Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kool Aid

I wouldn't bother from experience having a fella working away

1) they won't notice

2) they don't care

3) for the past 6 weeks he's probably been dipping it in brothels. Save yourself the aggro and buy a fuck off Chinese and wine.
Umm luckily my other half is nothing like yours 🥲 sorry you had a shit time but not all men who travel for work are dirt bags...

And he will definitely notice when I go from sleep deprived SAHM to sexy milf 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

LucysOpenCupboard

HELP! My boyfriend has been working away for the last 6 weeks and he comes home on Friday!! So I want to be looking beautiful for his arrival as I'm a sahm to 2 young kids so usually I'm looking like a hot mess!

I've booked to get my nails done, going to ti t my eyebrows and wash my hair the day he arrives. Also going to shave the pits, vag snd legs (im going all out here hahaha) Any other tips? I'm on a budget too 

I'm also tidying the house ready for his arrival and got his favourite drink and snacks stocked up. Any other welcome home ideas?

Thanks ladies

I wouldn't bother from experience having a fella working away

1) they won't notice

2) they don't care

3) for the past 6 weeks he's probably been dipping it in brothels. Save yourself the aggro and buy a fuck off Chinese and wine.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

Olive16

Anyone else having a serious case of the January Blues - I'm so unmotivated with all aspects! 😫😫

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Burrito88

VIP Member
HELP! My boyfriend has been working away for the last 6 weeks and he comes home on Friday!! So I want to be looking beautiful for his arrival as I'm a sahm to 2 young kids so usually I'm looking like a hot mess!

I've booked to get my nails done, going to ti t my eyebrows and wash my hair the day he arrives. Also going to shave the pits, vag snd legs (im going all out here hahaha) Any other tips? I'm on a budget too 💚

I'm also tidying the house ready for his arrival and got his favourite drink and snacks stocked up. Any other welcome home ideas?

Thanks ladies
Ignore the above rude person! 🙄

What about a nice vitamin C face mask to brighten up your skin? The garnier one is only about £3.
A new underwear set maybe? Primark have got all the Valentines bits in ❤🔥
Maybe get the kids to make a banner for the front door and a card?

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Asking for a friend*

If one were using tanning moisturiser and now has orange patches due to psoriasis on their hands that salt scrub and hand-wash has not shifted, what would one use to make said skin appear normal skin colour, as opposed to looking like they've been smoking 50 a day since birth?

*It's me, hi, I'm the problem it's me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
Don’t know if anyone listens to Sliced Bread on BBC Sounds but they did one recently on Shampoo and whether it’s worth buying more expensive stuff.

Definitely give it a listen because it was really interesting- but the experts they spoke to seemed to advise that there’s not much difference shampoo wise. You’re better off investing in decent conditioner.

But what I found most interesting was about shampoo bars- it said that to make it solid enough they have to use more oils/different types of cleaners that only strip the dirt out of your hair without stripping away all your natural oils. I thought that was fascinating. I switched to them cause of the plastic issues but never considered they’re actually better for your hair.

Anyway… just thought I’d share cause I’ve pissed away so much money in the past on expensive shampoo and conditioner and a lot of the time it’s not made as much difference as the price would have you believe!

• Heart
Reactions: 23

MissHavisham

Chatty Member
Hey, random but I’ve started taking Biotin tablets this week in the hope of it promoting hair growth and they are giving me awful headaches! Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if changing brands helped or whether I should just scrap them x
I put on half a stone out of nowhere and couldn't think why. Only new thing in my life was Biotin. So I stopped taking the tablets and about three days later I'd pissed the 7 lbs back out.

• Wow
Reactions: 21

YellowLadybird

Chatty Member
Thank you. I've never had an operation before. I went my GP before who said they are so small she would consider them disfigured ( I was 7 months pregnant at the time). They've never grown during pregnancy, never produced milk. So you can imagine how much they bother me.
That's a ridiculous thing for the GP to say. Your milk doesn't even start to come in until after baby is born and you get all those lovey-dovey-bonding hormones. Babies are actually physiologically designed to 'go hungry' for the first few days of life, whilst they get a grasp on feeding and the mother has a chance to produce something to sustain them with.

Small boobs during/after pregnancy does NOT make you 'disfigured'. My mother, who exclusively breastfed 2 children, only went from an A Cup to a B Cup during that time. The actual milk ducts are very small and their effectiveness is not related to the amount of fat you are carrying alongside them.

I'm sorry you were shamed like that, and please don't feel that you are in any way inferior for having to bottle feed or supplement your baby. The most important thing is that baby is fed and growing, and that mum is healthy and able to recover from birth to look after them. Breast v Bottle is not a measure of how good a parent anyone is.

Sorry, rant over!

• Heart

Mickey19

My new favorite thing to do on an evening is use some weleda skin food mousturiser (have to rub it in your palms to warm it up as it’s v thick) mixed with a couple drops of luxe tanning drops. Face looks like an oily mess but by the next morning i have such a nice natural glowy face and it lasts a few days!

Some People!

Chatty Member
What casual, comfy clothes do y’all wear at the weekends. So you look relaxed and warm but still groomed / put together … and not like a homeless lady wearing 27 layers. I find casual dressing hard.
If I'm at home and not expecting visitors, I straight up wear 27 layers and look homeless 🤷‍♀️

I wear pyjamas or what passes for "leisure wear" chez moi; bleach-spotted trackie bottoms, literal 30+ year old band tshirts, actual hospital scrubs and gigantic hoodies all of which look especially mental with my sheepskin booties, absence of makeup, and Robert Smith hair.

