Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jackjack38

VIP Member
Little girl on the Toy Show had money raised for her prosthetic leg after amputation because of a tumour....Ryan asked them what they did with the extra money, buy herself something nice? No....they donated all the leftover money to charties around Ireland.
Shannen needs to learn a lesson from this little girl.
Thought the exact same thing. What a beautiful little girl😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Missymeister

Of course the actual treatment is funded. The cost for her family is not state funded, that is the expensive part!
It sure is the expensive part and I for one know that……I lost my home last year as a result of getting into so much arrears and debt as a result of not being able to keep my head above water after going through breast cancer treatment as a single parent of a teenager who was born with a very serious heart defect and has had interventions and surgery almost every year of his life. I had to borrow from my elderly parents to pay my bills and it has affected my mental health so badly. I genuinely felt sick to my stomach last week seeing all the Black Friday swipe ups and #af as if she was doing us all a favour. There are NO excuses for her behaviour and Saoirses family are an example of what’s good in this world while Shannon’s are an example of all that’s wrong. Sorry but I had to get that off my chest

• Heart

Teenytot

VIP Member
I am not a fan of hers. I do not enjoy her Instagram page. I do not enjoy her content. Where would anyone be without any gfm? What is the point in donating if you are going to be this bitter about them having money? I hope your family member never has to go through a bone marrow transplant. Its a horrible stressful time, the chances of death are high, God knows how she'll see her daughter because her immune system is going to be at an all time low in the midst of covid, the fact she doesn't have a family match increases her risk of complications, all speaking from experience. Had it tough because didn't have a gfm, in and out of hospital for more than 2 years, but still wouldn't begrudge her for having it slightly easier during a shit time! Once she is better totally hound her wondering where the money went or if she'll donate some, but at the end of the day she is still battling a killer disease she's had for the 3rd time!
Yes my sibling did, I know how stressful it was trying to find a doner to save his life, I know how shit the rest of us felt not being a match, he finally got a match from abroad,he spent 8 months living in a hospital but my parents never took a penny from anyone. His treatment was funded as is hers and they made it work. They made sacrifices like every other family in Ireland who have a loved one battling cancer do.

• Heart
I too find her completely unrelateable, I think most people with cancer have changed their attitude towards her. A few months ago everyone felt sorry for her, she was discussed at chemo but this morning when I was getting Bloodtests another girl was saying they couldn't understand the celebrations when she has a bone marrow transplant to go.

It's so premature and how is she so cocky and sure she's getting rid of it for good when it's back for the third time?
I would be anxious if I was her, it's unusual to be so so nonchalant about it given her track record.

Also eejits like Doireann Garrihy going on about how she's so brave etc, nobody with cancer is brave, we have no choice but to remain positive and get on with it.

• Heart

Quackers

VIP Member
We never got to celebrate. We celebrated our sons life at his funeral. So many don’t get any celebration. Between this one and the gorry one I’m rightly peed off tonight.

I get that it’s momentous for her. But even she’s been here before. Has she not the cop to know that there are no certainties.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

MrsGyllenhall

VIP Member
SO much raised for her in a few days..now new jeep etc..personally if i contributed to the GoFund me wouldnt be happy its not like the money was spent on actual treatment..just to live the high life🤔🤔I see soo many worthy go fund me pages..where the money raised is for LIFE saving treatment abroad..not to fund a lavish lifestyle😡She is not exactly a role model in the pandemic either out & about all the time mixing..shes defo too sweet to be wholesome!

Reactions: 26

Julyrain

I'm mortified for her, 176k and she's just living the high life. People donated that in good faith during really tough times..she would want to donate a massive chunk of it to charity. Actually disgusting how she's just indulging and sees nothing wrong with it. As someone above said it's not being used for life saving treatment, no a brand new car and date nights 🙄

Reactions: 25

Mona86

VIP Member
This go fund me really bugged me. Within hours it was 50-60k, she kept talking about closing it but it was only closed when it got to €176k and the donations actually stopped. 3 days in a row it was meant to be stopped. I think it’s a holy disgrace. I was one of the first people to see it & I donated €100. Had I known then what would happen I would have kept my €100. I do not consent to funding hotel stays, beauty treatments and potentially IVF. She has become an insta beggar, grabbing freebies & without her cancer story she’s dull. No sense of fashion or style. Nothing interesting about her & a little too Sarcastic for me. I’m disgusted & anyone who doesn’t think the baby grow thing was a ploy to build a following is delusional. She’s Rachel Gorry part 2. Bit of a sob story but a spineless greedy person underneath. And her preaching yesterday about covid - you two faced cow.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Just after watching the latest stories... Obviously hope she hasn’t been given bad news on the health front. I can’t help but think though that she will ultimately ‘reveal’ why she’s been so “emosh” and it’ll just be some reshuffling of the treatment plan and she’ll say that any change at all worries her or something like that. 🙄 Because let’s be real here - and there are others on this thread also dealing with serious illness who could confirm or deny, I’m sure - if you’d got actual bad news from your doctors, I doubt one of the first things you’d do would be to get on Instagram to drop vague statements about something going on and being upset and triggered. It’s like she thinks she’s on some reality show; it’s a bit formulaic now TBH.
Oh and the asking for restaurant recommendations- puh-lease!!!! 🙄 When I want to try something new, I Google it! Read some menus, look at reviews. FFS - talk about being obvious about looking for another free treat. Give me a fucking break, like. You can well afford to buy your own meals; leave the charity for people who need it. You’ve got enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Whodoithinkiam

She would really want to lay off the AF links.
She was so greedy all black Friday week, let it go now and show some class.
In Fact all the bloggers need to take a long hard look at themselves and their behaviour.

