Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Whyyy do I always feel like you've gotta be skinny and blonde to be glam 😭 never feel goof even when I try. (Fat brunette here lol)
I feel like everything looks good when you’re skinny. I’m a size 12, which I feel like is pretty average but I still feel huge when I try on clothes. This girl I follow on Instagram has an amazing body, she manages to make Primark outfits look like they’re from high end boutiques

• Heart
Reactions: 7

dee_mc

VIP Member
I never get round to painting mine anymore but keep them short and neat. Even get the odd compliment on them as they're a nice shape.

I don't think it matters what you do with your nails as long as they're fairly well maintained - I rarely notice particularly nice nails on a person, male or female, but often notice ones that are uneven, dirty, grown out gels or chipped polish, scraggy cuticles etc.

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I wear Birkenstocks most of the day, the open kind, with socks. No lengthy walking in shoes or anything, as I work from home. I’ll sniff the shoes in the morning when he’s away, I’m too embarrassed right now :ROFLMAO: after showering my feet definitely don’t smell and I fear it transferred from the slippers to my socks.
Might be the Birks, mine stink. They’re cork so they pick up smells.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Does anyone have any K-beauty skincare favourites? I've realised there's a shop in London and want to dip my toe in.
Oh fun! I buy stuff from PureSeoul online. I love the Snail Mucin Essense from Cosrx and also the Propolis Vitamin Sleeping Mask from Iunik. Whenever I am in a K beauty store I also like to just pick up a random assortment of sheet masks.

Oh also remembered, if you've ever been tempted by the SKII essense, Missha makes one which is great (and less expensive) https://pureseoul.co.uk/collections...volution-the-first-treatment-essence-5x-150ml

• Heart

happylife32

So I opted for gels on my natural nails in the end, but the nail tech done a little pattern and I adore it! Thank you for all of the advice :)

• Heart

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
My beauty buys
1 Shrine hair colour. It comes in a small bottle and you mix a few drops with conditioner. Since deciding to go grey I use it to do a few highlights. I have acqua, blue, purple and pink. It lasts about 10 washes so I can change according to my mood.
2 Mac cream blusher. Always used powder but this is amazing and the consultant suggested a colour that was one that I wouldn’t have considered.
3 Astral. Not as a moisturiser but as a makeup remover with a face cloth. A friend with great skin said she used it and I am hooked.
4 L’Oréal lipsticks. Just as good as my favourite Bobbi Brown but cheaper.
5 Rosalique cream. Great for redness and rosacea and is a tinted moisturiser that improves your skin

Reactions: 6

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I’ve been adding a little Isle of Paradise in with my evening moisturiser and I feel so much better. That little colour makes all the difference!

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
Have you tried mousse? I know some people find that helps their hair hold curls better. I don't much like the feel of my hair with it though so rarely use it (and my curls then don't last long ha).
I had a similar problem but been using Percy and Reed mousse that came in my advent calendar. It really works and doesn’t feel grungy.
My daughter keeps telling me to use better hair products and not just whatever is on offer as it will make my hair look better and I think she might be right.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Got my consultation for my boobs coming up. How long do initial consultations take? I know it's only initial stages but it's abit nerve racking actually turning my dreams into reality, I know that sounds really cheesy and daft but I've always been soooo insecure and unhappy with them. Everyone says they don't notice how flat chested I am but they will say that won't they. Had the love your body as it is brigade out in force as well - once I've had my boobs done I will come and join the gang chill.

• Heart

LittleLizzy1985

Im going to sound like an influencer here but having used skin+me (just the night time treatment) i’ve seen such a great result. My skin is really glowing and it has definitely helped the slight redness i had.

You can currently get a ‘free’ treatment, you just pay £3.50 for the postage. I saw results before my first treatment ended, im glad I continued it
I've been meaning to come on here and thank everyone who recommended my skin and me! I LOVE this thread!!

I noticed a difference after a couple of days use; I still use my obagi cleanser and toner and combined with the my skin and me, my skin is glowing - the texture has massively improved and my rosecea is starting to reduce too!

I've renewed and paid the £25 for the next month, it feels a little steep for how much you get but it's worth it!

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
Love the gross satisfaction of a peeling footmask!

I used a foot cream with urea in it nightly for foot skin maintenance. Boots and Superdrug both sell a few brands, but I like the Eucerin one.

