Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

disneys

VIP Member
Just realised something baffling to put how rushed this relationship is into context

So , I had a baby earlier this year …

When I got pregnant , Carrie was with Ollie
When she was born , Carrie was single
Now , she is not even 8 months old and Carrie is engaged …

She’s also seen 3 PMs and 2 monarchs so what a year to be born … sorry , detailing but just bedtime thoughts 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 109

Mark81

VIP Member
I love a good panto...so no I won't be going

Carrie Hope Fletcher #45 - He's behind you! (For evermore)

• Haha
Reactions: 93

geniefromdownunder

I am just going to say this -

I used to be extremely overweight, more than double the weight I am now - I avoided meet and greets with my favourite artists because I didn't want to be the "fat" fan. I have photos with one of my favourite singers (from when I was big and one from this year after I have lost the weight) and I hate the old photos - it doesn't look like me, I was miserable, it was a horrible time in my life (mental health wise) and I am literally (not even joking) 6 x the size of the singer. I refer to that part of my life as "her" because it isn't me, it was "her" (almost like the "that was Patricia" meme haha).

I would hate it when people would yell things out to me on the street - I had one guy (who I didn't even know, I was just walking along the street) yell from his car "Time to feed the whale!" to which I responded "Good - go get me a Big Mac, I am starving!" - which was satisfying as it took the power away from him, he had nothing over me in which to hurt me with.

It would piss me off that people would judge me based on my size, like - yes, you can SEE that about me, but you don't KNOW me. You're basing your first impression of me by the fact that I am morbidly obese, cool - yet, if you actually took the time to get to know me, you'd see I am pretty cool (I think, anyway - not to sound arrogant haha).

Whilst I agree that the comment made to Carrie is incredibly hurtful - would I share it to a public forum where everybody can see my face and my name? Hell no. Would I let my partner constantly reshare something like that to all of his friends/fans/followers or whatever - also, hell no!

I am not here to tell anyone what they can and can't say - this is a gossip forum after all - just be careful in what you DO say as it could be a triggering point for others who are insecure with their weight/body and they may feel insecure.

Love to all ♥

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 93

DaisySims89

VIP Member
Screenshot_20221115-101809.png

That comment about her and Joel's weight really got to her

Just ignore the hate comments! Establish boundaries! Don't go off on one yet again

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 92

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
I had to switch that live off because it was so slow and boring. But the fact that Joel has messaged Carrie directly on Facebook 8 different times over the years and she’s ignored him every time was a huge revelation.

She was well annoyed he said that because it directly contradicts this bs ‘we were mates for years’ narrative. Also what a coincidence that after getting her heart shattered and staring 30 down in the face while single (her worst nightmare) she’s suddenly happy to respond to him and pursue a relationship with him lmao.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 87

n9037

Apparently Carrie has a sixth sense and always knows what's coming...
Not in January when Oli left her, she didn't.

(Too soon? Clearly not as she's engaged!)

• Haha
Reactions: 81

Alice_Taylorx

Big ups to Carrie for taking one for the team to investigate the thought we've all briefly, remorsefully entertained at least once in our lives while we're at a low point - "what *would* happen if I gave that simp who crawls into my DMs twice a year for the past decade a chance?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

onasidequest

VIP Member
"HI MY NAME IS CARRIE HOPE MONTAGUE"
"AND MY NAME IS JOEL FLETCHER"
"WELCOME TO OUR FITNESS DVD... DANCING IN DOCS!!!!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: 74

Chicarica

The thread is slowing a bit. In one way I'm glad as I was considering giving up work and reading here as a full time job.

On the other hand I miss it.

Someone poke them or something.

• Haha

pepperpotcat

I'm sorry did I just hear that correctly on the live...
"The only time we actually get together is our holidays together... And like mornings and evenings. That's it..."
What the fuck else do the rest of us do then?! 😂 my partner is a nurse so we haven't even had a holiday since 2020 cos it's just been manic. Fuck sake lol

• Haha

anon1405

Chatty Member
6B18E34A-F170-479E-9590-20B1067F5009.png

Anyone else find this strange? Like the phrasing backs up the just want to be married narrative?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72

Elinie

Chatty Member
Another really weird moment was when Joel said he knew right away (implying after their first date) that this was the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. And then he awkwardly goes "but Carrie..." she does like a "well..." and he asks if they're going to get into that? And then they just moved on. Wonder what was going on there.

Also I think it's interesting they confirmed they really only juuuuust barely qualified as friends for those 8 years. She couldn't even be bothered to reply to his messages. Odd that she'd say she had a little crush on him since she met him, seems unlike Carrie to ignore a guy she's crushing on a bit. She really did get engaged to someone she barely knew when she was feeling low and desperate, didn't she.

• Wow
Reactions: 67

PiefaceG

VIP Member
I had to switch that live off because it was so slow and boring. But the fact that Joel has messaged Carrie directly on Facebook 8 different times over the years and she’s ignored him every time was a huge revelation.

She was well annoyed he said that because it directly contradicts this bs ‘we were mates for years’ narrative. Also what a coincidence that after getting her heart shattered and staring 30 down in the face she’s suddenly happy to respond to him and pursue a relationship with him lmao.
He continued to message her 8 times after not receiving a reply once?

Ew. Stalker.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 67