Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Socialmediabite

VIP Member
Remember the department were going to pay influencers to spread the Covid Health message.

They are more likely to spread Covid going by my insta feed 🙈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

dontcome@me

VIP Member
Thank god other people can now see through this. Previous threads were deleted within hours of starting.
It was so transparent....the week before the babygrows story, she tried to make a big deal out of being trolled and it didn’t gain traction. They were all jumping on the trolling that same week (twins and me etc. and Claire balding) and getting reshares.Then a week later the babygrow story. Didn’t believe it for one second that someone following her found her address etc. Any of my friends who live in estates, I never remember their house number ffs. 🙄 I don’t believe she was sent anything but if she was she needs to look closer to home.
Anyway, that baby grow fiasco grew her following from 43k to nearly 100k in about a week thanks to everyone sharing it (MRS crying into her phone over it etc.) and then a week later the go fund me started by her friend.
Seems too calculated and coincidental to me.
When I was sick, my employers asked to start a go fund me and I said no way. Could I have done with some financial assistance? Of course. But I would never ask for charity like that unless it was absolutely dire circumstances. Imagine going out for a meal or getting your nails done and having people say “oh she didn’t need that money”. Shannen took the piss completely with all the hotel stays and the new car. Disgusting amount of money to go to one person. It should have been stopped at €50k maximum

TinaGP

VIP Member
The baby grow incident , if that was me, I would have called the guards straight away and people mentioned this to her , me being one and she ignored it. Also I don’t feel it’s right , all that money raised and she living it up now ,free food, free trips, free car ... free everything , when there are people out there really really struggling who are going through heartbreaking times and she just swanning around not giving a shit with other people’s money . In my opinion , she should donate that money to people who really need it.

YellowMellow14

Chatty Member
I was in hospital for over 5 weeks during my transplant. Didn't see my youngest once. Saw my oldest twice in that time. It was hard but necessary. I didn't get a go fund me jackpot. My mother quit her job and moved 150 miles to look after me and my kids when I came home to allow my husband to work. Families work things out. You get by.

• Heart
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious that a user with the name “Transparency” is essentially saying it’s grand for Shannen to not be transparent about how she is spending the money that people donated to her?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Base2019

VIP Member
Going through treatment I have all the worries Shannen currently has. She is very lucky she has her daughter, I have had that chance taken away from me for life. That would make me even more determined to follow the rules right now as I wouldn’t want to take any chances for Roisin, nevermind myself.
It annoyed me when she put up about the possibility of her being fertile again. I can say with 99.9% certainly that that is not possible. It wouldn’t be possible after her first round of treatment, and definitely not now she’s in her third round. I don’t say that with malice. I say that as it upsets me being in that situation myself and the fact that she may give false hope to other cancer patients.

• Heart

goodbyefly

Shannen’s cousin set up a Go Fund Me a few days after shannen closed hers. For her son with SMA she had been fighting for the medication for months before Shannen was even a grammer. She set up the gofundme to raise money for a wheelchair accessible car for bringing him to and from appointments.
Shannen donated €50.
Yes €50 a few days after raising €170k.
🙈

• Wow
  • Sad

Callemout

Listen, the only reason she donated €1000 in the end, was because her cousin wouldn't talk to her.

Her cousin asked her to post about her go fund me on her page, because of her following and Shannen said " No "
So after not being spoken too and it being all over the rats out page, she donated €1000.

She is using that money from the go fund me, to buy a house! Barry waits at the door of the supermarket while the staff run around with the shopping list.

She is a jumped up spoilt brat and always was. She never wanted for anything and played her family off eachother.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

Wazzledazzle

Little girl on the Toy Show had money raised for her prosthetic leg after amputation because of a tumour....Ryan asked them what they did with the extra money, buy herself something nice? No....they donated all the leftover money to charties around Ireland.
Shannen needs to learn a lesson from this little girl.
I was thinking the EXACT same thing as she was talking God love her, she was a little dote, had me tearing up talking

Airy-fairy

VIP Member
I dm'd the bar in question this morning. To be fair they got back to me now.
Said there were 2 tables booked under 2 different names. They are aware there are pictures going around and they were very sorry and were told it was just a quick picture taken. I told them that a lot of people were unhappy with it, and seems he was conned into having 2 tables booked, and they've acknowledged that.

