Callie Thorpe #4 The Con Corner, enabling Callie to make money standing on her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quite a lot of projection going on further up this page and it's sad to see. loving all the challenges in response though! Callie might be annoying at times but assuming everything negative in her life is to do with her weight, is the very definition of weight stigma

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I saw her mate with the eyebrows threw her under the bus this morning..she posted that she was out with her with an another instahun Mila on Wednesday. If you are going to lie about being unwell you might want to let your mates in on the secret.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I saw her mate with the eyebrows threw her under the bus this morning..she posted that she was out with her with an another instahun Mila on Wednesday. If you are going to lie about being unwell you might want to let your mates in on the secret.
Milawears I guess ?

Reactions: 2
Quite a lot of projection going on further up this page and it's sad to see. loving all the challenges in response though! Callie might be annoying at times but assuming everything negative in her life is to do with her weight, is the very definition of weight stigma
Not everything. If she was suddenly thin, she might even have a worse personality lol

We all know fat people can have kids and always have. And there is also people who drink and smoke all their life and live a long happy life.
And thin people have health problems too...
But Callie just looks very uncomfortable now.

And I can understand. As someone who has been more or less fat all my adult life, I can't pretend the amount (level?) of fatness doesn't make a difference. Yes you can be healthy and fat. But if you are morbidly obese, it's another story. I am a UK size 20 (have been for years now), lucky to have no health problems so far but I struggle sometimes, less flexibility, less breath and the body can feel so heavy.

If body positivity means everybody has self worth and deserves the same respect, obviously. But physically it's not the same in general if you are a size 16 or a 32. It's not being fatphobic, it's just facts, concrete reality.

And above all, why lying ? Pretending to do sports regularly, eat only vegetables. Never a chip or a chocolate cake in sight. That's the worst thing with Callie (and others). Not relatable at all. I love vegetables and desserts (it's about my taste and education, not my size). You can love both. Just be real, first and foremost for your fat followers. You didn't gain all this weight living on love alone.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
she doesn't owe her followers anything though and it really isn't any of our business 🤷‍♀️ I mean I know that makes no sense given we're on tattle 😂 but I dunno, there's way more to get riled up about than whether you think someone's being a 'good' fat role model or not.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
she doesn't owe her followers anything though and it really isn't any of our business 🤷‍♀️ I mean I know that makes no sense given we're on tattle 😂 but I dunno, there's way more to get riled up about than whether you think someone's being a 'good' fat role model or not.
Except it's her followers that pay her bills 🙄

Reactions: 2
So does my employer for me but it doesn’t mean they get to violate me?

There’s definitely a whole convo/dissertation to be had about the lines influencers blur between pal and sales person, and the backlash against them, and (minor) celebrity and gossip but there will always be things that are just a line crossed to discuss - eg fertility, death.

Reactions: 4
So does my employer for me but it doesn’t mean they get to violate me?

There’s definitely a whole convo/dissertation to be had about the lines influencers blur between pal and sales person, and the backlash against them, and (minor) celebrity and gossip but there will always be things that are just a line crossed to discuss - eg fertility, death.
I've no idea why this thread turned into a discussion about her fertility tbh.

Idk what’s gone on with tattle recently but have noticed some really bad vibes people derailing threads or just commenting the most juvenile Facebook comments level tit (not you). I’ve reported so much the last few days it’s unreal. Wonder where this low quality traffic has come from 😳

Reactions: 5
In which case I think it's fair to have a view on the Con Club and the endless trips away but it doesn't quite stretch to having a right to her body size, how she chooses to portray it, or her fertility. Christ on a bike, if my employer felt they had those rights to me just because they pay my salary, I'd be fewmin.

• Heart
Idk what’s gone on with tattle recently but have noticed some really bad vibes people derailing threads or just commenting the most juvenile Facebook comments level tit (not you). I’ve reported so much the last few days it’s unreal. Wonder where this low quality traffic has come from 😳
I've noticed this too, I'm all for people having the freedom to speak as they feel but some of the points being made are ' pointless' especially the ones with regards to her fertility. None of us are privy to her medical history and I've followed her for a while having children is something I've never seen her speak about ( she may have, I've not seen it) and tbh I couldn't care less about that ...I do however care that she is running a scam fleecing vulnerable women and I do have an opinion on the fact she is apparently constantly unwell but still manages to take up the feeebie travels and nights out ...and being caught out again for being dishonest...

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't need models really but she pretends to give advice on being fat life.
Her attitude is awful enough.

Someone mentioned it and reactions followed. It's not something (whether they planned to have kids or not) Callie has mentioned for a long time, as far as I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Is she still getting money and freebies! Yawn!
fake fake fake is all I can say about her and con corner. Don’t call me babes!!