I don't see the point in putting in any effort or generating any unnecessary laundry for myself if I don't need to and there's no one there to see anyways.

I obv wear human clothes, arrange my hair, and draw a better face on when I'm amongst people though.

Anyone else a massive scrubber? Just me?

• Heart
Reactions: 20

goosecat

Tattlers - I've been suffering with some serious January Blues! I feel tired all the time and zero effort is being made on my part! 🥲 I feel like I want to re-invent myself and start putting myself first a bit more (Working Mumma of Three) - I'm 35 - and going through some sort of style crisis and don't know quite how I want to dress. I like oversized (possibly because I hate my body and I feel it hides me!?) And I quite like gender neutral fashion - however I do have days where I want to be girly. I have curly hair which if I make effort can be nice - I guess my biggest vicious cycle is wanting to make effort, but lacking time, and feeling tired and that gets me feeling down in the dumps! I'm just fed up of feeling ugly and repeating this cycle of feeling this way... sorry for the essay and if you've read this far... 👏👏 Help a Gal out and Throw me some motivation and positivity! X
I started investing my time/money in things that make me look better with less time and effort if that makes sense- e.g facial tanning drops and a proper skincare routine at night mean no foundation needed in the mornings, I laminate my own brows once a month and do my own lash extensions once a week using tattilashes so no need to do those in the morning either. Laser hair removal so I don’t need to shave, and nano ring hair extensions mean I actually spend less time doing my hair each morning as they sort of hide the bits of my natural hair that won’t sit right. I fake tan once a week and feel like it makes such a difference to how I view my body too.
I also recently made a list of items to make a ‘capsule wardrobe’- then went through my wardrobe and got rid of about half of it, anything that wasn’t on my capsule wardrobe list, and bought new stuff to complete it. Now I won’t buy any clothing unless I can picture at least 5 outfits I could use it with. I used insta for inspo!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Zulkraa

VIP Member
Does anyone have any tips for chin hair? Mine seems to be growing in thick 😩 I’ve been using wax strips but find that it doesn’t catch every hair
I’ve got a 20x magnifying mirror, a good pair of Tweezerman tweezers and the torch on my phone. Pulling out my chin hairs is one of my guilty pleasures 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

goosecat

Can I be really cheeky please and ask to see your list?
I don’t actually have it anymore but the main staples were;
Faux Leather trousers and leggings
Blue Straight legs jeans
mom jeans
Black plain skinny jeans
Nude leggings
Black leggings
White Shirt dress
Couple of nice thick jumpers for over the shirt dress
Couple of plain thin turtlenecks
Couple of plain round neck tops/bodysuits
Plain white shirt
Cropped jumper for over said shirt
A few good quality tights
Black side slit mini skirt
Grey plated mini skirt
Black skort
Black heeled boots
Black Chelsea boots
Doc martens
High top converse
Chunky trainers
Grey cashmere jumper
White tracksuit set
Knee high heeled black boots
Leather jacket
Aviator jacket
Fitted black blazer
Oversized nude blazer
Massive long black puffy coat (I love it even though I look like a football manager in it)
Fitted black ribbed mini dress
Ugg ultra mini (not a great choice tbh as I don’t see them staying in style for long)

I do have a fair bit more than this but these are the ones I think I’ll get most wear out of, and may cut my wardrobe down more yet.

I’m debating adding a trench coat and some of those black loafers everyone seems to be wearing, but will give it a month and see if I still want them!

and then gym outfits and about 5 going out outfits (like white wide leg trousers, corset crop top and heels) ontop of this, also I have a whole other one for summer!

I tried to get things that aren’t just a fad style and also I’m (slowly) getting rid of bits from fast fashion places (good bye shein :( ) and replacing them with high quality bits, mostly off vinted.

• Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
Guys, I’ve been using UKlash after reading about it on here for about 3 months. I knew it was working but I’ve been convalescing for a long time and not wearing makeup. Today I put two layers of mascara on and all day people have been mesmerised by my eyelashes even with my glasses on! My daughter was astonished! They are phenomenal! I’m 61 by the way x

• Heart

Olive16

Thankyou all for your Lovely advice! I spent a bit of time last night in the bath whilst the kids were in bed... shaved & moisturised. I'm booked to get my hair done end of the week as well as a brow shape, tint amd Gels! I've some Tatti Lashes sitting in my drawer which I'm still yet to use... so may well do that over the weekend - as well as declutter my wardrobe and make a start on a capsule wardrobe! Any must have follows on Insta for this sort of thing? Thankyou Tattlers 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Olive16

Tattlers - I've been suffering with some serious January Blues! I feel tired all the time and zero effort is being made on my part! 🥲 I feel like I want to re-invent myself and start putting myself first a bit more (Working Mumma of Three) - I'm 35 - and going through some sort of style crisis and don't know quite how I want to dress. I like oversized (possibly because I hate my body and I feel it hides me!?) And I quite like gender neutral fashion - however I do have days where I want to be girly. I have curly hair which if I make effort can be nice - I guess my biggest vicious cycle is wanting to make effort, but lacking time, and feeling tired and that gets me feeling down in the dumps! I'm just fed up of feeling ugly and repeating this cycle of feeling this way... sorry for the essay and if you've read this far... 👏👏 Help a Gal out and Throw me some motivation and positivity! X

• Heart
Reactions: 17

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
Whyyy do I always feel like you've gotta be skinny and blonde to be glam 😭 never feel goof even when I try. (Fat brunette here lol)
You need to start following some new people on socials darling. There are some gorgeous curvier brunettes - look at Nigella! Salma, Penelope… reacquaint yourself with non skinny blondes.

• Heart
Reactions: 17