Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sally1993

Chatty Member
I am scared that my ceiling fan is going to fall down on me whilst I’m lying in bed and chop me to pieces. I should laugh, but it genuinely scares me.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Pineapple glitter

VIP Member
Being buried or cremated alive.
The thought of listening to a relative in the church saying 'she had a smile that lit up the room, she would do anything for anyone, everyone she met loved her' and all that bollocks whilst I'm trapped in the coffin fully conscious but unable to move or speak but can hear everything going on 😢

• Heart
  • Sad

BWinter

I have a really specific irrational fear of having a car crash while driving long distance / being on holiday and my house is a mess and then imaging my mum having to come and sort out my house and her abiding memory being that I was messy and her feeling that she didn’t bring me up right.

It’s irrational because 1: I’m sure my tidyness level would be the last thing on my grieving mother’s mind, and 2: I could die any time and not just when I go away, but I still can’t get out of the habit of making sure I clean the house top to bottom if I go away (even if I really don’t have time)

• Heart

WeeLassy12

I’m petrified of heights and water. But I have an irrational fear that I’m going to throw myself or my belongings off the edge. I live near water and there’s a popular walk around the river, I have to walk pressed against the wall as far away as possible, hold on to my boyfriend and he has to take all of my things off of me, I can’t even have my phone in my pocket.
There’s been times he has taken his own phone out and I’ve been so scared I was gonna bat it out his hand in to the water
I don’t know why I would ever throw anything or myself over but I honestly crawl up inside myself at the thought and urge that I’m going to do it 😬

• Heart
  • Haha

Souffle

Chatty Member
I remembered another one. I am scared of human-shaped robots, but not robots like you’d see on robot wars for example. I was in tesco about 15 years ago and they had one of the huge ones walking around inside and it was making that robotic noise every time it took a step, occasionally it would chase someone as a joke but I was so worried it’d try to chase me and ever since I’ve been scared of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Lalla

VIP Member
It was a childhood fear, but if I didn’t have the sheets pulled up quite high, “the witches would get my ears”.

I still have ears, thankfully - so I must have been thorough with the sheet arrangement. Not sure where the idea came from, though!
I had a childhood fear about someone grabbing my foot while I was asleep, so I could never ever let my feet be outside the covers.

My other one is jam in doughnuts, or actually any kind of filled doughnut. I don't like being 'surprised' by the filling...one minute you're eating some nice doughnut, next thing you've got a mouthful of jam...just so unpleasant!

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
More intrusive thoughts than fear but anytime Im chopping anything with a sharp knife I want to just chop a finger off.

Or pour the kettle onto my arm

😬

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Haha

thetis

Swimming in deep water, the water being deep enough that you can only see darkness beneath you - I love it but I'm scared of it at the same time.

• Sick

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
Leaving the windows open downstairs while I quickly pop to the loo…incase a serial killer manages to climb in, unnoticed, and hide in the spare room/utility/attic but I try not to think about the last one

Someone opening the door while I'm on a public toilet. I always give it a little push/pull to check it's locked even though I just locked it 😄
You‘ve got to sit there, thighs gripping the toilet while you stretch your arms out and hold the door firmly shut all the while actually trying to have a pee 😅

and nothing happens

I have trypophobia - the fear of small clusters of holes. Makes my skin crawl to even think about it 😖 Also having to dry wet wooden spoons is a hard nope. Oh god, even thinking about the sensation makes me shudder 😩

• Heart

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
I’m petrified of heights and water. But I have an irrational fear that I’m going to throw myself or my belongings off the edge. I live near water and there’s a popular walk around the river, I have to walk pressed against the wall as far away as possible, hold on to my boyfriend and he has to take all of my things off of me, I can’t even have my phone in my pocket.
There’s been times he has taken his own phone out and I’ve been so scared I was gonna bat it out his hand in to the water
I don’t know why I would ever throw anything or myself over but I honestly crawl up inside myself at the thought and urge that I’m going to do it 😬
I get this, they are called intrusive thoughts. I went on a cliff walk once and was worried I'd jump off 😬
the science is quite interesting behind this! The fact you think about doing thsee things is actually your brain saying what if and trying to calculate the outcomes/risks of doing something, aka trying to keep you alive! So it’s all good, you’re both normal 😄

I work on the 3rd floor and there’s a water cooler out on the balcony where you look out onto reception, and every time I fill up my glass I have to resist the urge to launch myself over the edge lol

After an episode of Don’t forget your toothbrush which was hosted by Chris Evans (years ago). They planted a hidden camera on the back of a girls toilet for a week and played some footage back to her. I thought about it every single time I sat on the loo for about 3 years after. Checking for cameras 🤣

• Wow
  • Haha

Souffle

Chatty Member
I have a similar fear but with windows, and like you say, especially at night. I’m always afraid I’ll see something scary staring back at me if I look through them. Blinds are always down and curtains shut as soon as it gets even a little bit dark outside. 😬
Yes I’m the same with windows. My kitchen doesn’t currently have a blind so if I walk in there at night I have to tell myself that the movement in the window is only my reflection but I still can’t look straight at it. My boyfriend put a little solar light up in the garden and it made me jump the first time I saw this little colour changing thing through the window! I am a proper wimp. 😂

• Heart

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Driving on a motorway or running over someone in my car. I have been known to go back and double check.

Someone breaking into my house and murdering me (made worse recently by the Idaho murders) I also don't like having my back turned on an open door. Iv always felt like someone could come behind me and either stab me or hit me over the head.

I get really anxious walking around places like ikea and costoco- but the parts where the stock is piled high, as I keep worrying something will fall down and crush me or my little boy (got worse since becoming a mum)

Being near Windows at night without a curtain/ blind. I hate the feeling that someone could see me but I can't see them.

Reading this back.....think iv got problems! 🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

laughing

VIP Member
That I would be in a shop clothes changing room, down to my underwear, when the shops fire alarm sounds.

• Haha
Reactions: 7