Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What casual, comfy clothes do y’all wear at the weekends. So you look relaxed and warm but still groomed / put together … and not like a homeless lady wearing 27 layers. I find casual dressing hard.
I like White Stuff for casual tops/slighly elevated sweatshirts etc. Mint Velvet have good cardigans with a bit of detail without being fussy.
Christ could it be any clearer I'm in my mid/late thirties? Excruciating.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
What casual, comfy clothes do y’all wear at the weekends. So you look relaxed and warm but still groomed / put together … and not like a homeless lady wearing 27 layers. I find casual dressing hard.
Weekends it depends what I’m doing. Today for example I wore black leggings, Anine Bing sweater and some adidas sambas. We went to soft play and needed some bits from primark and next. Gym wear is my friend in January-March 🤣.

Reactions: 2
How casual are you talking? I like Adanola for leggings/jumper basics. X

If I'm at home and not expecting visitors, I straight up wear 27 layers and look homeless 🤷‍♀️

I wear pyjamas or what passes for "leisure wear" chez moi; bleach-spotted trackie bottoms, literal 30+ year old band tshirts, actual hospital scrubs and gigantic hoodies all of which look especially mental with my sheepskin booties, absence of makeup, and Robert Smith hair.

I don't see the point in putting in any effort or generating any unnecessary laundry for myself if I don't need to and there's no one there to see anyways.

I obv wear human clothes, arrange my hair, and draw a better face on when I'm amongst people though.

Anyone else a massive scrubber? Just me?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Anyone ever used this company for dupes?

I’ve used perfume parlour and essence vault. They’re both really good. What scent specifically are you looking for?

Long jumper and leggings. I cannot slob entirely so this works well for me. Jumpers from Arket and leggings from M&S.

If I'm at home and not expecting visitors, I straight up wear 27 layers and look homeless 🤷‍♀️

I wear pyjamas or what passes for "leisure wear" chez moi; bleach-spotted trackie bottoms, literal 30+ year old band tshirts, actual hospital scrubs and gigantic hoodies all of which look especially mental with my sheepskin booties, absence of makeup, and Robert Smith hair.

I don't see the point in putting in any effort or generating any unnecessary laundry for myself if I don't need to and there's no one there to see anyways.

I obv wear human clothes, arrange my hair, and draw a better face on when I'm amongst people though.

Anyone else a massive scrubber? Just me?
I put pjs on as soon as I get home. I end up doing DIY in my dressing gown and slippers.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
H&m beige collared jumpers and adanola leggings

I've gained about 3lb. Doesn't sound alot but I'm 5 ft so really feel it. My weight goes to all the places I don't want it too. Face, gut and hips.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've gained about 3lb. Doesn't sound alot but I'm 5 ft so really feel it. My weight goes to all the places I don't want it too. Face, gut and hips.
I hear you, I'm also 5ft and you truly see each fluctuation so much. It seems mostly to go into my lower stomach area and hips...

I work from home, so my weekend wear doesn't look much different than what I wear to work. I wear jeans or jeggings at home, I don't like leggings on me, and then mostly a t-shirt made of viscose and a cardigan over that. Sounds basic, is basic, but it's comfortable and not constricting. Plus I feel like I can safely open the door without being embarrassed and I don't need to change if I want to take a walk. I can't stand that feeling that I can't just go out so I'd rather wear something where I don't need to get dressed again if I want to go out...

Reactions: 10
If anyone’s looking for a nice perfume, I sprayed myself with Parle Moi Flavia Vanilla in Selfridges the other day and a) it was lovely. A sophisticated vanilla scent, not overly sweet and sugary and b) it lasted forever - I had a shower and I could still smell it on my wrist almost as strong as before I’d washed! It’s expensive though, so now I’m trying to justify treating myself to it for my birthday.

Reactions: 8
Has anyone got any good recommendations for black leggings?
not adanola I don’t like the new shiny material
Thank you!

I've seen those primark leggings with the fluffy cuffs. Now I would normally call the police if someone suggested primark clothing to me but I really like the look of these. Should I do it or is the quality just tit?

• Haha
I've seen those primark leggings with the fluffy cuffs. Now I would normally call the police if someone suggested primark clothing to me but I really like the look of these. Should I do it or is the quality just tit?
The quality is tit, every time I buy primark leggings I regret it with my life. Also bought primark joggers on a whim because I needed new ones and they have shed soooooo much, it’s honestly horrific, even after washing them

I bought adanola leggings after someone on here recommended them, I haven’t worn them yet but the material is really soft and the quality feels amazing!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The quality is tit, every time I buy primark leggings I regret it with my life. Also bought primark joggers on a whim because I needed new ones and they have shed soooooo much, it’s honestly horrific, even after washing them

I bought adanola leggings after someone on here recommended them, I haven’t worn them yet but the material is really soft and the quality feels amazing!
Ooo I see them adanola leggings on vinted all the time. Might invest in a pair then if they are good. I've never worn primark clothes just assume cause they are cheap the quality is tit and I just can't do that to myself lol.

At home with no plans to see anyone or go anywhere it's leggings/tshirt/big cardi/jumper as Im usually doing my housework. No make up and hair a riot.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.