Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Almost 400 quid worth of freebies to 2 Instagrammers who are open about not being active or doing any sports. Wow SB. You've just lost a very loyal customer in me.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She annoys the hell out of me but months ago I enjoyed some of her try ons. Until they became repetitive, with the same items and swipe ups 🤯😬
However, what really ticked me off is that I live in the same county and saw her on few occasions at lidl and sainsbury's - well, it was a revelation to see she doesn't wear any of the clothes she pushes with swipe ups. I saw her in very plain tshirt and jeans when on the same day her OOTD was a skirt, denim jacket and some fancy top 🙄 this is where she lost all the credibility for me and I assume she orders all the stuff, records multiple different try ones and sends the stuff away keeping just a handful of things.
Look Fantastic is 🤮 Thanks to her stories. too much.

• Wow

Basicbasic

VIP Member
I don't understand the abundance of stories about her nephew. I think it's a real breach of his privacy, she has no boundaries. He's obviously not keen on social media and i think using his life as Insta fodder is really unpleasant. Sharing concerns/ ideas I kind of understand but he's become a regular feature (against his will, as does he even have the real capacity to consent?) Alongside the back massager, toothpaste and maxi skirts. He seems a lovely lad, she needs to protect his privacy instead of sharing his every move and then showing how utterly relieved she is when he's back boarding. The problem with Insta is once you start sharing your life all boundaries ate lost and she does not know when our where to stop.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
She's in manic swipe up frenzy. Ffs give it a rest Helen, no one is interested. Stop sneaking them cookies onto people's phones.

Rosiepie

VIP Member
And she admits that she never exercises or goes to the gym. Well until now, influencers would literally sit and eat their own shit and claim it was delicious if there was a market for it and a penny to be made . Brands literally throwing their goods down influencers necks whether or not they fit the brand. It's put me off sb for sure.

Also with Helen she never wears any of the cheap tat she constantly sells. Never out in the matalan/jd Williams stuff she claims to 'luuuurrrrrvveeeee'. She only wears them clothes for try ons then it's back into her office boots and free long dresses.
I’m so mad with SB for giving them these clothes. For me it ‘cheapens’ the brand and makes me NOT want to buy from them.

Woopsagain

I have decided to isolate myself from all the stupid insta accounts I followed. Today I have done a massive swipe down and unfollowed them all.
And I am questioning as to why the hell I even followed them in the first place.
They are all so utterly self absorbed, I have no words.
OMG I can not find the hashtag symbol on my lap top EKKK as i was going to say
HASHTAG: Swipe down and bin them off. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Stealth boasting is the worst and abi and Helen do it all the time, especially abi. Oh poor me I'm so skinny I have to eat fried food, poor me having to take my kids to sports all the time, poor me having to wear kids sizes, poor me being gifted all this stuff, poor me being so rich, excuse my mum tum and rolls guys.... it's sickening.

Cherrypie32

Chatty Member
Helen still talks on stories a bit but is often a bit manic for me. She also likes to play the ‘duh’ silly old me card when she’s obviously a very shrewd ‘Grammer. She’s pretty much coining it in by doing the bare minimum.

Emmadale

VIP Member
View attachment 387321

I try to like Helen but then she does these asking for recommendations but what she really means is who can do this for me for free.

If you want recommendations you’d ask on a local FB group....not to your thousands of insta followers who are all over the place!

PastorBake

Chatty Member
I think she and her family have been through a lot, and I like her frank speaking about families, grief, adopting her nephew etc. Her kids seem really nice and not smug at all. What I don’t like is the endless swipe ups, cycling through the same handful of retailers again and again - M&Co, New Look, Look Fantastic. It’s so bloody boring. I get she can’t go out trawling the high streets and doing try on sessions during the pandemic but she’s gone too far the other way.
If I see that bloody neck massager one more time...

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Mumdrum

I’m so mad with SB for giving them these clothes. For me it ‘cheapens’ the brand and makes me NOT want to buy from them.
I won't buy from sweaty Betty now, I used to love their leggings, fyi the H&M gym leggings are very good quality and don't bobble and only £17.99

• Heart

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Oh good grief, please no more small mum tall mum try ons. Firstly we're in a pandemic and traipsing astound shops for try on content is not the one. Secondly, the try ons with abi are appalling. Abi looks like a midget and Helen looks like the bfg.

How desperate is she to flog those godawful, expensive sandals. You can buy the same ones in any new look and Primark for tenner.

Rosiepie

VIP Member
I asked her why at this time she is doing her clothes hauls and did she not think it was disgusting when people are hunting round supermarkets for basis every day provisions. And then she kicked off.
Looking forward to her next haul from Aldi.
What a insepet fool. Entitlement has gone.
She won’t be doing hauls for much longer - I know for a fact retailers are losing money. No one is going on holiday, so no over spending on holiday clothes, no events to go to, even weddings are taking a hit. Retail companies are scaling back - they have to make cost reductions in order to survive. Let’s hope it will be the end of the freebies. Can’t stand this account and the endless stories that she regurgitates daily.

OhhBacon

VIP Member
What I really dislike about underwear shots (this is generic not just her) is;
1) The fact that the influencers think that it will empower other women, why seeing so,done in their pants empower me?
2) What message does this send to your children? Schools have a huge battle on their hands to teach children about not sending/sharing inappropriate photos but lots of these mums share shots in their underwear.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
She did get some backlash last year for hogging a disabled changing room to do get try ons in marks. Her followers are absolute lapdogs though, I think interspersing her exploitation with her grief stories stops people saying what they really think. I mean, honestly how many fucking times a day does she have the swipe up for the shaping vests!

Also very clever to have an Amazon swipe up at least a few times a day to ensure the Amazon cookies are installed. She knows most people use Amazon regularly got stuff totally unrelated to her recommendations. Means she still gets her 20p commission on every item we buy.

• Heart

Libbub

VIP Member
They both seems to be talking about food more than anything else! What pisses me off though is SB is so expensive for gym gear there’s no way these two would ever actually put their hand in their pocket and buy these outfits themselves and yet they’re promoting it for us to buy!!
Slightly off topic but why does Abi always have black smudged make up around her eyes??
She always looks like a miserable cow to me, I don't follow her but when she comes up on Helens feed she looks like a spoiled child.

If I were that retreat I'd be withholding payment from Helen. Frankly all she's going on about is the food......... I think it's indicative of Helens mind set generally....... Greed greed greed. I think she's a very greedy woman. Grab grab grab.

Cerase

There's no separate thread for Stealmystyle40 - Abi - but she has been mentioned on here before. She's sulking now as she was called out on a stealth brag about the designer handbag she bought on their little outing today. 'We work hard for it' blah blah blah. Yup, sure you do Abi <rolls eyes> Really really really hard, all that trying on clothes, shoving on swipe ups, drinking wine and complaining. Really hard. Honest.

• Haha

OhhBacon

VIP Member
I’ve followed her for years but unfollowed today. Had hit the click through the stage anyway but tipped over the edge with the relentless look at me sizing down in a brand known to have massive sizes. Tedious.
Don't worry, I'd you decide to follow her again in a few months...I doubt you'll miss much.
#af link to hammock, massager, cheap fashion, loads of face cream. Chuck in small and tall crap dresses and rinse and repeat!

• Haha