Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CosmicCreepers

Chatty Member
Door slams, sitting on the plug/drain side of the bath (genuinely makes me want to puke sitting over it even with the stopper in) and balloons. But with balloons it’s them popping that scares me, I’m fine seeing them but hate holding them or being really close to them.

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
Dust. That sort of thick, carpety dust you get on the top of a wardrobe you haven't looked at for years. Always scared the bejesus out of me for some reason.
Also terrified of maggots, dead things, heights (especially ladders), tadpoles, and the dark (I can cope with the dark if I try hard).
Lots of scary shit out there 😳 😰 xx

Last edited:

Jayjay0203

Butterflies.. as a child I ended up in a huge migration swarm of them and they got stuck in my hair, my clothes and were just everywhere. Their creepy legs and flappy wings just make me want to puke. Moths are naturally included.

Also, standing on crunchy things, mainly bugs etc. over the years I’ve accidentally stood on ladybirds and once a bumblebee And the crunch and pop just makes me gag.
And weirdest of all, the police. I’m absolutely terrified of them. I think the thought of someone having so much power over other peoples lives, and not knowing or caring about them as a person.. I don’t know. It’s mainly intrusive thoughts that convince me that they’ll say I’ve done something awful, or someone’s been hurt or murdered, and they’re coming to either arrest me or tell me bad news. I once had a panic attack driving past a parked police car thinking they were going to stop me and arrest me for speeding (which I wasn’t!) only to later realise the car was stopped at the side of the road because said policeman was pissing in a bush. 🙈

mozzarellagirl

VIP Member
those half human half goats!!! mr tumnus really fucked me up as a child

Pigeons and my mums mash! I can’t go near pigeons and I get really anxious if their flying above me!

whenever my Mum says she’s making something with mash I get a sweat on and have to make sure about 20 times she’s not giving me any!!! I’m traumatised after how bad it was when I was younger 🤣
me when my mum whips out the slow cooker

I second the person who said mirrors. I have a fear of looking in the mirror at night/on my own, and there being someone else in the background of my reflection.
or there not being anyone at all...

i've just finished reading this thread and i've been cry laughing at some of them. thank you 🤣

Last edited:

Jen667

VIP Member
1) rats climbing through sewage pipes and climbing up into the toilet bowl when I am sitting on the lav
2) when I'm driving alone at night, any car that turns in the same direction as me more than once is definitely following me
3) getting an electric shock every time I flick a light switch
4) touching velvet. Half fabric, half fur. I hate it.