Reactions: 4
I mean I guess the difference between an employer and an influencer is that callie happily takes money off vulnerable women and gives them absolutely nothing in return

Reactions: 9
I mean I guess the difference between an employer and an influencer is that callie happily takes money off vulnerable women and gives them absolutely nothing in return
Agree and that’s actually worth discussing, rather than speculating on her fertility? Also there’s kind of lines of common decency - someone can scam or be vile or even be a criminal but it doesn’t mean we need to stoop as low as to make up tit about her ability to conceive and carry a child (or desire to). Like that’s gross and highly triggering for other people reading the thread too.

Not to keep bringing up this, but just sort of have something to add about the discussions about her fertility / weight. I am happy to see some of you standing up for her. She does actually say in the article I'll link at the bottom, that she wants to start a family, but I also think everything else she says is pretty important because I empathise with her. I don't really know whether or not her wanting a family makes a difference if the logic you preach is her "happiness."

I appreciate that it might seem clear that she would be more comfortable at a lower weight, she has never seemed quite as confident or happy at her size as other plus-size influencers, but I think what divides some of us is whether or not that itself is worth criticising. If anything, I kind of appreciate her honesty at times about embracing who you are, but given we live in a fatphobic society, I wish more plus-size influencers would admit that most of us don't want to be this way- it sucks. Society treats us as sub-human because we're fat.

Even if losing weight would solve all her problems (we know better though, it wouldn't), it's just not that easy, is it? I genuinely believe, given my own experience, nobody in the world chooses to be fat- at best, we just accept it because tackling eating disorders, dopamine addictions, trauma, compulsions and so on isn't easy, regardless of your resources. It does feel like some of you on here are just finding ways around hating a fat person, like her weight is just low-hanging fruit to you. It's okay for people to show their prideful, "good" moments in life, unless it comes to the food they're eating? It's okay for her to show the meals she's proud of making and eating, and not the stuff she isn't- thin people do this too, it's just all of a sudden a fat person eating a vegetable is conspicuous enough to ask questions, questions that are maybe not that important.

If you want to judge her on the basis of her being fat, whatever, but don't reframe it as 'she's holding her happiness back.' Nobody would do this intentionally, you really are just finding a workaround criticising her weight, and I'm sure enough people in her life haven't already done that!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Not to keep bringing up this, but just sort of have something to add about the discussions about her fertility / weight. I am happy to see some of you standing up for her. She does actually say in the article I'll link at the bottom, that she wants to start a family, but I also think everything else she says is pretty important because I empathise with her. I don't really know whether or not her wanting a family makes a difference if the logic you preach is her "happiness."

I appreciate that it might seem clear that she would be more comfortable at a lower weight, she has never seemed quite as confident or happy at her size as other plus-size influencers, but I think what divides some of us is whether or not that itself is worth criticising. If anything, I kind of appreciate her honesty at times about embracing who you are, but given we live in a fatphobic society, I wish more plus-size influencers would admit that most of us don't want to be this way- it sucks. Society treats us as sub-human because we're fat.

Even if losing weight would solve all her problems (we know better though, it wouldn't), it's just not that easy, is it? I genuinely believe, given my own experience, nobody in the world chooses to be fat- at best, we just accept it because tackling eating disorders, dopamine addictions, trauma, compulsions and so on isn't easy, regardless of your resources. It does feel like some of you on here are just finding ways around hating a fat person, like her weight is just low-hanging fruit to you. It's okay for people to show their prideful, "good" moments in life, unless it comes to the food they're eating? It's okay for her to show the meals she's proud of making and eating, and not the stuff she isn't- thin people do this too, it's just all of a sudden a fat person eating a vegetable is conspicuous enough to ask questions, questions that are maybe not that important.

If you want to judge her on the basis of her being fat, whatever, but don't reframe it as 'she's holding her happiness back.' Nobody would do this intentionally, you really are just finding a workaround criticising her weight, and I'm sure enough people in her life haven't already done that!
Hmmm not quite sure what to say… I’m pretty confident that most people on this thread are annoyed that callie rips off people for a ridiculous price each month to talk about issues that she is in no way qualified for and neither is her mate for that matter. She is a fake and people would be calling her out on that regardless of her size! I can guarantee she would be alot happier if she actually started looking after her health (not just her weight)

You lost me at "her honesty"😂
That's the main problem to me. She isn't being honest at all, about anything.
I started following her longtime ago for fashion tips and she seemed a nice girl at the moment. I imagine most of her followers are fat women too so we don’t (didn't) watch her to criticise her weight and we know the struggles. She gave up her "normal" job, lost herself in delusions of grandeur and stopped being relatable. So sorry I don't buy her actual BS and hypocrisy. She would sell her mother grandpa if she could.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.