Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
I take Vit D, iron and Vit C. Really think the vitamin c helps massively. Not only to help with iron absorption but to boost my immune system.
Iron is really hard to absorb (even if you have a textbook-perfect digestive system) and Vit C has been scientifically proven to help, so this is a good one to keep up with!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
after two weeks away and hotel food and long hours all my husband wanted was fish and chips/shepherds pie/etc , a couple of cans of beer and the tv remote control.
He was much better the next day !!!

chocolatepanda6

I’ve bought a vitamin c mask after reading the thread looking forward to trying it .
I’ve noticed a huge reduction in my pores from using the Clearasil face pads and the glycolic acid toner from primark it’s the first time I’ve ever noticed my pores shrinking and I think the combined cost of the two things was about £8

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Good luck!
Thank you. I've never had an operation before. I went my GP before who said they are so small she would consider them disfigured ( I was 7 months pregnant at the time). They've never grown during pregnancy, never produced milk. So you can imagine how much they bother me.

• Heart
  • Wow

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Hi ladies!! I got given a £150 beauty bay voucher as a wedding present, and I have no clue what to spend it on! I’m more of a look fantastic/Space NK girl but obviously I’m really grateful for the voucher, I’ve just never shopped on beauty bay…I’ve had a quick look and they don’t do a lot of my favourite brands, but I wanted to ask what everyone’s favourite items on beauty bay are or what they would spend it on? ♥ thank you xx

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
I used to hate bare nails on feet, but I stopped painting them in lockdown and their condition improved enough for me to like the look. You get used to the look. What I do twice a week is put a tiny bit of water, enough to cover nails, in a foot bowl, and add about 60ml of hydrogen peroxide 3% (not any stronger than that), soak feet for 30 minutes. Voila, nice bright nails. People also use HP for brightening teeth (they use as mouthwash, diluted I would imagine) so don’t be put off by the name.

• Wow

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
Right everyone, not even sure if this is the right place but feck it. What’s everyone doing to stave off this lurgy? My partner just said I’m “always ill” and tbh, he’s got a point. I’ve had a chesty cough for days, permanently runny nose, sore body and just feel under the weather. I take iron, zinc, vit d and have a relatively healthy diet (ignore the daily white creme 🥚 egg).

how does everyone stay HEALTHY?! my immune system is shot to shit.
I also have two young kids which won’t help 😅
such a good question and so important. I was the same as you for years constantly ill with coughs and colds from October to March.

Covering up is so important for me, when the weather gets cool I make sure I’m wearing a vest as an extra layer, also making sure my neck, chest and mouth are not exposed when I’m out in the cold. Long jacket/coat, gloves and hat, plus proper shoes and socks to keep my feet dry. Seems so simple but I wasn’t doing those things, I didn’t have a proper coat and my mouth was always exposed.

I now always have Vicks, cough syrup and lemsip in the house for when I feel the first tickle, I make sure I take syrup etc. and stick to taking it regularly until the symptoms are completely gone. Always having it in the house means that when I feel that first tickle in the evening I can handle it straight away rather than just leaving it overnight. Salt water gargle works too, but it’s disgusting.

Food wise I am trying to make a lot of hearty soups. Lemon and water every day, garlic and olive oil as mentioned by someone else. I try to make sure I get some protein, some fats, some carbs, veg every day.

Prioritise sleep, keep layered up at home if house is cold.

I just had my 3rd no cough Christmas and it was great 😀

pommynoir

VIP Member
Paw Paw is great on lips, but 9/10 I use the rose Vaseline it looks so nice, it’s what my lip filler guy uses on me so I always feel like they look freshly done 😂.

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
If I'm in the house I just wear my partners t shirts. I'm just over 8 stone and he's 18 stone so they are like nighties on me lol.

Geranium

VIP Member
Dunno if anyone can help. I've been looking after my hair for about a year now. Definite difference in it. But my parting goes waaaaay back. I've tried brushing it and training the hair to grow a different way but it just doesn't work. Makes me look like I have a bald patch at the top of the back of my head.
I have a similar issue and as I’ve got older I have a wider parting too. I use hair fibres and have for a while. You basically dust them on and work them in a bit with your fingers and they disguise a widening parting or any small less hairy bits like your crown. I get mine on Amazon and they come in loads of colours x

• Heart

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Does anyone else get bad ingrown hairs no matter what you do to try avoid them? Had a real painful one the other day I squeezed it and it exploded and the hair came out in the explosion. My legs are scarred from them, look like I'm a former junkie or something big pink round scars all up em.

