Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is such a good thread full of useful tips - I say this as I'm sitting here in a really old pair of shorts that are too big for me now, one of my OH's shirts, chipped nails and my hair up in a bun... today is not a day for me to be well groomed!

Im trying to decide whether to grow my hair out and let it be long again, or have it chopped a couple of inches to go back to the shoulder-length bob it has been for the last few years🤔and trying to tell myself that yes, I really can be bothered to curl it a bit, before going to the office.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Love this thread.
How can I improve the dark circles under my eyes?
I really love the Trinny BFF eye concealer - it's not claggy, covers them really well and allegedly has skincare ingredients in. I'm on my second tube and I really do think my undereyes look better even without it since I started using it.

Reactions: 3
Love this thread.
How can I improve the dark circles under my eyes?
Elf Hydrating concealer + Chanel No 1 eye creme (which also helps with eyelash growth)

I use the bare minimum of both and the change has been dramatic! Also turns out placement of concealer is important… I’ve watched a few over 40 tutorials (I’m not over 40) that have helped me get a ‘makeup free concealed look’

Reactions: 6
Love this thread so much. I ordered some bits this week after reading it. X

A8AFC982-46FC-4ECB-A6FF-AD1B363D2611.jpeg

If anyone loves cherries, Tonka bean and vanilla this is amazing. A colleague wears it and I literally sit and sniff the air when she’s sprayed it. She’s into expensive perfumes so was scared to ask and when she said how much it cos I was shook. She kindly gave me a bottle for my birthday and I’ve bought it since for others. Just love it x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
what are youre favourite clear lip products- I’m not big on lipstick and usually opt for a more natural Finish for my makeup but I’m having trouble finding a good lip product thats hydrating as well as pretty. I bite my lips quite a lot and lip products help stop that

Reactions: 1
what are youre favourite clear lip products- I’m not big on lipstick and usually opt for a more natural Finish for my makeup but I’m having trouble finding a good lip product thats hydrating as well as pretty. I bite my lips quite a lot and lip products help stop that
My favourite lip balm EVER is my Pat McGrath Flesh 3 lip fetish balm, it has a *hint* of colour. I also got a clear one free with an order a month or so ago that's also fab, I use the clear one as a lip primer and carry the tinted one with me in my bag.
I always wait for her site sales or look on eBay!

• Heart
Love this thread so much. I ordered some bits this week after reading it. X

View attachment 1420429
If anyone loves cherries, Tonka bean and vanilla this is amazing. A colleague wears it and I literally sit and sniff the air when she’s sprayed it. She’s into expensive perfumes so was scared to ask and when she said how much it cos I was shook. She kindly gave me a bottle for my birthday and I’ve bought it since for others. Just love it x
I wonder if this smells similar to Lost Cherry? I love that, but not the price! I’m going to check the Zara one out, thanks for sharing 🍒

D02573D7-4273-431B-AE19-46B1C5FC5FA1.jpeg

Just wanted to share with everyone that I've tried a new shampoo & conditioner that I bought in the Prime Day sale, it's the Pureology Strength Cure range.
My hair feels like I've just been to the salon, looks more groomed and I haven't even styled it more than a quick detangle after the shower.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I use this and would HIGHLY recommend to anyone. You only need the tiniest amount for lips and they stay hydrated all day. I used to suffer from dry lips as I generally have quite dry skin and this has totally transformed them. It’s great for cuticles and dry patches of skin too.

If I’m looking for a bit of colour to my lips but not a lipstick or gloss then I’ll line my lips with a colour similar or slightly darker to my natural colour and then add this on top. So natural and don’t need to worry about transfer!

Love these products and they are so good at hydrating.

If you like a gloss I also love these as cheap as chips but look amazing

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I wonder if this smells similar to Lost Cherry? I love that, but not the price! I’m going to check the Zara one out, thanks for sharing 🍒

View attachment 1422546
Full disclosure I don't have either, but was looking at Zara perfumes a few days ago and came across this website which lists it as a dupe for Lost Cherry! Might be helpful for others looking at the Zara perfumes too, I'm tempted to buy one or two for everyday wear

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just wanted to share with everyone that I've tried a new shampoo & conditioner that I bought in the Prime Day sale, it's the Pureology Strength Cure range.
My hair feels like I've just been to the salon, looks more groomed and I haven't even styled it more than a quick detangle after the shower.
Did you just get shampoo and conditioner? I like the look of these. I want a styling product as well. X

View attachment 1422546
It’s very similar if not nicer. Honestly smells so expensive.

Full disclosure I don't have either, but was looking at Zara perfumes a few days ago and came across this website which lists it as a dupe for Lost Cherry! Might be helpful for others looking at the Zara perfumes too, I'm tempted to buy one or two for everyday wear

Thanks for sharing and potentially leading me astray! X

• Heart
What are the recommendations for a good body moisturiser. Something with acids to prevent dry/ wrinkly skin.
Also I’ve notice my décolletage area is quite wrinkly suddenly. I put factor 50 but it’s an area that always catches the sun. (I live in a hot country so it’s not easy to cover ).

Reactions: 2
What are the recommendations for a good body moisturiser. Something with acids to prevent dry/ wrinkly skin.
Also I’ve notice my décolletage area is quite wrinkly suddenly. I put factor 50 but it’s an area that always catches the sun. (I live in a hot country so it’s not easy to cover ).
I would recommend this for your décolletage area:

Not cheap but a great product

Reactions: 2
I am sticking this here. If one lucky person gets to do this they will surely be looking more polished at the end of it!

Haven’t seen this thread before. I will go back and read the first one, that’s my diversion for the day sorted!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Has anyone tried the inkey list scalp serum?

Don’t judge but I wash my hair once a week and once a week only 😂 I have a weekly blow dry (my sister is a hairdresser) and I pin it up for bed then use dry shampoo from day 4 ish and it never looks greasy

Anyway I normally just shampoo twice (3 times if it’s been really hot or I’ve done loads of exercise) then leave purple shampoo on for a few mins while I shave and exfoliate, sleep in a hair mask then wash it out the morning of my blow dry. So I’m wondering if the scalp serum might be beneficial for me? I just Moroccan oil on wet hair before it’s dried atm

Also on the subject of hair, can anyone recommend a good cheap hairdryer to take on holiday? I’ll prob wash my hair two three times max then use GHDs over it. I don’t want to fork out on anything expensive for obv reasons

Thanks 💕

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.