting on Carrie and Joel's insta page. She even reposted Carrie's poor me story yesterday, but they never ever like or comment on her page and she is pretty high up there in MT 🤔 just an observation but it's so unlike Jowl Monkeypox to not repost everything especially coming from someone big like Lindsey

Reactions: 19
View attachment 1734772

View attachment 1734773

This video she shared seems so problematic (as in, worrying) in her case. It sounds like she’s convincing herself that Joel is the one because he puts on a romantic performance for her. Sure, you shouldn't have to feel like you can't ask for your needs for romance to be met. It’s good to be with someone who will offer you romance. But not if that is the entire basis of your relationship, which it seems to be for them. If you’ve not developed more understanding about each other, not built trust, not taken some time to evaluate your compatibility, but you’re ready to perform the big romantic gestures, isn’t your relationship just a big superficial show? It feels like she's telling herself this relationship is good because there's lots of romance, and not looking at the rest of the relationship.

Personally, I don’t want a fairytale kind of love because it’s not real life. It’s acting like everything is wonderful all the time and nothing bad ever happens as it’s so over the top.

its also easy to think you have fairytale love when you’ve not been together long enough for it to stand the test of day to day life when neither of you are feeling your best and you start arguing about whose had the harder day.

there’s a difference between knowing what you’re willing to accept in a relationship (which is super important) and refusing to accept anything less than perfect 100% of the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
On the weight issue - it is absolutely unnecessary for someone to message her to point out anything to do with her appearance. It comes across as mean spirited and hurtful, but of course she would then post the message while her 'beloved' reposts every Tom, Dick or Harry that post about it to draw even more attention to the 'jealous troll'.

I got a photo with a theatre person at a stage door last year, I wanted to post it on my Instagram but I had a double chin which was much bigger than Carrie's and that photo has never seen the light of day as a result. If there is a photo of me which is unflattering I wouldn't even dream of putting it on social media for my own self esteem. My friend sent me that pic that she posted and straight away my eye was drawn to the worst bits. I can say it to my mate that never in a million years would I have put that on my SM, but I would never have messaged her to say the same thing either 🙈.
Exactly there’s a difference between comments here/to friends than sending directly to the person. That’s actually trolling and bullying.
It’s not a flattering photo but it’s a happy (for her) occasion so can see why she posted it. Commenting on their weight is unnecessary particularly to send directly to her.

The irony of Joel reposting every post including those that say to not give the troll more air time yet he keep posting after that.
The bit in blue I thought showed bit of a nudge at them basically take the hint if you keep reporting it you’re encouraging it.

Attachments

Reactions: 16
Personally, I don’t want a fairytale kind of love because it’s not real life. It’s acting like everything is wonderful all the time and nothing bad ever happens as it’s so over the top.

its also easy to think you have fairytale love when you’ve not been together long enough for it to stand the test of day to day life when neither of you are feeling your best and you start arguing about whose had the harder day.

there’s a difference between knowing what you’re willing to accept in a relationship (which is super important) and refusing to accept anything less than perfect 100% of the time.
Agreed! I think if you are after a fairytale you are not mature enough to get married. I went to a wedding once which was Disney themed and there was a PowerPoint presentation about their ‘happy ever after’. They divorced two months later. I’m not saying that a Disney themed wedding is wrong necessarily but I think you have to have realistic expectations going into a marriage that it isn’t happy ever after, and you both have to work at a relationship and be prepared to compromise on things for it to be a success.

But of course Carrie and Joel ‘aren’t like other couples’ so their whirlwind fairytale romance must be 100% meant to be yeah?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
View attachment 1734772

View attachment 1734773

Realistically if you're marrying someone, it's more important to be a good team and be best friends than it is to be "romantically attracted". If there's a screaming baby in your arms and the pasta on the hob is boiling over, do you want to be presented with a bouquet of roses or do you want your team-mate to swoop in and sort the pasta out?

Flippant example but not something I think Joel and Carrie have considered in depth.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Yeah, that too. The video mentioned expecting someone to give you the "fairytale fantasy of your dreams" which, imo, is just an unhealthy amount of pressure to put on your partner. People are human, nobody can offer you a 100% dreamy, romance novel life.

If we're talking about, don't settle for a partner who never buys you flowers or brings you for a surprise dinner, I can agree (even though imo the most romantic gestures are the small ones). You should feel crazy about someone, and have the romance in that sense. I don't agree that you should not accept a relationship that involves conflict, or is just real and therefore mundane sometimes.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.