Carrie Hope Fletcher #44 red, the colour of Joel’s flags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just find it so funny that they went straight from the engagement story to a conversation about how they haven't really spent much time together

• Haha
Reactions: 38
So… you haven’t seen your fiancé properly in ‘AGES’ because of conflicting work schedule and last night was their first night together in a while and they…..

Did an Instagram live? And this doesn’t seem at all strange to their ‘fans’?!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Calling it now - they’ll be some kind of post today about she’s so incredibly tired from rehearsals, and that’s why she might have looked bored last night…. She’s not dead behind the eyes and empty of love guys… she’s just tired because she’s the first person to EVER have rehearsals (for a villain - who probably only has about 20 minute stage time?)

I’ll never be able to have sympathy for Joel after the messages about SA and not so casual racism. He’s a creep, who Carrie will double down, marry and have all the babies with just to prove us haters wrong.
Ice seen the SA messages mentioned a few times. Any idea where they can be seen? I have not seen any of this I’ve only recently seen Joel existed via the holiday/engagement posts.

I think she said that she 'felt like' she couldn't put her ornaments on the main tree and so had a 'classy tree' and a 'tacky tree'. This is from the same place as her throwing away her mugs that she thought Oliver didn't approve of. He probably didn't say anything but she knew that his taste leaned more towards classic, traditional stuff and so she was desperately trying to mould herself into his ideal partner. She called her ornaments tacky, not him.
Now that she's found herself a man-child then she's turning into a stroppy toddler. Do we even know the real Carrie, or have we always seen the person she wants to be to fit in with whoever her current boyfriend is?
I’m pretty sure tacky tree predates Oliver!

I think the wiki needs updating with Joel stuff- I’d do it myself but I have no idea how to 😂

Reactions: 4
when me and my boyfriend have had a busy few weeks and finally have a night off together, we both make sure we have absolutely nothing else to do and we spend the night catching up with eachother and spending quality time, no phones or other people, especially not a bleeping instagram live! such a weird thing to choose to do.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I thought it was not very nice of her not trying to play along once she suspected that something was up. Definitely a Narcissistic trait to try to worry, ruin someone's plan. She is mean and she does not truly love him.
Yeah what was up with that?
I did feel sympathy for him then. He obviously went to a LOT of effort. Using theatres that meant a lot to her, getting the theatre cafe involved, a treasure hunt etc
Rather than do the nice thing when she realised something was ‘up’ and play along she insisted on going to the Victoria Palace, insisted on sitting outside. She KNEW something was going on and rather than give herself over to the moment of it (a birthday surprise, or a proposal) she had to be in control and spoil it. Several times in the live he said ‘but you didn’t realise something was going on, it was a surprise’ and she just couldn’t please him by just saying ‘yes’. She talked around it. She completely knew. And yet she just couldn’t bring herself to enjoy or allow him to have his moment.
She couldn’t have looked less ‘engaged’ in telling the story. Barely smiled or looked excited while adding her bits? He looked thrilled. The whole thing was awkward to watch. The fake yawning (a cover for embarrassment?/distraction technique) was so odd too?
For two creative people, they rambled, talked over each other and the live was waaaaaay too long. Just get to the edited highlights?
Also to those who say Carrie was forced into it. Can you imagine anyone forcing an ego like that into anything?

Reactions: 43
when me and my boyfriend have had a busy few weeks and finally have a night off together, we both make sure we have absolutely nothing else to do and we spend the night catching up with eachother and spending quality time, no phones or other people, especially not a bleeping instagram live! such a weird thing to choose to do.
Problem is influencers and vloggers who spend their lives online have such a distorted view of reality and normality, they go straight to the online world instead of the real one

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Now that she's found herself a man-child then she's turning into a stroppy toddler. Do we even know the real Carrie, or have we always seen the person she wants to be to fit in with whoever her current boyfriend is?
This is like storyline in Runaway Bride with Julia Roberts' character not knowing how she likes her eggs for breakfast as she always fit in with whatever partner she was with at the time liked best!

Reactions: 17
Yeah what was up with that?
I did feel sympathy for him then. He obviously went to a LOT of effort. Using theatres that meant a lot to her, getting the theatre cafe involved, a treasure hunt etc
Rather than do the nice thing when she realised something was ‘up’ and play along she insisted on going to the Victoria Palace, insisted on sitting outside. She KNEW something was going on and rather than give herself over to the moment of it (a birthday surprise, or a proposal) she had to be in control and spoil it. Several times in the live he said ‘but you didn’t realise something was going on, it was a surprise’ and she just couldn’t please him by just saying ‘yes’. She talked around it. She completely knew. And yet she just couldn’t bring herself to enjoy or allow him to have his moment.
She couldn’t have looked less ‘engaged’ in telling the story. Barely smiled or looked excited while adding her bits? He looked thrilled. The whole thing was awkward to watch. The fake yawning (a cover for embarrassment?/distraction technique) was so odd too?
For two creative people, they rambled, talked over each other and the live was waaaaaay too long. Just get to the edited highlights?
Also to those who say Carrie was forced into it. Can you imagine anyone forcing an ego like that into anything?
It took them about 20 mins to get to the engagement story. There was a lot of talking over each other and interrupting.
Carrie looked bored and mildly annoyed by Joel the entire time.

