Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BasilRathbon

The ghost of Dennis Waterman sneaking into my room at night and waking me up by singing "I could be so good for you" in a high pitched squeaky voice.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I’ll be in bed at night and I’ll hang my leg out the duvet over the edge of the bed and something in my brain tells me a hand is going to grab my leg from underneath the bed. So I have to quickly put my leg back under the cover 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Bubblesdahling

VIP Member
Frogs 🐸 Hate everything about them. They are so unpredictable, jumping around. I'm convinced they are gonna leap up and strangle me with their little webby fingers!

• Haha
Reactions: 19

LaBlonde

VIP Member
old age.

i suppose it’s irrational because it’s an inevitable thing that happens to all of us but the thought of being in my 80s/90s and onwards gives me the absolute fear 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 18

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Getting hit by a train, I always stand well back from the platform practically against the wall and yet I still have this fear of falling or being pushed in front of a train.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

LittleMy

VIP Member
Mirrors. If I’m home alone at night I will avoid mirrors or anything reflective as I’m worried that if I look at it there won’t just be me looking back. My partner works nights so if he’s not home when I go to bed I can’t even face the side where my dressing table and mirror are (even though it’s dark, I have my eyes closed etc, I just know the mirror is there!)
I have a similar fear but with windows, and like you say, especially at night. I’m always afraid I’ll see something scary staring back at me if I look through them. Blinds are always down and curtains shut as soon as it gets even a little bit dark outside. 😬

• Heart

mixusmaxus

My name is mixusmaxus and I used to have an irrational fear of not wearing matching underwear and being hit by a bus and the paramedics being horrified by my style faux pas 🤣 I was about 16/17 at the time but it really did keep me up at night.

• Haha

Sibz

VIP Member
Gaps in curtains incase someone peeps through
Arms or legs outside of the covers
I don't understand people that sit in their living room with the curtains wide open in the evening when it's dark, especially if you live on a main road with lots of cars going past and people walking by 1) because of my previous post about a face appearing and 2) how can you relax knowing everyone outside can see you?! :oops:

Reactions: 16

Souffle

Chatty Member
Mirrors. If I’m home alone at night I will avoid mirrors or anything reflective as I’m worried that if I look at it there won’t just be me looking back. My partner works nights so if he’s not home when I go to bed I can’t even face the side where my dressing table and mirror are (even though it’s dark, I have my eyes closed etc, I just know the mirror is there!)

Heyguysswipeup

VIP Member
Mine is fucking weird but here goes 😂
My fear is that when I use the torch okay my phone to look at my boobs or foof that I’m gonna accidentally video call someone and they will see all my bits 😂

• Haha

Dishes

Pigeons for me. I once saw a pigeon fly over a woman's head and its feet got caught in her bun and was flapping all over the place. It was like a horror film.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Jam-sandwich

Chatty Member
I live in London and I have an irrational fear of someone pushing me on to the tracks as a tube is pulling into the station. I do my best not to stand on the edge of the platform where someone can get behind me, on my seriously anxious days I stand with my back pressed to the wall unless the tube has arrived. If I ever have to stand close to the edge for any reason I’m checking left to right constantly to check that no one is behind me.

I feel so stupid writing this out but I can’t be the only one?! I think it all stems from a story I read a few years ago of someone randomly attacking a stranger on a tube platform and pushing them on to the tracks, there was a video of it too :(

• Heart

Nolongerjustalurker

Chatty Member
I wake up in the night to check my partner is still breathing, I have a fear of him dying next to me and I can’t save him.
He thinks it’s super weird that I always think about him dying.

• Heart
  • Sad

freshhead

I'm utterly horrified by them too! Just seeing the word makes my skin crawl. The sight of them though, my god it makes me actually want to be sick and my heart goes out of control! 😩 I was watching an episode of Dexter the other day and it showed some, I ran out of the room, my boyfriend was like wtf where have you gone 🙈
My ex boyfriend left live maggots in my
Fridge once that he planned on using as fish bait, he didn’t put the lid on properly to the tub and I woke up the next day to my fridge full of maggots having a party 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow

IHadALifeBeforeThis

My name is mixusmaxus and I used to have an irrational fear of not wearing matching underwear and being hit by a bus and the paramedics being horrified by my style faux pas 🤣 I was about 16/17 at the time but it really did keep me up at night.
First time I’ve seen this thread but obviously this is the first post I read…

I was running late for work one morning (12 years ago now) and grabbed my scruffiest, grey, saggy underwear (you know the type). Anyhow… some absolute idiot ran me off the road, I ended up firstly upside down in a ditch and then in A&E… having my clothes cut off by an INCREDIBLY handsome doctor. Obviously I was off my tits on morphine by that time but according to my mum all I kept saying was ‘don’t look at my pants… DONT LOOK AT MY PANTS’ 🙈🙈🙈🙈

• Haha

Flojo89

I get severe anxiety attacks about collapsing floors. It can be triggered by people jumping around on a slightly bouncy creaky floor or going over a bridge in a heavily loaded car. I have been given numerous talks on how buildings are engineered and how unlikely collapse is but in the midst of an attack it doesn’t help. I find taking baths an ordeal because of it too.

what does help enormously is a trick someone told me that helps ‘ground’ you in reality. You think of 5 things you can see, 4 you can hear, imagine the feel of 3 things, the smell of 2 and by the end your mind has been completely taken away from the panic.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Giggling Squid

VIP Member
I often wake up worried I have not done my homework… I’m in my 30s

Also, if a car follows me when I’m driving for more than 3 turns I convince myself it’s the police and they’re going to pull me over and arrest me. Not a clue why

Oh, and geese. Geese are terrifying.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Silverplume

Birds. I always think they’re going to SWOOP me and peck my face/eyes. No to birds near me.

• Heart
Reactions: 13