• Wow

Wheres reality

VIP Member
I am waiting for the rant when she sees this page. She is a gusty one when she wants to be and won't take kindly to not being in the rave section . Long time coming this thread.

I donated stupidly too , just €30 but made me feel like shit . I drive a few years old " run around banger " as she would call it , dublin every 2 weeks for pain treatment in a smallish car like she had . She is a hypocrite

• Heart

mrsimoan

Chatty Member
Ah girls I think you are being far to harsh, she got a bloody ring! They all probably cost under € 200 together and also how do you know she used the gofundme money for it?
Have to agree with you! The girl has cancer for a third time lads. The Go Fund me was set up to ensure all her expenses were covered.. anyone who donated knew what they were donating towards. Can we not take it for what it is.. a young mother undergoing treatment for a third time with cancer.. the next transplant could literally cure her or kill her, its a very dangerous procedure this time round, and is exceptionally hard on the body, it also means any temp spike or even a cold could have dire cosequences.. Can we bit a bit nicer maybe?

Base2019

VIP Member
I think I’m going to have to unfollow her. I followed her at the start when I was diagnosed. The longer that goes on I find her totally unrelatable and the stuff she says at times are very unrealistic for cancer patients. I know she’s been saying she’s had a hard time this week which I understand, but more often that not she comes across unbearingly positive, which at times makes me (and probably other cancer patients) feel crap cos i can’t be that positive all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Jennymac

VIP Member
I think it was more so she made out she might need treatment abroad when the go fund me was started when she doesnt and the cancer she has is curable ( fingers crossed ) that people got angry about and I think going to out to buy a new car out 176k plus the other go fund me brought the amount to over 200k and then the non stop spending of hotel stays fitbits for the whole family.
Most people going through cancer their main worry is getting through and then how are we going to afford it especially if it is terminal, she knew it wasnt terminal and never stopped that go fund me she waited til the donations stopped coming in

HumphreyB

VIP Member
Is she allowed to continue to claim social welfare if she has access to that donated money? Or do they not take that into account.

I’ve no tolerance for this tbh! Every day of your week there are people in hospital battling cancer and their kids have to go to school, their partner still has to earn a living. She’s not unique.

Also why doesn’t she have serious illness cover? If she works in health insurance she would know all the ins and outs of policies

• Heart

Taylor17

VIP Member
You do know you can't rock up to the bank with a lump sum and say "here's my deposit. Give me more"? You have to prove where you got the money from, that you saved it regularly over time, and that you will be able to make regular repayments. 🙄 Do ye want to ask for your donation back off her or what do you actually want from this go fund me money? And if you didn't donate, why do you care so much? It's not your money she has been given then! 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yes, all of us mortgage holders know that. All of us who have applied for a mortgage and been refused also know that. All the sick people on this thread who worked throughout their illness know that to make ends meet know that. We can speculate about that gfm as much as we like and you can defend as much as you like but don't insult people's intelligence

• Haha
  • Heart

Airy-fairy

VIP Member
The go fund me was to take any financial pressure off, it was so she could attend treatment with ease and her husband could travel and stay close to her. It was so money was the last thing they had to worry about as a young family going through this unimaginable tough time. I give regularly to go fund me’s because I feel the fund needs it and those fundraising need a break. I don’t give with an expectation of how it should be spent, it is her money and she can do what she feels fit to do with it.
So if you donated to a GoFund me page, in aid of a person saying they needed treatment for a condition that may not be available here, that it was terminal....and then a week later that person buys a new car, buys gifts for all the family, takes breaks away in suites, gets lunches and dinners out, meeting people during restrictions in pubs even though not supposed to, showing clothes hauls, beauty treatments.....and you feel it's ok that money is spent for things that were not disclosed when initially fundraising?

• Heart

ItsAllBaloney

Looking at The Late Late and that little sweetheart Saoirse. Her family had a go fund/fundraiser to raise money for Saoirse’s prosthetic needs BUT when they raised what they needed, all funds over this were donated. That’s how you do it. Wish people would learn by examples like this lovely family. ❤

• Heart