Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Liberty beauty box is due for delivery today. Can’t wait!!

I’m looking for some long wide legged black suit trousers - any ideas?

Reactions: 1

Not Reiss - I got some trousers from there in desperation and they feel so cheap, crease like mad and pick up every dust particle in a five mile radius. I’m so disappointed. They were so expensive and I ordered them online and was desperate so I kept them but I wish I’d just returned them.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Not Reiss - I got some trousers from there in desperation and they feel so cheap, crease like mad and pick up every dust particle in a five mile radius. I’m so disappointed. They were so expensive and I ordered them online and was desperate so I kept them but I wish I’d just returned them.
Pop them on Vinted? Reiss clothing gets snapped up quickly on there.

Reactions: 2
when’s your consultation? I have mine on the 20th Feb. Ive always been a B cup. I think exclusively bf my 6 yo for 2 years totally messed them up. I was going to get one last year but ended up pregnant🤣.
Mines Next week. Honestly I'm the same, desperately trying to avoid pregnancy, preferably forever but until after my boobs are done is more realistic for me lol.

That's a ridiculous thing for the GP to say. Your milk doesn't even start to come in until after baby is born and you get all those lovey-dovey-bonding hormones. Babies are actually physiologically designed to 'go hungry' for the first few days of life, whilst they get a grasp on feeding and the mother has a chance to produce something to sustain them with.

Small boobs during/after pregnancy does NOT make you 'disfigured'. My mother, who exclusively breastfed 2 children, only went from an A Cup to a B Cup during that time. The actual milk ducts are very small and their effectiveness is not related to the amount of fat you are carrying alongside them.

I'm sorry you were shamed like that, and please don't feel that you are in any way inferior for having to bottle feed or supplement your baby. The most important thing is that baby is fed and growing, and that mum is healthy and able to recover from birth to look after them. Breast v Bottle is not a measure of how good a parent anyone is.

Sorry, rant over!
You sound alot smarter then that doctor lol. Thanks ❤❤.

My old reccomendation would have been Jaeger but I don't even think they exist anymore! Theory makes good suit trousers but they are more expensive. On the High Street, Cos and Arket sometimes have good trousers!

My old reccomendation would have been Jaeger but I don't even think they exist anymore! Theory makes good suit trousers but they are more expensive. On the High Street, Cos and Arket sometimes have good trousers!
Oooh M&S do a line with jaeger now!

What’s everyones thoughts on dermatologica? I’ve just had a facial and it was lovely but the salon was heavily sponsored/endorsed by them and she recommended three products at nearly £70 a bottle. I don’t mind if they work but I did feel a bit pushed, so I’ve held off in hope of your advice.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
What’s everyones thoughts on dermatologica? I’ve just had a facial and it was lovely but the salon was heavily sponsored/endorsed by them and she recommended three products at nearly £70 a bottle. I don’t mind if they work but I did feel a bit pushed, so I’ve held off in hope of your advice.
Check them out on makeup alley

Is anyone into hair oiling?

I’m using rosemary diluted with almond oil and I think my hair is growing a bit quicker…

Reactions: 3
I’ve used this brand for over 10 years and really rare it, pricey but usually lasts quite a while. Obviously what works for me, may not work for you but I can only say good things about it

I do like their daily microfoliant! I got the mini bottle and it literally lasts forever cos you use so little. You can get dermalogica on asos with 20% when they do their discount codes btw

Is anyone into hair oiling?

I’m using rosemary diluted with almond oil and I think my hair is growing a bit quicker…
I was using castor for a bit and found new growth on the bits I was focusing on. Got a new one this week that’s got a variety of diff oils in

Reactions: 3
this is a bit niche but has anyone used / can recommend products with argireline in?? my mum got sucked in by an instagram ad for a 'miracle cream' type and i obviously don't trust that sort of thing being a bit more tech savvy and aware of scams. that ingredient was mentioned specifically so i've suggested the ordinary serum to her but as its oos i thought i'd ask for recs. linked it too!

Asking for a friend*

If one were using tanning moisturiser and now has orange patches due to psoriasis on their hands that salt scrub and hand-wash has not shifted, what would one use to make said skin appear normal skin colour, as opposed to looking like they've been smoking 50 a day since birth?

*It's me, hi, I'm the problem it's me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Sorry to be a moany Minnie - I'm just really struggling with my image at the moment! I've always suffered with low self confodence/esteem and I've always thought myself ugly and unattractive - I've started working within a new role at work (Teaching Assistant in Reception) and I always feel ugly! I typically wear leggings, trainers and a sweatshirt, i have curly hair which i rarely style for work and bung up in a mum bun - as I'm up, down and whatever else - but I always feel slummy, which in turn lowers my mood! Doesn't help that the teacher is an attractive young lady and always looks lovely 🫠😂 I need to be comfortable, but I want to be fashionable and proud of my appearance whilst at work!? Any advice of some staple pieces or things I can do to make myself look and feel better!? Sorry for the essay - just needed to get how I felt off my chest! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Asking for a friend*

If one were using tanning moisturiser and now has orange patches due to psoriasis on their hands that salt scrub and hand-wash has not shifted, what would one use to make said skin appear normal skin colour, as opposed to looking like they've been smoking 50 a day since birth?

Gloves

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Asking for a friend*

Milk is meant to be good at removing fake tan. Worth a shot for tanning moisturiser?!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.