Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Voduz still have a go fund me open for shannen 🤷🏻‍♀️ why?

And shannen is the linked beneficiary of that page so she knows about it

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Wow. Just had a Google and there's £2k in it, sterling......😮
And the target was £1000
Wonder if there's any more... If any of ye need a detective... 👍👍🤣

I don't begrudge her the money that she needs from it but this extra as well as what's left over from the main page would benefit so many other families that just don't get the help or attention that she's gotten. It's Christmas. Time to think about people who don't have it sitting in an account and are struggling. Sorry that's just my thoughts on it. It's starting to bother me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
More exaggeration on the post. 20 weeks. But it was 7 sessions. I’m not saying the weeks or sessions were easy. But the story is always exaggerated. Like someone said earlier it’s never just getting a needle or a line, it’s always poor me with the bad veins etc. I am sick of this one. The 20 weeks were well cushioned with your €176k. And she wasn’t too ill to greedily beg last Friday with her swipe ups
A bit like the treatment itself. Its considered an immunotherapy not chemotherapy there is a difference yet she calls it chemo all the time.

I'd say that's just her personality to be a little dramatic. We all know someone like that in our life.

And the target was £1000
Wonder if there's any more... If any of ye need a detective... 👍👍🤣

I don't begrudge her the money that she needs from it but this extra as well as what's left over from the main page would benefit so many other families that just don't get the help or attention that she's gotten. It's Christmas. Time to think about people who don't have it sitting in an account and are struggling. Sorry that's just my thoughts on it. It's starting to bother me.
She isn't the only one that grabbed and ran with go fund me's her and a few others would put ppl off from donating.

Behind them all is a genuine reason but then some kind of greed takes over.

Reactions: 4
Anyone else find it grotesque that she is standing there in a photo with a big grin and champagne in her handy celebrating? Maybe I’m just bitter, she harps on about how unwell she was, my own mother is fighting a terminal diagnoses and we’d give anything to see her through this.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Anyone else find it grotesque that she is standing there in a photo with a big grin and champagne in her handy celebrating? Maybe I’m just bitter, she harps on about how unwell she was, my own mother is fighting a terminal diagnoses and we’d give anything to see her through this.
I know where your coming from she is really rubbing people up the wrong way. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I do understand your point and am very sorry you are going through that with your mam but I think anyone would be right to celebrate finishing chemo, I definitely would if I was going through it and imagine most would, the difference is though most are not showing it to over 100k followers, just their own household and maybe immediate family and close friends

Reactions: 3
I'm so so sorry your going through this with your mum.
no one begrudges her the good news but maybe there is a more apt way of doing it and to consider those who sadly have not the same news to celebrate

Reactions: 5
It's going to be a boring month. Wonder what drama she's going to have.
And I'll bet she'll be out the door for more 'celebrations' within a week, eating out and drinking galore. Covid won't exist to her until a few days before Dublin happens.

Reactions: 4
It's good to celebrate every milestone in a journey like this. Maybe it's just not really a pop a bottle of bubbles moment. There is a reason there is no end of treatment cards.

We had several little cakes and celebrations at different milestones when my family member was going through a Cancer diagnosis.

Still very early days for my family member and champagne never felt appropriate so we settled for cake. Someday when real remission is declared we will pop some bubbles.

But I have to say I rolled my eyes too.

I think at this stage everything she does rubs ppl up the wrong way. There is a certain smugness (not even sure if that's a good word) that is very unlikeable.

Reactions: 6
I agree, I am probably being a bit sensitive. Is that not the point though, if most people follow her because of her story, and they can relate in some way then for many of them who may not get such a positive result it can be a kick in the balls.
I wish her all the health in the world but surely a moment like that should be celebrated in the privacy od your home with your family.
I unfollowed today. I just don’t agree with all your content being about your cancer.Don’t get me wrong, I applaud her bravery but every diagnoses is so different but discussing symptoms in depth doesn’t sit well with me. Plus your making money off it.
Rant over😂

I agree, I am probably being a bit sensitive. Is that not the point though, if most people follow her because of her story, and they can relate in some way then for many of them who may not get such a positive result it can be a kick in the balls.
I wish her all the health in the world but surely a moment like that should be celebrated in the privacy od your home with your family.
I unfollowed today. I just don’t agree with all your content being about your cancer.Don’t get me wrong, I applaud her bravery but every diagnoses is so different but discussing symptoms in depth doesn’t sit well with me. Plus your making money off it.
Rant over😂
Completely agree an awful lot of what she says really doesn't sit well with me either.

Reactions: 3
Rant over😂
totally agree with this 👌🏻 I think anyone going through a cancer diagnosis whether themselves or in their family feels this way. I very much feel like I can’t celebrate the wee things like completing chemo/radiotherapy/scan results as I know for some it’s not something to be celebrated and I am very conscious of that. I personally don’t think it’s something to be celebrated on a public forum but rather in private.
It should be about gratefulness and gratitude, rather than public celebration.

Reactions: 11
I too find her completely unrelateable, I think most people with cancer have changed their attitude towards her. A few months ago everyone felt sorry for her, she was discussed at chemo but this morning when I was getting Bloodtests another girl was saying they couldn't understand the celebrations when she has a bone marrow transplant to go.

It's so premature and how is she so cocky and sure she's getting rid of it for good when it's back for the third time?
I would be anxious if I was her, it's unusual to be so so nonchalant about it given her track record.

Also eejits like Doireann Garrihy going on about how she's so brave etc, nobody with cancer is brave, we have no choice but to remain positive and get on with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I just dont understand how she is positive it will never return . Obviously hoping not . But I dont get it . How can you be so sure

Reactions: 6
I just dont understand how she is positive it will never return . Obviously hoping not . But I dont get it . How can you be so sure
I'd say after going through it 3 times she's probably just trying to remain positive. It'd be very easy to go the complete opposite way and hate the universe for giving her this 3 times!

I have to agree with the person above who said its hard to celebrate when there are others who don't have as positive a prognosis as you. We defo felt guilt when celebrating any little milestone when others around us were unsure if they would reach that milestone. Doing so so publically was in bad taste but such is the way of life with these Instagrammers unfortunately. Nothing remains private with them!

We never got to celebrate. We celebrated our sons life at his funeral. So many don’t get any celebration. Between this one and the gorry one I’m rightly peed off tonight.

I get that it’s momentous for her. But even she’s been here before. Has she not the cop to know that there are no certainties.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I think it's probably trying to have a positive mind and not thinking of the alternative, I have heard people say about things never again when you couldn't be sure but it's to think I will get through this

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.