Before we were telling Carrie to get out. Now I think Joel needs to be the one to leave

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It took them about 20 mins to get to the engagement story. There was a lot of talking over each other and interrupting.
Carrie looked bored and mildly annoyed by Joel the entire time.

Before we were telling Carrie to get out. Now I think Joel needs to be the one to leave
A full circle moment. If the live was damage control for Joel it worked. I was left feeling the same. He’s going to get his heart broken. If that was meant to show them in the first blush of love then all I can say is, it’s very one sided.
Rather than convincing us, Carrie needs to convince herself.

Did anyone else notice she couldn’t remember the name of the film they went to see on their perfect first date. You know, the one he had the quote from TATTOOED ON HIS ARM?

So special.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
They remind me of two friends of mine. One got married to someone who, to those looking in, was like a mate. They got on, but zero sexual chemistry. They got divorced 6 months later, and my friend later said, she knew as she was walking down the aisle she didn’t want to, but felt like she couldn’t stop it because of expectation and expense. Another was in her early 30’s and had wanted to be married by 30 (sound familiar 😜) She then met someone who had a good job and wanted marriage and kids too. He just wasn’t who I thought she’d marry, the opposite in many ways to what she’d previously said she liked in a man/relationship. She even spoke of the ick early on... Anyway, they quickly got engaged and married, then got pregnant. Now the babies here, like for many, she’s really struggling and is shattered. She looks at him like she has major ick, he seems like he doesn’t enjoy being around her. It’s really sad. It feels like to them, the marriage was the wedding and honeymoon, and they forgot they had to live together and spend the rest of their lives with each other. Both remind me of them.
(Just a side note, I help out my friend with her baby as often as I can, and she is ok)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Still baffles me that while they were telling their story they did not once hold hands, squeeze one another, god forbid give a peck, just anything remotely loving and romantic. 🤯

Reactions: 36
I still find Joel grim but the live is a reminder that Carrie is just so unpleasant as a person. There is a very similar attitude to how she spoke to Pete - she seems bored, disgusted and abrasive. She claims she loves feeling supported and having nice things done for her, but in reality it seems to give her the ick. She can't help but intentionally dismiss his actions, even when it comes to the engagement she claims she wanted more than anything. If my fiance had this attitude to our engagement story it would crush me!!

She is a deeply bitter and unpleasant person, seeing her live just reinforces that. If Joel wasn't so grim himself I would feel sorry for him, but I genuinely do think they deserve each other at this point- he has no sense of appropriate behaviour and is massively icky, she is mean, cold and impossible to please. Carrie thinks we are all jealous but their relationship looks like genuine hell to me and actually makes me appreciate my own relationship a lot more! They are both going to be incredibly unhappy, anyone can see that from the live.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Guys, she’s clearly just method acting Carabosse for her gruelling upcoming pantomime. That’s obviously why she’s being so vile 😉
I still can’t stop laughing at Joel’s story with “#thatsmile” as she looks miserable and does a massive huff before noticing the camera 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I also thought it was very odd Carrie got so annoyed at Joel for making other plans on their time off together - when they didn't even have plans. She seemed to imply that if they are both not working, they will be with each other - I'd be pissed off if every time I was seeing my friend they brought their boyfriend along just because he was free. It's important to spend time with your friends without your partners.

Also, I don't see how their schedule is harder to manage than most people - they don't get weekends but neither do so many couples. And they may not have evenings but they both start work so much later than everyone else. I literally am away for work for about 1/3 of the year and I don't complain about not being able to see people.

Reactions: 27
“Words of affirmation” The Shreks like being told how great they are- colour me shocked 🤣. Gifts should be higher on hers- she loves a freebie

Nothing wrong with it- I love giving people gifts so it’s probably mine but Cazza ain’t being honest tuyere 🤣

Reactions: 17
6B18E34A-F170-479E-9590-20B1067F5009.png

Anyone else find this strange? Like the phrasing backs up the just want to be married narrative?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
I was directed here from another thread a while back and I've spent a few weeks catching up on this gigantic shitshow relationship and I only have this to say...

WTF?!

The whole thing is bizarre, unsettling and clearly unhealthy.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.