Carrie Hope Fletcher #44 red, the colour of Joel’s flags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because dancing (properly) takes effort, hard work and discipline and she has neither.

Even her voice is subpar compared to proper leading ladies because she never put any work into it. She was born with a decent voice and just decided to exploit it until exhaustion.

She'd much rather have things handed on a silver platter than work to earn them.
She wants to still drive the narrative of being a “not properly trained actress making it big.”

She can’t act, dance, or read sheet music (or she insists she can’t bc how can she follow the score of any show if she can’t read sheet music?) Her refusal to improve on these skills are ultimately hurting her career since she’s now doing a panto.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She wants to still drive the narrative of being a “not properly trained actress making it big.”

She can’t act, dance, or read sheet music (or she insists she can’t bc how can she follow the score of any show if she can’t read sheet music?) Her refusal to improve on these skills are ultimately hurting her career since she’s now doing a panto.
i wonder if any of the older/more experienced people she’s worked with on casts/in the industry ever gave her advice on that. like “hey kid your voice is naturally good but you really need to take care of it by continuing to improve it professionally. and you should probably learn these skills now that you’re playing principle roles on the west end stage as an adult or you won’t make it past 30”

Reactions: 13
i wonder if any of the older/more experienced people she’s worked with on casts/in the industry ever gave her advice on that. like “hey kid your voice is naturally good but you really need to take care of it by continuing to improve it professionally. and you should probably learn these skills now that you’re playing principle roles on the west end stage as an adult or you won’t make it past 30”
Even if they don't say it, they must think it. If so many people on here clock her professional shortcomings, it must be painfully obvious to people in MT. Do they care that Carrie rides on her popularity but doesn't have the full capability to back it up in comparison to them? In my (completely different) career a similar situation at work bother me to duck

Would love to know what her reputation is with people who work in MT. It can't be getting better that's for sure 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Carrie is an extremely one note actor, and that one note is definitely ‘young woman with a tragic unrequited love story’. Which makes sense because, by her own admission, crap relationships and heartbreak is the only type of hardship she’s ever experienced in life. So she actually has something to draw on for a performance. Nancy could be a decent fit for her.

I don’t think she currently has the emotional intelligence needed to give a total knockout performance in any role though. The same limitations she has in regards to black and white thinking hold her back as a performer. Until she learns how to properly imagine the world outside of her own narrow perspective she won’t grow or progress (in life or on the stage.)

Reactions: 26
She can't act though, and Nancy needs to be able to act and have a fragility and warmth.

But the oliver revival has gone very quiet so I'm not sure if it's still planned anyway.

I thought she was awful as Fantine personally but I'm not sure if she would go back to les mis again. It would be an awful career move to keep going back to the same show
I wouldn't say she ''can't act', I think that's pretty subjective. Like I said, I saw her as Fantine and she was fine, but what do I know 😂

Reactions: 2
She can act one expression and that’s ‘constipated’. Multi purpose for all expressions with a few eye closes, eyebrow raises and head nods for good measure

• Haha
Reactions: 26
My fave part about Alessia is that she doesn't post anywhere NEAR as much as Carrie and everyone can still tell she's happy and in love. Almost like when it's real you don't have to share it 24/7? What a concept

• Haha
Reactions: 40
In Lucie's defence she will have heard a very tailored, biased, bullshit version from Joel with zero context.

Same as Leigh Francis/Keith Lemon. They won't have seen all of the Facebook screenshots and they won't know how ridiculous the Carrie/Joel showmance timeline is.
What are the Fb screenshots?

I am catching up as I chucked a sickie yesterday, and as I am reading these threads, "Easy on Me" by Adele is playing on the radio - which is about her marriage and subsequent divorce - cue Carrie singing this when (and hopefully when) she dumps the Ogre as the lyrics seem fitting (and she is a perpetual victim)

"Go easy on me, baby
I was still a child
Didn't get the chance to
Feel the world around me
Had no time to choose what I chose to do
So go easy on me

I had good intentions
And the highest hopes"

Reactions: 1
On the contrary, Carrie is a lot like Thumper. Bunnies only "thump" when they are angry, it's the equivalent of her constant online tantrums
My bunny is 1.4kg and I can confirm to this being a fact, if I am late with dinner, she will thump like mad, turn around when I come near and only show her backside to me...

