Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As the title says, what are your tips for looking Groomed, Glamorous or Polished?

Whether it be on a budget or if you splash the cash, leave your tips below.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m no expert but this is what I do to try to look and feel better.

Keep your hair in good condition, wear a hair mask weekly.

Either treat yourself to a mani or DIY a home mani making your nails looking clean and fresh.

Iron clothes that need ironing, keeping them sharp

Polish/ clean shoes

Groom your eyebrows

Double cleanse your skin every night, wear a mask once a week. Your make up looks better if your skin is clean, smooth and bright.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Second keeping on top of your skin. I am religious with my skincare. It makes me feel good about myself. I work from home but still make sure my hair is clean and still blow dry/straighten it. I live in comfortable/dog walking clothes at moment but make sure I look clean and tidy at the same time. I treat myself to a lash and brow tint once a month. Face mask twice a week. Regular haircuts/dyes.This is more for me than what others think. I just prefer myself that way and helps with my mental health.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Wearing neutrals and simple pieces will automatically make you look more put together.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Start with the hair. You could have a fab outfit but if your hair is messy or greasy that's all you see. Clean, with an up to date cut. Clean lines not sloppy clothes. I also love a tracksuit but it has to match and clean white runners.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
A little bit of fake tan always makes me feel better & more groomed. Not enough to look tanned, just a bit to liven up my face, even out skin tone and take away the deathly pallor 🤣

I either use drops you add to serums/moisturisers (Tan Luxe, Isle of
Paradise, M&S) or a spray like this Ambre Solaire one (it’s for body but works fine).

I run a bit of balm through my brows first so it doesn’t grab there, otherwise just go for it.

• Heart
Coco Chanel about jewellery - “Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take at least one thing off.”

Reactions: 9
Keep nails clean and neat
iron clothes
dont wear too much makeup/fake tan
dont wear too much jewellery
if you find styling your hair hard put it in a neat ponytail/bun.

Reactions: 10
Olaplex has changed my drab hair. Expensive but worth it I find.
Botox three times a year
Monthly pedicure
Eyebrow wax and tint monthly
Lash tint monthly
Nails fortnightly
Skin peel weekly (Bodyshop drops of youth)
Cleanse, tone and moisturise every night
Lip scrub and balm every night
A good bra - there’s nothing worse than the girls hanging by your belly button
Clean shoes, no scuffs on trainers etc
Classic clothes that don’t go out of style
A nice winter coat
I think self care is so important

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Olaplex has changed my drab hair. Expensive but worth it I find.
Botox three times a year
Monthly pedicure
Eyebrow wax and tint monthly
Lash tint monthly
Nails fortnightly
Skin peel weekly (Bodyshop drops of youth)
Cleanse, tone and moisturise every night
Lip scrub and balm every night
A good bra - there’s nothing worse than the girls hanging by your belly button
Clean shoes, no scuffs on trainers etc
Classic clothes that don’t go out of style
A nice winter coat
Self care is so important
Absolutely second all of this with the addition of tan. I use st moriz express tan twice a week - I wfh so I put it on after my morning shower then wash it off on my break, I hate sleeping in tan especially in the summer so this is a life saver. I also exercise 5 times a week but if this isn’t for you then at least try and get out for a walk every day. Fresh air is a god send

Absolutely second all of this with the addition of tan. I use st moriz express tan twice a week - I wfh so I put it on after my morning shower then wash it off on my break, I hate sleeping in tan especially in the summer so this is a life saver. I also exercise 5 times a week but if this isn’t for you then at least try and get out for a walk every day. Fresh air is a god send
How did I forget tan?! 🤣 considering I currently stink of it you’d think I’d remember to put it down!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ugggghhh I wish so much I could wear tan and have my nails done all the time 😭😭😭 for me my biggest self care is my hair and my brows, brows every 5 weeks or so and hair every 2 months! There’s something about fresh brows and hair and having your skin looking perfect and fresh pyjamas and a clean house. Bliss!

Also your scent! Perfume when you go out of the house even if I’m in tracksuit I have to wear a nice perfume!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I just can’t afford to get my nails done. But they make me feel so put together and better if I do. I’ve started using primark glue on nails, lasting me 10 days - 14 days. I get so many comments on my glue on nails and they cost me £1!!!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Second keeping on top of your skin. I am religious with my skincare. It makes me feel good about myself. I work from home but still make sure my hair is clean and still blow dry/straighten it. I live in comfortable/dog walking clothes at moment but make sure I look clean and tidy at the same time. I treat myself to a lash and brow tint once a month. Face mask twice a week. Regular haircuts/dyes.This is more for me than what others think. I just prefer myself that way and helps with my mental health.
Which face mask do you recommend?

Reactions: 3
I just can’t afford to get my nails done. But they make me feel so put together and better if I do. I’ve started using primark glue on nails, lasting me 10 days - 14 days. I get so many comments on my glue on nails and they cost me £1!!!!
Last Xmas I waited forever at checkout because the cashier was admiring the nails on the lady in front of me. She used adhesives and I have to admit, they did look nice!!

P.S. Her nails were festive stripes with bands of gold glitter, which is why I remember the time of year :)

Reactions: 5
Which face mask do you recommend?
Charlotte Tilbury Goddess Clay Mask works wonders on my skin. It is expensive but you can get a smaller one for which lasts about 8 uses. I also love the Revolution detox strawberry face mask which is cheaper and makes my skin glow.

Reactions: 7
Honestly, having greasy hair is a major no no to feel polished. I see greasy hair ALOT when I’m out in town etc , even on women wearing head to toe designer and it’s like why bother. Seriously having clean hair is no. 1 in my books. Love all the tips ye gave ❤

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.