Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, she looked for money for specific things. She listed the specific things.
She should have been transparent about it.
Most people don't donate to a go fund me for the fun of it.
Agreed. Shannen also set a specific amount (€10,000) for those things. It would be great if these pages closed when the goal is reached but, obviously, it does not. I do acknowledge that people did continue to donate knowing that the goal had been reached but, as her situation has not changed since then, it is unconscionable that she keep the excess funds raised. How does she even justify keeping the EXTRA €146,000? 146 THOUSAND EURO?!
There are so many people who need support that can only come from exterior means. Families who need specific medical equipment for their children to enable them to just get out of the house often cannot pay for these items and have to wait years sometimes to get government funding, just to give one example. So many people in this forum have pointed out that Shannen could have shared the excess with others. She has not, at least not publicly. There has to be a way, therefore, to strip Shannen and those like her of the money that was raised over and above the goal stated at the start of the GFM.
Re: affiliated links- if there is a market for people to make money on Insta I have no issue with that. I can unfollow if I don’t like it. However, that is not the type of page that she set up. It is not a fashion/home decor/lifestyle page that is worked on and gives value that is then rewarded with the opportunity to monetize. Her page is not that. Her appeal is based on her story of dealing with an illness. It has now evolved into a money grabbing exercise. The clear attempt recently to hide the af links on ads showed the game that she is now playing and to me, reflects very poorly on her character.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that a user with the name “Transparency” is essentially saying it’s grand for Shannen to not be transparent about how she is spending the money that people donated to her?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that a user with the name “Transparency” is essentially saying it’s grand for Shannen to not be transparent about how she is spending the money that people donated to her?!
And they say they don't follow her, but know everything 🤔

Everything feels so staged with her, the CBD Demo right on queue for some bad news, she is so slippery

Reactions: 7
Just after watching the latest stories... Obviously hope she hasn’t been given bad news on the health front. I can’t help but think though that she will ultimately ‘reveal’ why she’s been so “emosh” and it’ll just be some reshuffling of the treatment plan and she’ll say that any change at all worries her or something like that. 🙄 Because let’s be real here - and there are others on this thread also dealing with serious illness who could confirm or deny, I’m sure - if you’d got actual bad news from your doctors, I doubt one of the first things you’d do would be to get on Instagram to drop vague statements about something going on and being upset and triggered. It’s like she thinks she’s on some reality show; it’s a bit formulaic now TBH.
Oh and the asking for restaurant recommendations- puh-lease!!!! 🙄 When I want to try something new, I Google it! Read some menus, look at reviews. FFS - talk about being obvious about looking for another free treat. Give me a bleeping break, like. You can well afford to buy your own meals; leave the charity for people who need it. You’ve got enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The ‘ last time until dublin’ seems to be the excuse for everything
Thought that was a bit nuts myself. It’s January she is going isn’t it. There’s a good few days left in December and sure she has her app now to schedule in all the childcare. She melts my head.

Reactions: 6
Thought that was a bit nuts myself. It’s January she is going isn’t it. There’s a good few days left in December and sure she has her app now to schedule in all the childcare. She melts my head.
Yeah... it’s pure bullshit. Grabbiness!

What’s she going to do once the transplant is over ? She’s addicted to attention !
Agree!
My money is on her trying to reinvent herself as some sort of Insta wellness coach when she comes out the other side of her treatment. And I wish her luck with that because from what I’ve seen, she doesn’t have much ‘get up and go’ about her at all. (And before anyone comes for me - I mean she wasn’t exactly full o’ beans during the in-between period prior to her latest diagnosis either; I obvs don’t expect a current cancer patient to be bouncing off the walls with energy!)

Reactions: 9
And having been through similar with a family member there’s no way it’s that awful news she’s making out. Not over the phone. Who knows maybe the team in James’ have seen her insta and told her to stay the duck at home. Ages putting an entire medical team at risk if she brings Covid up there with her. If she has no consideration for herself could she not consider others.

The AF links is so sneaky. The fact that cookies embed in your device unknowingly and last more than just that swipe is horrendous, people have no idea that maybe a week later they are lining some bloggers pockets by buying something off that same site. It’s completely disingenuous. To hide the af links is just so bad. At least if I see af I’m aware I may need to clear my cookie cache. It’s my choice.

How far will this one go for money.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah... it’s pure bullshit. Grabbiness!

Agree!
My money is on her trying to reinvent herself as some sort of Insta wellness coach when she comes out the other side of her treatment. And I wish her luck with that because from what I’ve seen, she doesn’t have much ‘get up and go’ about her at all. (And before anyone comes for me - I mean she wasn’t exactly full o’ beans during the in-between period prior to her latest diagnosis either; I obvs don’t expect a current cancer patient to be bouncing off the walls with energy!)
Same as Georgie Crawford and Denise Kenny all making careers out of the illness, you think they would want to move on with their lives

Reactions: 12
Same as Georgie Crawford and Denise Kenny all making careers out of the illness, you think they would want to move on with their lives

Denise K is worst of all...it wasnt even her that was sick. I had to unfollow she’s riding on coat tails of a following built on sympathy for her sick husband.

Reactions: 8
I feel like most people on Instagram with over 50k or so followers tends to be ad after ad after ad now. And for those who put themselves forward as fashion or lifestyle bloggers or makeup artists, I kinda don’t care so much TBH; I just click on through if I’m not interested. Which 99.9% of the time, I’m not! I get that Instagram is evolving into a marketing platform for certain types of businesses. People like Shannen are a completely different kettle of fish though - shes built her following off talking about her cancer journey. I can’t see the connection between battling cancer and flogging clothes and what-have-you. It’s very, very odd. I really do hope she recovers fully and quickly - and then it will be interesting to see how much of a following she maintains because there’s not much substance to her really.

I feel like most people on Instagram with over 50k or so followers tends to be ad after ad after ad now. And for those who put themselves forward as fashion or lifestyle bloggers or makeup artists, I kinda don’t care so much TBH; I just click on through if I’m not interested. Which 99.9% of the time, I’m not! I get that Instagram is evolving into a marketing platform for certain types of businesses. People like Shannen are a completely different kettle of fish though - shes built her following off talking about her cancer journey. I can’t see the connection between battling cancer and flogging clothes and what-have-you. It’s very, very odd. I really do hope she recovers fully and quickly - and then it will be interesting to see how much of a following she maintains because there’s not much substance to her really.
The connection is that people followed her to follow her cancer journey, her following grew, companies decided to advertise through her page to reach out to all those followers.
I really wish companies would stop this form of advertising. I have said it before but I honestly think it is so so lazy on their behalf. The thousands they spend paying Instagrammers to advertise could surely be spent better??

She might be excluded from serious illness having had cancer twice. Or it would be loaded too high to pay.
She admitted previously that her company continued to give her full cover and pay as she an employee. More dough for the coffers 🤑🤑

In terms of revenue or social welfare, she / they should be reassessed based on the go fund me
No one should claim or be entitled to charity or benefits with 200k sitting in a bank. That’s morally wrong.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
She admitted previously that her company continued to give her full cover and pay as she an employee. More dough for the coffers 🤑🤑

No one should claim or be entitled to charity or benefits with 200k sitting in a bank. That’s morally wrong.
if social welfare knew this she wouldn’t get illness benefit she would be well above the threshold. That’s maybe why she just doesn’t mention it because there’s so many eyes and you just don’t know where people are working etc.

Reactions: 4
All her stories!!I wouldn’t believe what day it was if she told me I would check the calendar!! I smell BS!!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.