House of Tea

VIP Member
Ok…what were your top 5 buys of 2022 for beautifying yourself?

Mine
  1. MD Blow hairdryer
  2. Dizziak conditioner
  3. Bare Biology Collagen Powder
  4. Jo Loves Pomelo perfume
  5. Peaches and Cream cleanser (Soap and Glory)
Yours?

Blair-Waldorf

VIP Member
Thanks to whoever recommended body brushing last thread I’ve done it a few times and can feel a difference already

the LRP cicaplast is amazing I use it on my newborn it clears up milk spots in no time

this cold weather is destroying my face! My eyelid skin is like lizard skin and all sore and scaly. Any tips??

addicted to this thread btw!
it sounds mad but nipple cream. I used to use Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream then when I had kids i thought nipple cream was a similar consistency so I googled it and lanolin is the main ingredient of 8 hour cream

• Heart

pinkmug

VIP Member
If you have dry, chapped lips, get your hands on some shea butter. Wow. I had treated myself to a mini tub of it from L'occitane and used it last night for the first time. Overnight, it's healed almost completely, I'm shocked. I'll give my lips a scrub today and then stick to this for the winter. It's pricey so I'm sure I won't pay for the full size but I'm sure any shea butter should do.

pinkmug

VIP Member
Whyyy do I always feel like you've gotta be skinny and blonde to be glam 😭 never feel goof even when I try. (Fat brunette here lol)
I feel the same way. Being glam isn't exactly my goal but I never feel elegant. It may be a state of mind but the way one looks sure does help. A goal of mine this year is to be kind to myself so I'm practising a better language when I talk to myself or about myself, but when the time to buy a piece of clothing I need arrives, I feel like tearing my whole skin off. :rolleyes: I hate comparing myself to unattainable ideals (for me), it always leaves me feeling like a cave woman when the truth is far from it. It's hard to rewire the mind but the effort will be worth the results, I hope.

• Heart

Agent Cooper

Chatty Member
Do all of you go to the salon to get your nails done? I feel like a slob now 😬!

I don't have bad nails, but I don't know how to do them and I was never good at making them a nice shape and even worse at colouring them. Plus, anytime I tried they just chip at the tip as I type the whole day.
I do mine at home, 10+ years of experience so my manicures are pretty much salon-worthy (I don’t mean to boast, it’s just one of the few things in life I’m genuinely good at haha). I don’t think not having your nails done means you are a slob, it’s such a personal choice to be honest. If you want to try to do them yourself, it might be worth it going to the salon once to get them shaped and learn all the little tips and tricks, and then you can just maintain the shape at home.
My tips would be: 1) investing in some nice and sharp manicure scissors and a glass nail file 2) using cuticle oil regularly (mine is Essie) 3) always using a base coat 4) only using tried and tested nail polishes that have staying power and don’t chip easily. I like Essie and CND but I’m always on a lookout for more. I’ve also noticed my polish doesn’t chip that much when my nails are short and oval (as opposed to square/round and long).

• Heart

Frau_guru

I don't do my nails in salon, unfortunately I know few girls who got some kind of infections 😱

Instead I bought on Amazon UV lamp, and set of UV nail polish, with base and top coat.
I keep my nails short and I apply this UV nail polish like any normal nail polish.
It last me solid 2 weeks (bright colours) or 3 weeks (nude).
Usually I buy a set of few colours from company Elite99, they are inexpensive and easy to use.
One set last me around 1.5 years.

dee_mc

VIP Member
I think I’m better off not seeing that close!

@Zulkraa do you find you need to do it a lot? I used to tweeze but felt they started to come in a lot more regularly which is why I thought waxing might last a bit longer inbetween . I live quite remote so we don’t have anyone who does threading although I’d be interested in trying it
I use the (obnoxiously fruit "flavoured") Veet facial wax strips. They are overpriced but do a good job of getting rid of most of mine, and the rest I can sort with tweezers.

I've also used hot wax that comes in its own little metal saucepan, applied with a wee wooden spatula and pulled off the skin directly (no fabric strips) - more effective, less expensive in the longrun and satisfying in a very gross way, but melting the wax without proper equipment is a pain (mostly as my hob is an induction one)

I've never had that area threaded but having had my eyebrows threaded once when I was ovulating, I'd advise getting it done at a different time of the month