Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bagpuss7

VIP Member
Is she seriously moaning that granch has to wait to see a dermatologist?? People have died because they cant get treatment for illnesses because of the pandemic...that we are still in! Is she really that shocked waiting lists are so long. She is so fucking annoying!!! Obvs poor granch but poor thousands of other people too who are awaiting treatments! Myself included!
Unbelievable!!! There are people that are waiting for cancer treatment and to have limbs replaced and she's got the audacity to go online and complain about a skin condition!!

I'm sure if she looked in one of her drawers she might be able to pull out one of the many creams she's been gifted over the last year! Or how about use some of the membership money she has conned out of people and pay for a private appointment for him!!

She really has got some front coming online to bitch like that!

Reactions: 12

Houseplantkiller

I'd like her to talk more openly about her binge eating disorder. It could help a lot of her followers, instead of pretending she/lauren have a great life by being confident and charging followers to find out their 'secret' when really they are suffering, and self harming with food. we got a glimpse of authenticity there.

• Heart

Bagpuss7

VIP Member
I also think after the initial get to know everyone it will become one of those sites that people come to off load and unless you are in a similar head space it all gets very very depressing.

I'm a member of a FREE Facebook group and it's a lovely group of women but there are lots of women that post who have some really serious sad stuff going on in their lives with relationships, eating disorders, body confidence etc, and whilst these groups are very supportive and people always offer advice, it's very clear that lots of them need professional help.

Knowing how deep seated plus size issues go I think it's incredibly arrogant and foolish for Callie to think she is remotely qualified to set something like this up, let alone charge for it.

• Sad
  • Heart

Bagpuss7

VIP Member
I think all of the things people have said are exactly right. I think that's the particular reason the Cosmo front cover featuring her rubbed so many people up the wrong way. It just wasn't authentic and was clearly an opportunity to promote her personal "brand" in a way that actually in the long term is so much worse because perceived authenticity is what gives influencers so much clout. When they lose that there really is nothing left to do but sell crap.

I remember when she used to also speak on things like travelling as plus size woman, cultural reactions to that in other countries, practicalities around plane travel etc. I feel like things like that used to really help people. I feel like there are lots of genuine opportunities being missed by her and others to actually grow their platforms by focusing on this sort of content. Lifestyle influencers selling Method cleaning products and Elemis or god knows whatever else is the latest thing are literally two a penny. And I think the pandemic has meant in general people have a lot less time and patience for all that BS consumerism!
But wasn't that one of the issues with her and her trips away ? Because they were freebies all her comments were " everything is amazing babes" ...she missed a real opportunity to actually give real / negative comments/ tips / advice on the various experiences she was gifted because she didn't want to upset the brand and for the freebies to dry up ! ...for example the Orient Express freebie, did she honestly expect us all to believe a person of her size had zero issues being on a narrow train with standard seating and beds etc ?

She's a liar and a fake...all about the freebies with her !

• Wow

Spec

The fact Plymouth Gin have given her a holiday has legit infuriated me.

• Sad
  • Wow

hiya_hun

VIP Member
So she sells vulnerable women subscriptions to ‘the confidence corner’ …. And she’s posted saying she didn’t feel confident at a photo shoot …. So what exactly are these girls getting for their money? Because if she doesn’t feel confident till (in her words) people hype her up… how can she expect to help others. It’s daylight robbery.

Houseplantkiller

Lauren's page has a waitlist for the con corner in her bio! A waiting list for an online subscription! and describes herself as an 'entrepreneur'.....

• Haha

Hereforthehottea

VIP Member
Wonder if they would have left if it had been a gifted meal?! Press trip or whatever bollocks she normally comes out with?!

• Haha
  • Heart

Pegsypog

Just looked at her Instagram, you are so right. She’s after a ‘come back again as a freebie‘. She’s just not used to paying for stuff. I think it looked beautiful. She couldn’t have hated it that much if she’s like to go back again as long as it’s #gifted
She didn’t need to say anything if she didn’t like it. So many businesses struggling and a word like that from an influencer can impact a business.
All she could say is “I had a good time with my friends” or nothing at all

• Heart
I’ve never seen her garden from that angle or heard her speak about that, so to me it was a shock. Similar to the way I’ve only seen her eating healthy food.
I’m not going after you here but both are so obvious they don’t require disclosure? I’m assuming you don’t live in London / possibly have never been but 98% of properties here will be over looked. It’s such a normal thing it would be odder for her to discuss it. Similarly you don’t get that large or undergo rapid weight gain eating just Waitrose salads.