Sounds scarily like Carrie, actually... lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I am just going to say this -

I used to be extremely overweight, more than double the weight I am now - I avoided meet and greets with my favourite artists because I didn't want to be the "fat" fan. I have photos with one of my favourite singers (from when I was big and one from this year after I have lost the weight) and I hate the old photos - it doesn't look like me, I was miserable, it was a horrible time in my life (mental health wise) and I am literally (not even joking) 6 x the size of the singer. I refer to that part of my life as "her" because it isn't me, it was "her" (almost like the "that was Patricia" meme haha).

I would hate it when people would yell things out to me on the street - I had one guy (who I didn't even know, I was just walking along the street) yell from his car "Time to feed the whale!" to which I responded "Good - go get me a Big Mac, I am starving!" - which was satisfying as it took the power away from him, he had nothing over me in which to hurt me with.

It would piss me off that people would judge me based on my size, like - yes, you can SEE that about me, but you don't KNOW me. You're basing your first impression of me by the fact that I am morbidly obese, cool - yet, if you actually took the time to get to know me, you'd see I am pretty cool (I think, anyway - not to sound arrogant haha).

Whilst I agree that the comment made to Carrie is incredibly hurtful - would I share it to a public forum where everybody can see my face and my name? Hell no. Would I let my partner constantly reshare something like that to all of his friends/fans/followers or whatever - also, hell no!

I am not here to tell anyone what they can and can't say - this is a gossip forum after all - just be careful in what you DO say as it could be a triggering point for others who are insecure with their weight/body and they may feel insecure.

Love to all ♥

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
I am just going to say this -

I used to be extremely overweight, more than double the weight I am now - I avoided meet and greets with my favourite artists because I didn't want to be the "fat" fan. I have photos with one of my favourite singers (from when I was big and one from this year after I have lost the weight) and I hate the old photos - it doesn't look like me, I was miserable, it was a horrible time in my life (mental health wise) and I am literally (not even joking) 6 x the size of the singer. I refer to that part of my life as "her" because it isn't me, it was "her" (almost like the "that was Patricia" meme haha).

I would hate it when people would yell things out to me on the street - I had one guy (who I didn't even know, I was just walking along the street) yell from his car "Time to feed the whale!" to which I responded "Good - go get me a Big Mac, I am starving!" - which was satisfying as it took the power away from him, he had nothing over me in which to hurt me with.

It would piss me off that people would judge me based on my size, like - yes, you can SEE that about me, but you don't KNOW me. You're basing your first impression of me by the fact that I am morbidly obese, cool - yet, if you actually took the time to get to know me, you'd see I am pretty cool (I think, anyway - not to sound arrogant haha).

Whilst I agree that the comment made to Carrie is incredibly hurtful - would I share it to a public forum where everybody can see my face and my name? Hell no. Would I let my partner constantly reshare something like that to all of his friends/fans/followers or whatever - also, hell no!

I am not here to tell anyone what they can and can't say - this is a gossip forum after all - just be careful in what you DO say as it could be a triggering point for others who are insecure with their weight/body and they may feel insecure.

Love to all ♥
Thank you for sharing this. x

Reactions: 9
While she could sing it. Fiona tap dances up a storm in Shrek. So that’s a no.
Was this because Sutton foster originated the role? Did Kimberly Walsh tap dance when she did it? I know when wizard of oz was on and Michael Crawford was the wizard he would dance in a song in act one but when it became Russel grant who couldn’t move that changed it to him wafting scarves around. But in so many ways I can’t see Carrie as Fiona.

Reactions: 1

All while ignoring the fact she wouldn't be anywhere without her brothers name and her social media following. Her social media following has an element of luck to it too, she happened to start youtube at the right time when it was newish and had favourable algorithms. She wouldn't have the following she does now if she was starting now, or it certainly wouldn't grow as quickly. She also isn't anywhere near as likeable now

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.