Your most ridiculous irrational fear

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That when I park my car over the drive way, the two cars in the drive way are suddenly going to start moving forward and I take the faces off them 🥴

Reactions: 1
Ohh sinkholes!! They creep me out so much.

But thats holes anyway, they really creep me out and make me feel sick and itchy!

Reactions: 7
Dust. That sort of thick, carpety dust you get on the top of a wardrobe you haven't looked at for years. Always scared the bejesus out of me for some reason.
Also terrified of maggots, dead things, heights (especially ladders), tadpoles, and the dark (I can cope with the dark if I try hard).
Lots of scary tit out there 😳 😰 xx
OMG!! I thought I was the only person terrified of maggots. Just the thought of them makes me want to hurl. I can't even say the word outloud.

Another one is going for a repeat smear test at the hospital and the fire alarm going off while my legs are in stirrups and being left there.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
OMG!! I thought I was the only person terrified of maggots. Just the thought of them makes me want to hurl. I can't even say the word outloud.

Another one is going for a repeat smear test at the hospital and the fire alarm going off while my legs are in stirrups and being left there.
I'm utterly horrified by them too! Just seeing the word makes my skin crawl. The sight of them though, my god it makes me actually want to be sick and my heart goes out of control! 😩 I was watching an episode of Dexter the other day and it showed some, I ran out of the room, my boyfriend was like wtf where have you gone 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 2
People taking bites out of apples. I always have this fear that when theyove the the apple away from their mouth, their teeth will be left in the apple....

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My mother cursed me with the fear of my scarf getting caught in a car or a bus passing by and me getting dragged behind it for miles. Careful about how you warn your young kids to stay away from the road 😬

Reactions: 3
Bellybuttons. Even typing that has made me feel 🤮
Yes, same - I have at times had panic attacks just from the thought of something happening to mine 😭 i have had nightmares about them aswell. I tried to go to therapy to overcome it but discussing the B word in therapy just made me panic so much I gave up

• Sad
Yes, same - I have at times had panic attacks just from the thought of something happening to mine 😭 i have had nightmares about them aswell. I tried to go to therapy to overcome it but discussing the B word in therapy just made me panic so much I gave up
Yes belly buttons too, especially my own. I remember once sunning/dozing in the garden and my eldest popped an m & m in there. I very nearly vomited 🤢.

Heights too, I read once people who are afraid of heights are afraid because they have the irrational urge to jump 🤷‍♀️

I second the person who said mirrors. I have a fear of looking in the mirror at night/on my own, and there being someone else in the background of my reflection.

Reactions: 10
Im not sure if this has been said but i really dont like depths, like when you cant see the bottom of water when on a boat or like when you see an image of beach and the sea and theres an obvious drop off, makes me shudder just thinking about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It was a childhood fear, but if I didn’t have the sheets pulled up quite high, “the witches would get my ears”.

I still have ears, thankfully - so I must have been thorough with the sheet arrangement. Not sure where the idea came from, though!
I had a childhood fear about someone grabbing my foot while I was asleep, so I could never ever let my feet be outside the covers.

My other one is jam in doughnuts, or actually any kind of filled doughnut. I don't like being 'surprised' by the filling...one minute you're eating some nice doughnut, next thing you've got a mouthful of jam...just so unpleasant!

Reactions: 8
Being tickled, I hate it, it makes me physically sick. Especially my feet, if anyone goes near them they'll get yeeted into next month.😬

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Losing my teeth. Particularly my front teeth and even more so of falling over and breaking them/them being smashed out.

Reactions: 5
I'm utterly horrified by them too! Just seeing the word makes my skin crawl. The sight of them though, my god it makes me actually want to be sick and my heart goes out of control! 😩 I was watching an episode of Dexter the other day and it showed some, I ran out of the room, my boyfriend was like wtf where have you gone 🙈
My ex boyfriend left live maggots in my
Fridge once that he planned on using as fish bait, he didn’t put the lid on properly to the tub and I woke up the next day to my fridge full of maggots having a party 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Being tickled, I hate it, it makes me physically sick. Especially my feet, if anyone goes near them they'll get yeeted into next month.😬
I’m exactly the same. If you tickle me, be it at your own risk because I will punch you. Cringing just thinking about it. 😬 😣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My toes are so ticklish, I can tickle myself. Someone absolutely would be kicked in the face if they tried touching my feet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Losing my teeth. Particularly my front teeth and even more so of falling over and breaking them/them being smashed out.
I know someone who fell out of a (open) patio door when we were all at a party, landed face first and smashed both his front teeth out :eek: He was very drunk at the time which I think probably helped with both the pain and shock.

• Wow