Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Luxe Inspirations on Insta are great! They do cheap ones they buy in bulk but you can also request specific doops by DM. I have a great LV copy and it’s made from real leather with velvet inside! 😍
Wow thanks!!! How much was it if I can be cheeky?

Reactions: 1
Wow thanks!!! How much was it if I can be cheeky?
So I paid £120 for mine but it’s a very well made bag in itself, lovely leather and gorgeous inside too. Seams all match up perfectly, even comes in a dust bag and box like the real thing 🤣 I think mine was quite pricey because it was quite a small collection from a few years ago (the Alice in Wonderland inspired one) so took a while to source! But they do others for much cheaper depending on what your budget is!

I bought some Skims. I bought 2 bra tops, the round bra top is great, but the triangle one my boobs pop out and I sized up to xl after buying the large as I was 34G. They are very comfortable, but I bought a pack of 3 (grey, pale pink and navy) bralettes from M and S and they are just as comfy!

Reactions: 3
Recommendations on a nice, understated mascara? Since using UKLash, my eyelashes are so long I look like a china doll which is not chill for my usual mascara. Maybe like Glossier but something I can buy from the high street.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Recommendations on a nice, understated mascara? Since using UKLash, my eyelashes are so long I look like a china doll which is not chill for my usual mascara. Maybe like Glossier but something I can buy from the high street.
I like Max Factor Masterpiece when I'm looking for something like you've described.

I really rate the Catrice mascaras, I haven't bought anything else in ten years or so. I've used multiple from their GlamDoll range and couldn't find any obvious differences between them. The sensitive one is really nice and doesn't make my lashes rock solid.

What a humble brag! 😂❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Haha.

Wish this was me but been using uklash for over a month and there's barely any difference 😭
I only seen a slight difference in my lash length 🫤 what I did notice was the texture of my lashes changed, but am all back to normal now since iv stopped using it and it didn’t take that long either

Reactions: 2
Tattlers - I've been suffering with some serious January Blues! I feel tired all the time and zero effort is being made on my part! 🥲 I feel like I want to re-invent myself and start putting myself first a bit more (Working Mumma of Three) - I'm 35 - and going through some sort of style crisis and don't know quite how I want to dress. I like oversized (possibly because I hate my body and I feel it hides me!?) And I quite like gender neutral fashion - however I do have days where I want to be girly. I have curly hair which if I make effort can be nice - I guess my biggest vicious cycle is wanting to make effort, but lacking time, and feeling tired and that gets me feeling down in the dumps! I'm just fed up of feeling ugly and repeating this cycle of feeling this way... sorry for the essay and if you've read this far... 👏👏 Help a Gal out and Throw me some motivation and positivity! X

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Tattlers - I've been suffering with some serious January Blues! I feel tired all the time and zero effort is being made on my part! 🥲 I feel like I want to re-invent myself and start putting myself first a bit more (Working Mumma of Three) - I'm 35 - and going through some sort of style crisis and don't know quite how I want to dress. I like oversized (possibly because I hate my body and I feel it hides me!?) And I quite like gender neutral fashion - however I do have days where I want to be girly. I have curly hair which if I make effort can be nice - I guess my biggest vicious cycle is wanting to make effort, but lacking time, and feeling tired and that gets me feeling down in the dumps! I'm just fed up of feeling ugly and repeating this cycle of feeling this way... sorry for the essay and if you've read this far... 👏👏 Help a Gal out and Throw me some motivation and positivity! X
My biggest tip is step-by-step. Work on one thing at a time - maybe this week it's styling your hair, next week you give yourself a mani, week after that you buy some things to jazz up your wardrobe. Work on little habits that fit in around your life and make a difference to your self-confidence and mood.

Also January sucks. Totally empathise with the blues. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anyone got any skims?
yesss….honestly the bras are so so comfortable. I have some bikinis from last summer highly recommend. I hate giving her more coins but skims are probably the most comfortable bras you can find.

What about starting with grooming? Gel nails, a brow tint & wax etc last a while and save time in the morning and mean you wake up feeling decent. I like a layer of light fake tan too for the same reason and I need less make up to look presentable in the morning with it. For clothes, maybe follow someone with a similar shape to you on Instagram to get some inspiration for what can work for your shape. I personally feel massive in anything oversized so I go for fitted things and I don't care if that's not on trend. I have slim ankles so favour a slightly cropped trouser to show them off, little hacks like that really help me to feel good about my body. I plan my work outfits on a Sunday night so that I know what I'm throwing on (and that it is clean) in advance. Hope that helps and that you are feeling your best soon!
Edited to add, I also love a bit of Botox for stopping me looking knackered. I know it's not for everyone but I've spent a small fortune on skincare/makeup and nothing has come close for me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
What about starting with grooming? Gel nails, a brow tint & wax etc last a while and save time in the morning and mean you wake up feeling decent. I like a layer of light fake tan too for the same reason and I need less make up to look presentable in the morning with it. For clothes, maybe follow someone with a similar shape to you on Instagram to get some inspiration for what can work for your shape. I personally feel massive in anything oversized so I go for fitted things and I don't care if that's not on trend. I have slim ankles so favour a slightly cropped trouser to show them off, little hacks like that really help me to feel good about my body. I plan my work outfits on a Sunday night so that I know what I'm throwing on (and that it is clean) in advance. Hope that helps and that you are feeling your best soon!
Edited to add, I also love a bit of Botox for stopping me looking knackered. I know it's not for everyone but I've spent a small fortune on skincare/makeup and nothing has come close for me.
Agree with all, apart from the Botox. Love a little fake tan to make me feel better. It’s getting colder but the sun is coming out - always makes me feel better. Maybe take some vitamin D tablets?

• Heart
I started investing my time/money in things that make me look better with less time and effort if that makes sense- e.g facial tanning drops and a proper skincare routine at night mean no foundation needed in the mornings, I laminate my own brows once a month and do my own lash extensions once a week using tattilashes so no need to do those in the morning either. Laser hair removal so I don’t need to shave, and nano ring hair extensions mean I actually spend less time doing my hair each morning as they sort of hide the bits of my natural hair that won’t sit right. I fake tan once a week and feel like it makes such a difference to how I view my body too.
I also recently made a list of items to make a ‘capsule wardrobe’- then went through my wardrobe and got rid of about half of it, anything that wasn’t on my capsule wardrobe list, and bought new stuff to complete it. Now I won’t buy any clothing unless I can picture at least 5 outfits I could use it with. I used insta for inspo!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I started investing my time/money in things that make me look better with less time and effort if that makes sense- e.g facial tanning drops and a proper skincare routine at night mean no foundation needed in the mornings, I laminate my own brows once a month and do my own lash extensions once a week using tattilashes so no need to do those in the morning either. Laser hair removal so I don’t need to shave, and nano ring hair extensions mean I actually spend less time doing my hair each morning as they sort of hide the bits of my natural hair that won’t sit right. I fake tan once a week and feel like it makes such a difference to how I view my body too.
I also recently made a list of items to make a ‘capsule wardrobe’- then went through my wardrobe and got rid of about half of it, anything that wasn’t on my capsule wardrobe list, and bought new stuff to complete it. Now I won’t buy any clothing unless I can picture at least 5 outfits I could use it with. I used insta for inspo!
Can I be really cheeky please and ask to see your list?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.