Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mindlessness

VIP Member
I get overwhelmed with too many options and end up leaving the shop or sticking to my staples. Do you just try random products?
I rely a lot on recommendations (increasingly from Tattlers!). Plus I just sort of enjoy the whole beauty product world and so when my budget allows I like to treat myself with a new product to try. I also never add more than one new skincare product in at once so I can see if it makes a difference or not.

But there's also nothing wrong with finding what you love and sticking with them, especially if its working for you!

Reactions: 6

Mamacita

VIP Member
The Turkish version was me, I think it's a very similar concept. I have a Kissmee (they changed their name) from here, they're called Kese in Turkish. I've had mine for eight years and it's still going strong - you can also find very similar gloves on Amazon if you search for "kese" for a good price, I doubt it's a big difference to the one I have.

Sorry for double-post, won't let me edit anymore.

It's not really about looking more groomed, but is anyone taking vitamin D? I suspect I've a deficiency, as no matter how long I sleep I need to drag myself out of bed, often can't focus, etc. It wouldn't surprise me as I honestly rarely see sunlight and I work in a profession where it's fairly common. I don't want to go to the doctor to get it tested for a charge and was thinking about ordering some drops at 1000 units, which seems safe to me. Any more advice on this? Am I making up things because vitamin D was such a rave topic for the past few years?
At least in Scotland everyone is advised to supplement vitamin d in the winter. The only other advice I have is not to take it in the evening as it has been shown to interfere with sleep and also take it with food, especially fat

margaretta

VIP Member
Right everyone, not even sure if this is the right place but feck it. What’s everyone doing to stave off this lurgy? My partner just said I’m “always ill” and tbh, he’s got a point. I’ve had a chesty cough for days, permanently runny nose, sore body and just feel under the weather. I take iron, zinc, vit d and have a relatively healthy diet (ignore the daily white creme 🥚 egg).

how does everyone stay HEALTHY?! my immune system is shot to shit.
I also have two young kids which won’t help 😅
Use hand sanitizer all the time. I did before the pandemic.
Everytime you go out and touch door handles, trolleys, handrails etc, use a tiny bit before you do anything else with your hands. Seriously, it makes all the difference, especially if you work in an office with others. Also do this if you blow your nose.

take a multivitamin which ensures you get 100% of vitamin d and all the essentials.

drink lots of water as it helps flushes the system.
eat a balanced diet.

Pinkii

VIP Member
Im going to sound like an influencer here but having used skin+me (just the night time treatment) i’ve seen such a great result. My skin is really glowing and it has definitely helped the slight redness i had.

You can currently get a ‘free’ treatment, you just pay £3.50 for the postage. I saw results before my first treatment ended, im glad I continued it

• Heart

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
Is a lift lash and tint worth it? Was looking to book for January. This year my plan is to treat myself for a change. Also on the plan is a tiny but of botox around the crows feet

• Heart

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
Bit of an embarrassing one… does anybody else have a really hairy tummy and bum? 😅 I shave them because I’m so self-conscious of it, but I find that it grows back like stubble and is worse than before 😩 any suggestions for what to use?

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
right i'm pretty much leeching off this thread for advice but i'm sure someone here will be able to help - i have SUCH persistent under skin bumps on my forehead! not spots, just skin coloured bumps (not milia cos that's white iirc).

i drink litres and litres of water every day, don't eat well tbh but that doesn't affect the rest of my skin. not sure what else could cause them?

my skincare routine if that's of relevance is: the inkey list oat cleanser, inkey list hyaluronic acid, inkey list glucoside serum, corsx snail mucin essense, weleda skin food.
It feels like you are putting too much rich stuff on your skin.

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
Right everyone, not even sure if this is the right place but feck it. What’s everyone doing to stave off this lurgy? My partner just said I’m “always ill” and tbh, he’s got a point. I’ve had a chesty cough for days, permanently runny nose, sore body and just feel under the weather. I take iron, zinc, vit d and have a relatively healthy diet (ignore the daily white creme 🥚 egg).

how does everyone stay HEALTHY?! my immune system is shot to shit.
I also have two young kids which won’t help 😅
I take Vit D, iron and Vit C. Really think the vitamin c helps massively. Not only to help with iron absorption but to boost my immune system.

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
Do all of you go to the salon to get your nails done? I feel like a slob now 😬!

I don't have bad nails, but I don't know how to do them and I was never good at making them a nice shape and even worse at colouring them. Plus, anytime I tried they just chip at the tip as I type the whole day.
No. Used to religiously but stopped during covid and never got back into it. Now I keep them short and never paint them. My toenails are never unpainted though - I love doing home pedis!

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
I was a 10 and had this issue. Then I developed a lactose intolerance and I've lost well over a stone and my belly without even trying ( I cut out dairy ).
First of all, sorry about that, because it must have been annoying while you worked out what was going on! I hope you feel well now.

Do you feel like that’s what made a big difference? I might try that - have been toying with the idea of going vegan anyway so that might be the thing that makes the decision for me!

Thus far I’ve noticed that the biggest culprit is wine! It’s like I have two glasses and the fat pocket almost like fills up and sticks out. It’s sooooooo annoying! A week with no booze and the fat pouch is still there but way less pronounced.