I could not give a hoot about presents this year(I have them all bought as there's a chance I can get sick at anytime so need to be organised).

What most people have learnt this year is the importance of family and shared experiences and time together. That's what Christmas is about, nobody needs 20 pairs of trainers or more stretchy leggings or hair stylers or fake tan or lounge wear.

Hopefully we will all get time with the people we love. Hope you're all looking forward to some nice family time, what a year!

I think if I had just come through my third chemo journey and heading into a second stem cell transplant I would be focused on time with my family, get off social media for a few weeks and make some special memories.

Being a media hub, does seem to be her life goal right now, it's a pity she hasn't learnt more from her journey but I think she's really quite vacuous.

I was told last week this is most likely my last Christmas, my heart is broken, but it really makes you grateful for everyday and grateful for such wonderful support. Family is everything x
reading this has really broken my heart 💔 what a strong inspirational lady you are , getting that news and still carry on everyday I don’t think I’d be that strong if it was me . I am praying for you so so hard , praying that you have the most magical Xmas with the ones you love and praying that 2021 brings wonderful memories and special times for you but most of all I’m praying and pleading with him up stairs for a miracle for you and I’ll never stop praying . Wishing you all the best ❤ And if you ever need anything like absolutely anything at all it doesn’t matter what it is please please message me or any of the ladies on here and I am sure we will do everything in our power to help with your request xx

• Heart

Bustyhazy

Is it just me or is it people think ah leave the girl alone she’s had cancer if anyone says anything bad about her account. There’s 2 accounts I follow hers and another person and I find that if they get hate it’s oh xyz had cancer leave them alone.
I’m sick of people using cancer as an excuse, my friends in remission and she certainly didn’t use cancer as an excuse just sickens me 😡

• Heart

Lucydowl

VIP Member
I thought the fundraiser was for treatment. And while I think any amount of money should be raised to go anywhere for treatment to save someone's life, it hasn't been used that way. From eyelash extensions, microblading, to nails, massages, break paid for in Castlemartyr resort suite (I've only ever passed the gates), clothes, etc. Splash the cash indeed.
I also think the use of the money for ivf for afterwards wasn't in the initial plans during fundraising.
Cancer treatment is free in Ireland. This was a -play on peoples kindness. God forgive her and anyone that uses cancer for monetary purposes. Anyone notice she’s had to stop referring to her oncologist personally on Instagram as if she was his only patient. 🤬🤬He and his staff hate that. So unprofessional.

Wheres reality

VIP Member
I feel this one gets a very hard time, I don’t follow her but I have watched stories occasionally and I did donate to her go fund me, she seems to have been through a lot for such a young woman and she seems pretty upbeat on stories.
She gets a hard time for being shady Af . Not for having cancer . There's a difference.

estherday23

C

i think his employers were over generous giving him time off but then she told everyone he would have to give up work to care for her hence the go fund me . A load of lies preying on the kindness of people who could ill afford donations.
I understand that they’ve bills to pay and a child to care for but my dad had several operations and treatments the past 3 years for colan cancer and he didn’t need a go fund me. I hate this because now I really am doubtful of go fund me pages because so many are disingenuous

JJJ1234

Chatty Member
No, she looked for money for specific things. She listed the specific things.
She should have been transparent about it.
Most people don't donate to a go fund me for the fun of it.
Agreed. Shannen also set a specific amount (€10,000) for those things. It would be great if these pages closed when the goal is reached but, obviously, it does not. I do acknowledge that people did continue to donate knowing that the goal had been reached but, as her situation has not changed since then, it is unconscionable that she keep the excess funds raised. How does she even justify keeping the EXTRA €146,000? 146 THOUSAND EURO?!
There are so many people who need support that can only come from exterior means. Families who need specific medical equipment for their children to enable them to just get out of the house often cannot pay for these items and have to wait years sometimes to get government funding, just to give one example. So many people in this forum have pointed out that Shannen could have shared the excess with others. She has not, at least not publicly. There has to be a way, therefore, to strip Shannen and those like her of the money that was raised over and above the goal stated at the start of the GFM.
Re: affiliated links- if there is a market for people to make money on Insta I have no issue with that. I can unfollow if I don’t like it. However, that is not the type of page that she set up. It is not a fashion/home decor/lifestyle page that is worked on and gives value that is then rewarded with the opportunity to monetize. Her page is not that. Her appeal is based on her story of dealing with an illness. It has now evolved into a money grabbing exercise. The clear attempt recently to hide the af links on ads showed the game that she is now playing and to me, reflects very poorly on her character.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Wheres reality

VIP Member
Stop preaching guidelines when you can't follow them yourself shannen. She has seen more and visited more places than I have in weeks

• Heart

Mona86

VIP Member
It’s all about attention & she picks & chooses the reason. Last chemo let’s celebrate. Second last chemo let’s celebrate. Lockdown let’s celebrate. I was on a podcast let’s celebrate. Transplant is over let’s celebrate. OR when she’s in a different mood for attention (when the heat is on her or she’s caught out sharing AF links).... poor me last night out before transplant, poor me all alone for transplant, poor me and my free PR gifts by the fire. Poor old vulnerable me, please light candles for me, which won’t matter when I continue to break government guidelines anyway. Oh yes. Poor old me, celebrations or commiserations I’ll change the story whatever way attention flows

• Heart

Anynews.

VIP Member
Accepted another lot of free stuff from Ryan Tubridy this morning . No decency or manners to speak up and say to him people have been over generous already to our family please pass the toys and make up to a worthy family . That would take breeding though 🤬
I didn’t hear but he reminds me of the St Vincent de Paul always giving to the wrong people! No offence please if you are struggling and they looked after you! But where I live it’s always the wrong families!!