This chain of conversation has lost me in the thread, it’s like expecting her to confirm her name every morning?

• Heart

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
As much as Callie irritates me, I do feel for her. She clearly has deep rooted issues that need a professional to help resolve. But it’s like she can’t see that? She seems to go in an endless cycle of obvious depression / binge eating for extended periods / pretence for the sake of IG / post about how terrible she has felt for X amount of time / resolve / plan to get better with a focus on ‘self care’ eg farmers market trips, bike rides, swimming, gifted trips .... repeat 🤷🏻‍♀️

It’s infuriating to witness especially now that she’s positioned herself as some sort of curator / guide for plus size people via The Confidence Corner!

She needs therapy to get to the bottom of her emotional problems and only then really will she have any sort of control over her eating / depression/ low mood problems.

Potato_waffle

Chatty Member
Honestly 🙄 I used to love Callie, blog days and early insta days. But as many have said, she has definitely lost her way 'influencing'. I feel like it was fine when it was more a hobby, but she's just grasping at everything now, she won't put in the work and just advertises any old shit now. At least be consistent! The con corner feels like a last ditch, panic attempt to have 'influencing' make her some money. Which I cant believe it seems to be doing! I feel like these girls are paying £15 a month to have her as an almost Facebook friend!

You can go follow about a hundred plus size influencers on Instagram and you'll get the same sort of thing she's trying to flog, but for free. Good thing is, she never seems to want to put the work in for too long, so hopefully the girls signing up will see sense after paying 15 quid to simply be told on a monthly basis 'you're amazing BABE' and not much else!

I've seen a lot of the PS influences take a bit of a back seat when they lose their way or their niche and crack on with normal life, a normal job and just do a bit on the side. That's what she needs to do.

Sorry for the rant, but looooong term lurker who has just become more irate seeing the absolute cheek of seeing her fleece people for no effort

areyouokhunz

Chatty Member
Can someone tell me what the confidence corner actually does?? Eyebrows is always on about how busy she is with it, inbetween holidays, drinking & online dating. Callie rarely talks about it, disappears for weeks until theirs a freebie event or get away...what are people paying for?!
Nothing, they have a ‘speaker’ now and then on a random day on zoom and share what they already basically shared on their instagrams in the past. Oh yeah and a Facebook group you are part of…. That’s it

• Wow
  • Sad

Listerfiend

Chatty Member
Strange how Callie always manages to pull herself out of her ‘mental funk’ when there is travel or a hotel stay or a press event involved eh? Weird 🤷🏼‍♀️

They will be writing this trip off as a business expense.

• Heart

Chip1984

VIP Member
Her review of the Handmaid's Tale: "it's so good" - is that it??? Don't give up the day job, Callie. Oh, wait....you don't have one!

• Haha

thegoodplace

Now we’ve seen how overlooked their garden is, I feel sorry for the upstairs neighbours. The outdoor movie screen/hot tub/loud music would drive me absolutely insane.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

AuntieSocial

I’m unconvinced the Con Corner is the big hit Callie was making it out to be. She said in a story the other that she’s not in the best head space just now, which seems an odd thing to say during this supposedly exciting time.

I also thought that the recent ‘we’re hiring’ post was utter bull. My feeling is it was put up to make the site look like it’s a big hit and get that FOMO rushing. After all the hype they have to deliver but membership will soon drop off when people realise it’s a total waste of money.

controlledrage

My weight has been up and down over the years. I was size 26 a few years ago and it was just so uncomfortable every day. I was always able to put my arms down by my sides though, I always think that’s a sign you’re realllllly big. Her arms have been sticking out for a while and she doesn’t seem to have a neck? Eating disorders aren’t pretty or easy to solve but I hope she gets help soon, she’s obviously stuck in a bad cycle. She could still be at risk of serious complications if she caught covid too, even though she’s double vaxxed.