Big C, it’s all about me, me, me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In fairness I know a few people who have been under her oncologist Seamus (Prof Seamus O’Reilly) and he actually insists they call him Seamus, he’s meant be a lovely man by all accounts and I think he likes to try and lose that formality to put people dealing with cancer diagnoses at ease.
I guess it’s not as informal like long go, but I am 45 I wouldn’t dream of calling a Dr by his first name I guess that’s just me. My neighbour was always Mr or Mrs and still are today.

Reactions: 2
Well I delt with Prof and was never told to refer to him by his first name nor was I offered his mobile number either.
And if I'm honest maybe it's the way I was reared I would feel strange addressing him by Seamus

Reactions: 6
Well I delt with Prof and was never told to refer to him by his first name nor was I offered his mobile number either.
And if I'm honest maybe it's the way I was reared I would feel strange addressing him by Seamus
Exactly same as yourself when it came to dealing with professionals, they would say ring my secretary if any problems. She’s nearly a good an actress as Rachel G and wearing that bloody awful dressing gown with the crocodile tears!

Exactly same as yourself when it came to dealing with professionals, they would say ring my secretary if any problems. She’s nearly a good an actress as Rachel G and wearing that bloody awful dressing gown with the crocodile tears!
God I am cranky tonight!! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Most of the Instagramers are.. so after tomorrow she’s ok? What about all the money raised??
No she still has to go through the bone marrow transplant, the most dangerous, costly and worrying part of her treatment

Reactions: 1
In fairness I know a few people who have been under her oncologist Seamus (Prof Seamus O’Reilly) and he actually insists they call him Seamus, he’s meant be a lovely man by all accounts and I think he likes to try and lose that formality to put people dealing with cancer diagnoses at ease.
I fully understand that but using his first name to second / third parties isn’t the same thing. I don’t ever want to out myself on here but profs would always be referred to as profs

Reactions: 3
So none of that is funded? Wonder how other patients manage it?
Course it's funded. The hospital is free there is also an apartment provided.
There gofundme was to cover Barry's salary. Yet they let it get to 200,000. Without a mention of it since

Of course the actual treatment is funded. The cost for her family is not state funded, that is the expensive part!
Not 200,000 worth. She continued to share the link well after it raised enough to cover their expenses. Just greed to keep taking after 50,000.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So none of that is funded? Wonder how other patients manage it?
You’d get sick of replying to posters who are always giving more excuses for these greedy, greedy people🙄
Where would these people be without gfm?

Reactions: 6
You’d get sick of replying to posters who are always giving more excuses for these greedy, greedy people🙄
Well they wouldn’t be able to change the car or have weekends away or get family members bloody fit bits!! F@@k go fund me and all that sailed in it!!!

Of course the actual treatment is funded. The cost for her family is not state funded, that is the expensive part!
It sure is the expensive part and I for one know that……I lost my home last year as a result of getting into so much arrears and debt as a result of not being able to keep my head above water after going through breast cancer treatment as a single parent of a teenager who was born with a very serious heart defect and has had interventions and surgery almost every year of his life. I had to borrow from my elderly parents to pay my bills and it has affected my mental health so badly. I genuinely felt sick to my stomach last week seeing all the Black Friday swipe ups and #af as if she was doing us all a favour. There are NO excuses for her behaviour and Saoirses family are an example of what’s good in this world while Shannon’s are an example of all that’s wrong. Sorry but I had to get that off my chest

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I am not a fan of hers. I do not enjoy her Instagram page. I do not enjoy her content. Where would anyone be without any gfm? What is the point in donating if you are going to be this bitter about them having money? I hope your family member never has to go through a bone marrow transplant. Its a horrible stressful time, the chances of death are high, God knows how she'll see her daughter because her immune system is going to be at an all time low in the midst of covid, the fact she doesn't have a family match increases her risk of complications, all speaking from experience. Had it tough because didn't have a gfm, in and out of hospital for more than 2 years, but still wouldn't begrudge her for having it slightly easier during a tit time! Once she is better totally hound her wondering where the money went or if she'll donate some, but at the end of the day she is still battling a killer disease she's had for the 3rd time!

Reactions: 2
I am not a fan of hers. I do not enjoy her Instagram page. I do not enjoy her content. Where would anyone be without any gfm? What is the point in donating if you are going to be this bitter about them having money? I hope your family member never has to go through a bone marrow transplant. Its a horrible stressful time, the chances of death are high, God knows how she'll see her daughter because her immune system is going to be at an all time low in the midst of covid, the fact she doesn't have a family match increases her risk of complications, all speaking from experience. Had it tough because didn't have a gfm, in and out of hospital for more than 2 years, but still wouldn't begrudge her for having it slightly easier during a tit time! Once she is better totally hound her wondering where the money went or if she'll donate some, but at the end of the day she is still battling a killer disease she's had for the 3rd time!
Yes my sibling did, I know how stressful it was trying to find a doner to save his life, I know how tit the rest of us felt not being a match, he finally got a match from abroad,he spent 8 months living in a hospital but my parents never took a penny from anyone. His treatment was funded as is hers and they made it work. They made sacrifices like every other family in Ireland who have a loved one battling cancer do.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It sure is the expensive part and I for one know that……I lost my home last year as a result of getting into so much arrears and debt as a result of not being able to keep my head above water after going through breast cancer treatment as a single parent of a teenager who was born with a very serious heart defect and has had interventions and surgery almost every year of his life. I had to borrow from my elderly parents to pay my bills and it has affected my mental health so badly. I genuinely felt sick to my stomach last week seeing all the Black Friday swipe ups and #af as if she was doing us all a favour. There are NO excuses for her behaviour and Saoirses family are an example of what’s good in this world while Shannon’s are an example of all that’s wrong. Sorry but I had to get that off my chest
I am so sorry to hear that nobody helped you. I hope you are doing ok now sending you ❤. Her behaviour on Friday was an absolute disgrace really made me mad. That little girl Saoirse could teach a lot of the Instagramers a real lesson.

Yes, I just went on Instagram and realised Sabby adores herself as much as Shannen
Even Trishas Transformation is gone crazy!! 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.