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
Does anyone know of a Molecule One perfume dupe? I can’t believe that until these threads, I didn’t know dupes existed 😂
Isn’t it about more than fragrance, meant to have pheromones in it? Bit harder to find than a dupe. It is meant to attract people to you. What if the dupe attracted mangy old cats? 🤔

A quick Google…

This perfume database gives smells like options…

Last edited:
  • Haha

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
On another topic- Does anyone have any tips on making a capsule wardrobe? I tried to make a list of what I would say are ‘essentials’ and still had about 50 things on there just for a winter wardrobe!
i did a massive clear out the other day and am now trying to get rid of 3 more things a week (clear out done so that it makes it harder and I actually have to think about what to get rid of!).
There’s some good videos on YouTube. Slightly similar but I’m into minimalism.

It’s not one size fits all though. You don’t have to have a set number of clothes to have.

In an attempt to look polished, I had some lowlights put in yesterday (over old balayage) and I’m happy with them generally but he’s taken out just a tad too much of the blonde.

Is it utter madness to think about trying to put a few lighter streaks back through myself? I’d just want to do a tiny few strands at the front and then a few (like 20 max) in the mid layers throughout. I just can’t face spending more on a hairdresser doing them, but I’m also nervous about handling bleach and destroying my hair which is perfectly fine really. It’s just I feel for the first time in my life people won’t look at me and say “she’s blonde”. Is that silly? I’ve been a natural light (and gradually darker) blonde all my life and I feel like it’s part of my identity, and this is just a tiny bit too dark.
My salon has a policy that if you’re not happy- you should tell them and they will try to fix it free of charge. Not if you go back to someone else though and do stuff on yourself.

Not saying you can’t dye it yourself just be careful going through it by yourself.

• Heart

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
right i'm pretty much leeching off this thread for advice but i'm sure someone here will be able to help - i have SUCH persistent under skin bumps on my forehead! not spots, just skin coloured bumps (not milia cos that's white iirc).

i drink litres and litres of water every day, don't eat well tbh but that doesn't affect the rest of my skin. not sure what else could cause them?

my skincare routine if that's of relevance is: the inkey list oat cleanser, inkey list hyaluronic acid, inkey list glucoside serum, corsx snail mucin essense, weleda skin food.
I had this for ages and worked it out to be blocked pores. I found one of my creams was causing it.

I also swear by double cleansing to help clear them out.

• Wow

xbxbx

Chatty Member
I’ve been using the L’Oréal Professional vitamino colour range alongside an in-shower scalp massager for almost 2 months and I’ve noticed a huge difference in the amount of new hairs I’ve been sprouting.

I didn’t know this until after I’d bought it but this range contains resveratrol which is apparently known to promote new hair growth! (I read a few studies but the science goes way over my head)

I’ve always struggled with my hair due to hypothyroidism and PCOS causing a lot of hair loss so to see so much new hair growth is really promising. I’d say the new hairs are about 2cm in length which is totally unheard of for my hair to grow that amount in 2 months - I average about an inch a year if I’m lucky with very little noticeable regrowth. My curls are sitting so much nicer too and feel really moisturised!

I’d previously been using rosemary oil and water which definitely does work, but I feel like it dried my hair out over time. I also noticed more of a difference in the length of my hair with rosemary rather than new growth, and I’m aiming for thicker hair not longer hair.

9B33D99D-CE83-4C79-9436-E4FBE51C804F.jpeg
23A25140-E4A7-41E0-986E-7EC083B6FCB5.jpeg

Spider12

VIP Member
Is a lift lash and tint worth it? Was looking to book for January. This year my plan is to treat myself for a change. Also on the plan is a tiny but of botox around the crows feet
I used uklash (it was recommended on this thread) and let that do it’s magic and then booked an lvl and I’ve never looked back, couldn’t be without them now.

mindlessness

VIP Member
I'm 32A if that. I suspect I will need a tissue expander initially and that's a 3 month process on its own. Very long and drawn out tbh but it'll be worth it. I've seen my surgeon get people with boobs as small as mine to an E cup with one surgery. I want them as big as my body will allow. I'm 5ft as well don't want surgeon trying to talk me into having smaller implants.
I know you know this but going very big could cause back pain. That could be why a surgeon might reccommend smaller? But I guess you will find out what they think soon. I hope the consult goes well!

• Heart