Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Since Autumn landed she's been wearing some hideous stuff. The John Lewis trousers she's been plugging look fucking awful on her.
I know this isn’t the thread for backofthewardrobe, but she has been discussed here so...

She is touting some Baukjen leather trousers at £349 a pop, telling us that yes, they are an investment piece, but so so worth. Bloody easy for her to say that when they were gifted to her. It really grinds my gears when “influencers” flog expensive gear that they themselves haven’t paid for, as well as posting an affiliate link to the item so they can earn money off us to boot!

• Angry
Reactions: 15

FCD

I always find it a little infuriating when these people cannot bear to be questioned or even asked a slightly controversial question. If they put themselves out in the public domain then people are going to have opinions on them. If you don’t want the opinions then don’t put yourself out there!!
I wish I could ‘block’ everyone who ever questioned what I did in my work!! That’s effectively what people like her are doing - imagine if you worked in a customer facing role and a customer (or colleague) came with an issue about something you’d done and you said “I just don’t need your negativity” and ghosted them.... how would that look in a REAL workplace?!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

TheBlueDonkey

Chatty Member
Finally unfollowed. The repetition, the endless shilling of her codes and affiliate links, her screeching, her £100(!!!!) mediocre sandals, her middle class Insta friendship circle. Can’t deal with it anymore. I followed her from v v early on too and loved her style.
Oh and she needs to lay off the Cantu hair stuff. She does NOT have curly hair.

Reactions: 13
This is what she sent just before she blocked me:

‘I do not go with companies just for money and turn down brands on a daily basis. I will be back in Matalan who I started working with because they saw how much I loved their pieces but really I dont need anyone questioning me thats a very simple unfollow..’
I always find it a little infuriating when these people cannot bear to be questioned or even asked a slightly controversial question. If they put themselves out in the public domain then people are going to have opinions on them. If you don’t want the opinions then don’t put yourself out there!!

• Heart

Emmadale

VIP Member
As much as Helen has her faults, I think she’s lovely compared to her little mate Abi who she seems to idolise. I feel sorry for her when they do their small mum tall mum thing as it’s like conceited little Abi thinks everything looks great on her little frame whereas Helen is bumbling around squishing herself into something ridiculous.

Rosiepie

VIP Member
And sweaty Betty are now gifting Helen base layers for her holiday to Iceland! 🤦‍♀️ Unbelievable! We have sweaty Betty in my town, but I refuse to buy any more clothes from them. These women can afford to buy their own stuff, and what’s insulting is Helen and her mate Abi don't even exercise (they’ve only started doing a bit of exercise as prep for their #gifted exercise retreat). The only thing these two exercise are their mouths - they don’t stop! What is the world coming to??? Can someone tell me if Helen keeps every item she tries on, is gifted etc? She must need a whole room to accommodate it all! It’s sickening

Reactions: 12

Basicbasic

VIP Member
If one good thing comes out of this awful, awful time, may it be that influencers flogging stuff on Instagram stops. I can’t see how they can keep going as things get worse?
Nothing will change for these accounts. Like Helen said yesterday 'I'm continue doing this because I did it when my dad died and we all need shit, right??!'. No Helen, no we don't need shit. We need essentials, we need to look out for others and we need to pray we keep our jobs and homes. She's is completely tone deaf.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
I'm afraid she's one of those fashion instagrammers who falls into the way out of their depth category. All they post is formulaic, here's a dress, here is dress with white trainers and a denim jacket, here is dress with a biker, here is dress with a blazer...

It's boring and repetitive. Sadly for Helen, the small mum/tall mum thing, which started out as a great idea, has fallen foul of Abi's smugness "Here's Helen in a size 16 but here's me in a size 2, which is so loose on me, I'd recommend sizing down a couple of sizes"

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Basicbasic

VIP Member
The 'Oh I'm going to be brave and stand here in gym gear/ showing my knees/ bum/ belly' is so disingenuous. She's got the figure of a model yet pretends she doesn't look good so she can continue with the sell sell sell. Truth is she's a very very privileged, well off lady but always feels like she needs to find something the less privileged can identify with. It's contrived and fake and total exploitation.

• Heart

Basicbasic

VIP Member
And she admits that she never exercises or goes to the gym. Well until now, influencers would literally sit and eat their own shit and claim it was delicious if there was a market for it and a penny to be made . Brands literally throwing their goods down influencers necks whether or not they fit the brand. It's put me off sb for sure.

Also with Helen she never wears any of the cheap tat she constantly sells. Never out in the matalan/jd Williams stuff she claims to 'luuuurrrrrvveeeee'. She only wears them clothes for try ons then it's back into her office boots and free long dresses.

• Haha

MrsHater

Chatty Member
So fucking bored of it. Her account is so repetitive; the same old shit from M&Co, that bloody back massager and Look Fantastic links. And does she really think her followers are too thick to realise what she’s up to with all the Swipe ups over Christmas, particularly on sites like Amazon? 🙄.

I used to like her at the start but now she’s just boring, uninspiring and mumsy 😴.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
God her and abi are loathing the gifted stay. It's written all over their faces. Not a great advert for the retreat is it? Maybe now companies will gift stays to people who are actually interested in what they are trying to sell. If I was looking for an exercise retreat that one would be off my list. Looks awful judging by Helen and abi's face. But anything for a few pennies hey girls!

• Heart

Mastermum

I messaged her to ask her if she was getting a nice payout from M&Co as she seems to promote them multiple times throughout the day and doesn’t mention the likes of Matalan anymore (her obsession of last year). Also she seems to be using her daughters more and more at the moment which they clearly don’t get a day in. She wrote me an extremely rude response and blocked me. She used to be quite likeable but has now become a self-obsessed bitch

• Wow
Reactions: 10

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Her and abi watch other Instagrammers like hawks and as soon as they see a new collab they start tagging the crap out of the company to get the same collab for themselves. They are so desperate it's tragic.

• Wow

Basicbasic

VIP Member
It took me a long time to realise she's extremely self absorbed and completely in love with herself. Thank God she's stopped posting the fake 'I've got rolls, I'm fat' posts. If you have to sit forward and push your skin together it doesn't mean you're body positive and fat. Shut up.

Cerase

Oh dear. Pretty glad I didn't see that!
Herself and Lynsey Queen of clean seem to be 'new besties' at the moment. Poor old Abi from Stealmystyle40 will be getting sidelined and I actually like her.
I'm the opposite, I am on the verge of unfollowing Abi. Can't bear the over exposure of her sons, I'm not interested. Neither am I interested in the huge quantities of wine she consumes, but the constant bollocks with her children really pisses me off.

I still really like Helen; yes there is repetition in the stuff she's promoting but I don't feel she chooses to #ad stuff she wouldn't choose herself and she is very clear when she's been paid to promote something. Her affiliate links are always declared too. She's the most real, for me.

KerChing

Chatty Member
Apparently I am not worthy of her, I asked a question and she replied I do not understand her lifestyle.
I never personally say anything about a woman looks. BUT THIS BITCH IS UGLY ON THE INSIDE AND THE OUTSIDE.
I think “you don’t understand my lifestyle” is going to be my new favourite phrase 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Affiliatedlink

Chatty Member
All the people that irritate the f#@k out of me on insta don’t work..as in have a proper job!

Chloelovestoshop
thefashionlift
40plusnotgivingup
lovesstyle40
asnapshotofme
stealmystyle40
Luludumas
Instylehelen

there is many many more..all bored housewives. They all big each other up too!