Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
been searching this thread looking for anything to do with postpartum hair so hope you don’t mine me jumping in to ask, does this also help with postpartum extreme greasiness? 🙃 I’m guessing the culprit is hormones but I wash my hair in the morning and it looks like it needs washing again by the evening 😩😖

or if anyone has any good recommendations for shampoos for oily scalps please send them my way! Currently using Ouia fine hair but it’s not helping at all!
If your main concern is oily scalp I would look up eleven Australia deep clean shampoo! It’s brilliant for a deep clean and it’s specifically for oily scalp concerns too! You can get mini bottles of it I think if you wanted to try and see if it works for you 😁😁 also sounds silly but shampoo twice and no conditioner or heavy products anywhere from your ears up lol

Reactions: 3
Amal Clooney is my ultimate glam inspo, she is skinny but I feel like brunette hair tends to be a lot shinier and generally looks healthier than blonde so to me mid-dark brown hair is peak glam (I’m mouse brown with balayage so don’t think I’m biased in saying that!)
@Thank(space)you I was going to say the same - I’m naturally dark blonde but actually think darker brunette hair is super polished / glam! I often look at women wearing all black with lovely shiny dark hair and think how put-together it looks - it’s not the same with blonde hair. And @judgejohndeed toooootally agree about Amal 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm slim. Still look like tit in 80% of clothes I wear. I stick to co ords cause I just can't get that put together look. Make expensive things look cheap lol ☹.

• Sad
My bestie is being married in May. Which dress do you think would look great?
I love the shade of blue but not the handkerchief hem. All three are lovely though! Do you know if your bestie has wedding colours or anything? Like...would one of these shades clash/blend in etc.

• Heart
I love the shade of blue but not the handkerchief hem. All three are lovely though! Do you know if your bestie has wedding colours or anything? Like...would one of these shades clash/blend in etc.
Her bridesmaids are in navy and the two flower girls are in powder blue. I agree with you on the handkerchief bottom

Reactions: 1
Have you tried vinegar? My grandmother swore by it for greasy hair. After the shampoo and rinse, you rinse your hair with a water-apple cider vinegar mix and leave it on for 5~ minutes. Then you do a second thorough rinse with cool water (or cold, if you can stand the temperature).
Nope! Never heard of that but will give it a go! Just need something to stop the build up so fast 😩 thank you!

If your main concern is oily scalp I would look up eleven Australia deep clean shampoo! It’s brilliant for a deep clean and it’s specifically for oily scalp concerns too! You can get mini bottles of it I think if you wanted to try and see if it works for you 😁😁 also sounds silly but shampoo twice and no conditioner or heavy products anywhere from your ears up lol
I do only condition the ends as a rule but don’t shampoo twice! Shall try that thank you!

Thank you, I’m quite flexible but would prefer trousers as it’ll be cold. I have put on some weight so wouldn’t want anything too fitted
I’d go with some dark slim trousers, not skinny cut though, but straight/slim and then a nice lose top over that, something like this- just wouldn't tuck it in. You could wear one of those open blazer os it (the ones without a button). I find they always make you look a bit taller. Plus some nice shoes, whatever works for the occasion.
I find family gatherings often stuffy and try to dress in layers, which is also a bit difficult, but I'm always happy that I can take off a cardigan or something, because at one point it will be too warm :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Yes the pink one on the left is the standout for me too. Love an interesting sleeve, and it's just generally more interesting than the others. Looks comfortable too (always a consideration!).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Nope! Never heard of that but will give it a go! Just need something to stop the build up so fast 😩 thank you!

I do only condition the ends as a rule but don’t shampoo twice! Shall try that thank you!
been searching this thread looking for anything to do with postpartum hair so hope you don’t mine me jumping in to ask, does this also help with postpartum extreme greasiness? 🙃 I’m guessing the culprit is hormones but I wash my hair in the morning and it looks like it needs washing again by the evening 😩😖

or if anyone has any good recommendations for shampoos for oily scalps please send them my way! Currently using Ouia fine hair but it’s not helping at all!
This was in my Look Fantastic advent calendar, I have my hair braided up mostly but I've now used it whilst they're in and also in-between braidings to get my head squeaky clean before hair treatments, would definitely recommend it!

Reactions: 2
This was in my Look Fantastic advent calendar, I have my hair braided up mostly but I've now used it whilst they're in and also in-between braidings to get my head squeaky clean before hair treatments, would definitely recommend it!

Thank you! Actually saw the mini of that in selfridges last week and considered getting it but left it and now I feel like I should have tried it! Will add it to my list 😆

Thank you. I've never had an operation before. I went my GP before who said they are so small she would consider them disfigured ( I was 7 months pregnant at the time). They've never grown during pregnancy, never produced milk. So you can imagine how much they bother me.
That's a ridiculous thing for the GP to say. Your milk doesn't even start to come in until after baby is born and you get all those lovey-dovey-bonding hormones. Babies are actually physiologically designed to 'go hungry' for the first few days of life, whilst they get a grasp on feeding and the mother has a chance to produce something to sustain them with.

Small boobs during/after pregnancy does NOT make you 'disfigured'. My mother, who exclusively breastfed 2 children, only went from an A Cup to a B Cup during that time. The actual milk ducts are very small and their effectiveness is not related to the amount of fat you are carrying alongside them.

I'm sorry you were shamed like that, and please don't feel that you are in any way inferior for having to bottle feed or supplement your baby. The most important thing is that baby is fed and growing, and that mum is healthy and able to recover from birth to look after them. Breast v Bottle is not a measure of how good a parent anyone is.

Sorry, rant over!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
That's a ridiculous thing for the GP to say. Your milk doesn't even start to come in until after baby is born and you get all those lovey-dovey-bonding hormones. Babies are actually physiologically designed to 'go hungry' for the first few days of life, whilst they get a grasp on feeding and the mother has a chance to produce something to sustain them with.

Small boobs during/after pregnancy does NOT make you 'disfigured'. My mother, who exclusively breastfed 2 children, only went from an A Cup to a B Cup during that time. The actual milk ducts are very small and their effectiveness is not related to the amount of fat you are carrying alongside them.

I'm sorry you were shamed like that, and please don't feel that you are in any way inferior for having to bottle feed or supplement your baby. The most important thing is that baby is fed and growing, and that mum is healthy and able to recover from birth to look after them. Breast v Bottle is not a measure of how good a parent anyone is.

Sorry, rant over!
I wonder if the GP was saying OP would possibly be eligible for free breast augmentation surgery through NHS as it wasn't simply a cosmetic case, in her opinion?
I'm not standing up for the GP by the way, just suggesting this might have been what she was getting at. Obviously she phrased it totally insensitivity.

Reactions: 5

Ohh yes I had forgotten about this. Such a good scalp scrub!

Got my consultation for my boobs coming up. How long do initial consultations take? I know it's only initial stages but it's abit nerve racking actually turning my dreams into reality, I know that sounds really cheesy and daft but I've always been soooo insecure and unhappy with them. Everyone says they don't notice how flat chested I am but they will say that won't they. Had the love your body as it is brigade out in force as well - once I've had my boobs done I will come and join the gang chill.
when’s your consultation? I have mine on the 20th Feb. Ive always been a B cup. I think exclusively bf my 6 yo for 2 years totally messed them up. I was going to get one last year but ended up pregnant🤣.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.