Carrie Hope Fletcher #44 red, the colour of Joel’s flags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have warmed towards Joel after seeing that live, he seemed normal!
He is obviously besotted with Carrie which is probably why his behaviour has been a bit OTT and borderline creepy.
I reckon he has had a crush on her for years.

I found it funny how they were saying they only really get to spend holidays, mornings and evenings together...like every couple ever 😂

Carrie doesn't seem as in to Joel. It's clear that he will do absolutely anything for her and she seems she'd be quite high maintenance.

Unfortunately I can see this with Joel getting his heart broken.

Reactions: 30
I wasn't planning to watch the whole thing but now I'm about halfway through and can't look away. I'm fascinated. If anything this has made me like Joel and feel a bit sorry for him. If you want the engagement story, it's roughly halfway in

Reactions: 18
If the aim of the live was damage control then it’s not working, all it’s doing is highlighting that they don’t know each other very well. It seems fine for a 6 month relationship but it’s ridiculous to try and force it to be more.

Reactions: 34
The engagement story is funny because to get her out of the house, he asked her to help with a favor and she flat out said no. This man would die for her and she wouldn't do a favor because she said "I'd rather stay at home if you're helping out with it anyway"

• Haha
Reactions: 52
My observations:
Joel is absolutely smitten with her. His body language is open, he can't take his eyes off her and he really can't stop smiling. I feel that he looks very genuine and is head over heels. Whether it be love, or starstruck or what. He was deferring to her on everything.

Carrie is another story all together. She appeared a bit bored. Her body language was completely different, she had her arms folded across her at one point, she was yawning alot and made very little eye contact with him. Not great reciprocated chemistry.

I know it was kind of intended as a joke, but when he got the lead in Hamilton and suddenly she was interested, having previously ignored his DMs for years...I felt that it was one of those truth jokes.

I felt that they clearly get on very well and have alot in common, and if he's happy to be totally owned, and she likes a puppy, then it will probably work out.
There's no way he's going to have his head turned. Not sure I can say the same about Carrie as she definitely seems less into him.
This. Spot on analysis. I still don’t personally like Joel but I feel less creeped out by him overall. He’s clearly besotted with Carrie, even if her social media presence and famous family did help intensify those feelings. He clearly sees her as a huge catch and himself as very lucky to have landed her, which isn’t the worst dynamic ever. She’s his dream girl for sure.

Carrie on the other hand, ooft. Just completely awkward. She’s also adopted this blustering attempt at dry humour that doesn’t really suit her. It’s like she knows this is all abit silly and embarrassing so she’s trying to play the whole thing off in this wry ironic way? Idk exactly how to explain it.

I’ll be very curious to see them 6 months from now tbh. Once the honeymoon phase has fully worn off. Will Joel always have Carrie on this pedestal and be happy to play yes man? Because their entire relationship dynamic depends on it. If Joel isn’t able to play that role or is forced to lean on Carrie, I can’t really see her stepping up tbh.

Reactions: 29
i skimmed through the first bit of the live. like everyone else has mentioned carrie’s body language vs joel’s is very telling, and while it makes joel look slightly less unhinged… i don’t think this is the damage control they thought it would be. they still sound insane. they basically admitted they’re still strangers, and that carrie straight up ignored his attempts to even befriend her via dm until after her breakup when she decided she had no standards in the race of turning 30.

we “got” the engagement story in the loosest sense of the word. but like... you guys sat down and chose to do a live together. did you not think people’s first and loudest question would be the engagement story? did you not talk, as you so emphatically say you as a couple do so much of, about whether you would answer that question? and if so, how? carrie looked pissed at quite a few points bc she wasn’t the one in control of the narrative, though she refused to tell the story. and kept interrupting with weird distractions related to edgar. how bizarre is that? wouldn’t you just be gushing about how the love of your life proposed, rather than being preoccupied with your cat?

it’s just so very odd

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I think Carrie wanted to announce the story in a YouTube vlog and monetize it or something. She made comments about the first time you reveal a story being a big deal

Reactions: 18
She really, really is not into him. The only times she genuinely looks happy (for a second) is when the ring / engagement is brought up, but it's clearly her smiling at the fact she's engaged rather than the fact she's engaged TO HIM.

Reactions: 40
Big ups to Carrie for taking one for the team to investigate the thought we've all briefly, remorsefully entertained at least once in our lives while we're at a low point - "what *would* happen if I gave that simp who crawls into my DMs twice a year for the past decade a chance?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
She looks utterly miserable. Her face gives it away. she's also sat ahead of him, and into the camera pouting. He is waaay more into her.

Reactions: 23
She looks utterly miserable. Her face gives it away. she's also sat ahead of him, and into the camera pouting. He is waaay more into her.
Maybe this is the ultimate powerplay by Carrie. She sort of made a big deal about being the woman who always broke up with the horrible man - she was always the dumper, never the dumpee.

So, Oliver threw her dumper identity out of the window. What better way to reclaim your power by being the ultimate dumper? Marry the simp and then divorce him after having a secret emotional affair off on the side because it will come out that the simp was secretly abusive in some way and therefore she escaped an abusive marriage, so her affair can be written off as a victory and her power is restored.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I'm conflicted because I do feel a slight element of sympathy towards Joel because of his inability to see how little Carrie is interested in him, however it doesn't change the SA allegation messages and his overall social media demeanour. Like there's still something very off about him indeed.

Reactions: 31
It's weird watching this line of threads come full circle and go back to feeling sorry for Joel. We've gone through the full range of emotions with him.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I find it very telling that Carrie said she knew/strongly suspected that Joel was about to propose but seemed to do everything in her power to spoil the plans or at least make him panic. What a power trip.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.