40plusnotgivingupyet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone follow her? I used to like her a lot, but am on the verge of unfollowing because pretty much everything is her stories now is a swipe up from M&S. They're obviously current (gifted) flavour of the month, but a couple of months ago she was plugging JD Williams morning noon and night and now they're never mentioned. Desenio wall art and Command sticky strips have been going a lot recently but I'm sure that in a few weeks time it will be something else.
Recently she's like she's trying a bit too hard to be 'look at me, I'm so perky and crazy!'. She seems to be constantly shrieking in stories. His voice always goes up a few octaves. Then every weekend she posts a story, but it's just a rehash of what she's posted during the week.

Reactions: 8
A few of them have been paid to promote Andrew Ridgely’s book about Wham. They all wore wigs, sunglasses and choose life t-shirts. It was as awful as it sounds.

• Sad
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh dear. Pretty glad I didn't see that!
Herself and Lynsey Queen of clean seem to be 'new besties' at the moment. Poor old Abi from Stealmystyle40 will be getting sidelined and I actually like her.

Oh dear. Pretty glad I didn't see that!
Herself and Lynsey Queen of clean seem to be 'new besties' at the moment. Poor old Abi from Stealmystyle40 will be getting sidelined and I actually like her.
I'm the opposite, I am on the verge of unfollowing Abi. Can't bear the over exposure of her sons, I'm not interested. Neither am I interested in the huge quantities of wine she consumes, but the constant bollocks with her children really pisses me off.

I still really like Helen; yes there is repetition in the stuff she's promoting but I don't feel she chooses to #ad stuff she wouldn't choose herself and she is very clear when she's been paid to promote something. Her affiliate links are always declared too. She's the most real, for me.

Reactions: 10
I agree that Abi is showing her kids a lot recently. I think she seems lonely or something, I don't know.

There's another lady I like that I came across on Abi's page, ystyleireland. She seems quite relaxed and VERY good to declare #ad #sponsored etc.
I don't know if the regulations around that are stricter in Ireland maybe?

I'm the opposite, I am on the verge of unfollowing Abi. Can't bear the over exposure of her sons, I'm not interested. Neither am I interested in the huge quantities of wine she consumes, but the constant bollocks with her children really pisses me off.

I still really like Helen; yes there is repetition in the stuff she's promoting but I don't feel she chooses to #ad stuff she wouldn't choose herself and she is very clear when she's been paid to promote something. Her affiliate links are always declared too. She's the most real, for me.
Totally agree with all this. Getting bored with Abi’s constant tagging of Villa Maria and Mirabeau wines too, as it just screams desperation to get some freebies.

Helen does seem to be doing a lot more ads and I usually click through these, but she does seem more genuine and relatable imo.

I love Helen, she's pretty genuine and has been through a lot in the last year, so she's one instagrammer I don't begrudge any swipe ups from.

Reactions: 9
I agree Abi does do lots of pointless stories. I don’t need to see her glass of wine every night, or a run through of her jewellery every day.
She also claims to be just a mum from Croydon, when they are clearly loaded.

Reactions: 1
Got to agree with some of the comments - I like Helen but I’m bored with her content at the moment too much from M&S/New Look/Miss Selfridge/JDW. I had to unfollow Abi earlier this year as she can come across a bit smug/entitled with attitude.

Reactions: 5
I like Helen but as I said before getting very bored with her account. She appears very conscious of the spend culture and sometimes caveats her stories with “only buy what you need/or can afford”. It really doesn’t sit well with me when she starts flogging advent calendars at £130 with affiliate links - it just contradicts everything. Who in their right mind would spend £130 on an advent calendar. The beauty ones really wind me up as I would imagine 90% of the products in then you’ll never use as likely to not suit your skin tone/colour etc.

Reactions: 5
I've had to unfollow. The constant repeat posting. All so disingenuous, eg she barely wears the matalan stuff she 'absolutely love' . She seems to always get changed into clothes she bought ages ago. And sadly I feel like every time she is criticised about it she brings up her grief for her sister. It's a very odd mix. I also don't like that she has really started featuring her daughters and autistic nephew. Feels very at odds with her buy buy buy ad ad ad content. And she gets really angry when followers complain she's slowing the matalan jumper for the 50th time that day.

I don't mind her actually and did buy a matalan bag after seeing a post. I always turn the sound down though as she seems so frantic all the time

Reactions: 1