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
OK I’m convinced! Just made my first Skin+Me order. Perfect timing as I’m nearly out of cleanser and moisturiser! Thanks everyone for the recommendations.

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Nice clean nails!

I always think everyone knows this already, but then I look around me in public transportation and I want to vomit when I see how many women don't take care 😱😱😱
I feel so ugly when I have bad nails. I bit them for about 24 years and managing to quit so I could have nice long nails is one of my greatest life achievements 🤣 I feel the same about my toenails now too, I hate feet but my feet with bare nails make me feel sick

• Heart

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
Amal Clooney is my ultimate glam inspo, she is skinny but I feel like brunette hair tends to be a lot shinier and generally looks healthier than blonde so to me mid-dark brown hair is peak glam (I’m mouse brown with balayage so don’t think I’m biased in saying that!)
@Thank(space)you I was going to say the same - I’m naturally dark blonde but actually think darker brunette hair is super polished / glam! I often look at women wearing all black with lovely shiny dark hair and think how put-together it looks - it’s not the same with blonde hair. And @judgejohndeed toooootally agree about Amal 🤩

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
Do all of you go to the salon to get your nails done? I feel like a slob now 😬!

I don't have bad nails, but I don't know how to do them and I was never good at making them a nice shape and even worse at colouring them. Plus, anytime I tried they just chip at the tip as I type the whole day.
I used to! But then during Covid I had to do them at home and then never really went back to the salon for manicures. These days I just keep the cuticles tidy, file them to the length I like, and use the Essie glow & shine strengthening product (it's sheer pink and hard to mess up!)

I still go for pedicures maybe 4 times a year (plus do upkeep at home).

• Heart

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
Whyyy do I always feel like you've gotta be skinny and blonde to be glam 😭 never feel goof even when I try. (Fat brunette here lol)
Amal Clooney is my ultimate glam inspo, she is skinny but I feel like brunette hair tends to be a lot shinier and generally looks healthier than blonde so to me mid-dark brown hair is peak glam (I’m mouse brown with balayage so don’t think I’m biased in saying that!)

calmyourritas

VIP Member
Has anyone had biab gels and can you recommend?

i used to be nail biter, and i stopped and my nails grew and they looked great. since babies though they have become very weak and as soon as they grow a little bit they chip or break. I feel like they are just very dry if that makes sense.

anyways i used to get gel pre kids but they would always peel within a few days no matter what i did so it was a waste of money.

long story short- is biab good/worth it for strengthening nails and for anyone who has peeling problems find the same with biab?
If your gel is peeling within a few days you’re going to a rubbish nail artist! I was the same, nails were so weak and breaking. My nail girl uses BIAB and gel on top and they last at least 4 weeks between appointments. Recently left them on for 7+ and they were absolutely fine (just overgrown)

Slaybutter

VIP Member
Does anyone have any tips for chin hair? Mine seems to be growing in thick 😩 I’ve been using wax strips but find that it doesn’t catch every hair
Sorry if I’m missing your point but I just want to say that I don’t think waxing is ever a one and done job. I don’t go for waxing anymore but I remember that legs they would have to sometimes repeat a spot with the same waxy strip to get a stubborn hair and eyebrows they’d have to go in with afterwards tweezer to do an exacting job

Reactions: 5

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Those exfoliating towels are amazing, as long as you let yourself soak in just water (no soap at first) it is horrifying/brilliant how much dead skin there is to remove on your first go!

Leggings chat, does anyone else wear bamboo clothing? Super soft, eco friendly, lasts and lasts, my go to brand https://bambooclothing.co.uk/

ETA Yes everyone should be taking vitamin D!

Codiaeum

VIP Member
Sorry to be a moany Minnie - I'm just really struggling with my image at the moment! I've always suffered with low self confodence/esteem and I've always thought myself ugly and unattractive - I've started working within a new role at work (Teaching Assistant in Reception) and I always feel ugly! I typically wear leggings, trainers and a sweatshirt, i have curly hair which i rarely style for work and bung up in a mum bun - as I'm up, down and whatever else - but I always feel slummy, which in turn lowers my mood! Doesn't help that the teacher is an attractive young lady and always looks lovely 🫠😂 I need to be comfortable, but I want to be fashionable and proud of my appearance whilst at work!? Any advice of some staple pieces or things I can do to make myself look and feel better!? Sorry for the essay - just needed to get how I felt off my chest! 😊
I’m not a fan of leggings at work, tbh, they don’t give me proper work vibes that I need to get in the mood, hence I avoid them. Jeans or Jeggins look and feel more put together to me and with Jeggings the comfort level is really high in my opinion.
I love those flowy lose shirts made of viscose, they are soft and comfortable ( and don’t need much ironing!). I’ve plenty of them from Only and Vila, they aren’t expensive either and I often just throw a cardigan over them.
A curly bun sounds lovely to me, I like messy buns, especially if a bit of curl is escaping!
Do you wear any makeup for work? I typically don’t but if I want to really get into a mood for an important thing or if I feel really meh I put some on. Helps for some reason I’d rather not question too deeply.

Carapop

VIP Member
Recommendations on a nice, understated mascara? Since using UKLash, my eyelashes are so long I look like a china doll which is not chill for my usual mascara. Maybe like Glossier but something I can buy from the high street.
What a humble brag! 😂❤

• Haha
  • Heart