Your most ridiculous irrational fear

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My name is mixusmaxus and I used to have an irrational fear of not wearing matching underwear and being hit by a bus and the paramedics being horrified by my style faux pas 🤣 I was about 16/17 at the time but it really did keep me up at night.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Feet…. Feet being cut in water. I have to check my feet for cuts before I go in the shower, bath, swimming pool!
never actually cut my feet but had the fear since I was a child

Reactions: 2
China dolls - used to scare the tit out of me when I was young. Still do tbh.

Reactions: 6
If I leave a glass of water sitting about my (empty) house I get the irrational fear someone has snuck in and spiked it.

Reactions: 5
I wake up in the night to check my partner is still breathing, I have a fear of him dying next to me and I can’t save him.
He thinks it’s super weird that I always think about him dying.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
That I would be in a shop clothes changing room, down to my underwear, when the shops fire alarm sounds.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Frogs 🐸 Hate everything about them. They are so unpredictable, jumping around. I'm convinced they are gonna leap up and strangle me with their little webby fingers!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The ghost of Dennis Waterman sneaking into my room at night and waking me up by singing "I could be so good for you" in a high pitched squeaky voice.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Birds. I always think they’re going to SWOOP me and peck my face/eyes. No to birds near me.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Someone opening the door while I'm on a public toilet. I always give it a little push/pull to check it's locked even though I just locked it 😄

Reactions: 11
Pigeons and my mums mash! I can’t go near pigeons and I get really anxious if their flying above me!

whenever my Mum says she’s making something with mash I get a sweat on and have to make sure about 20 times she’s not giving me any!!! I’m traumatised after how bad it was when I was younger 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Forgetting I'm in a meeting and letting out a fart

And swans. But don't think that's irrational, they're scary af

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Egg shells, I can't eat egg in any form unless I've cracked it in to a bowl and meticulously checked it for shell fragments myself, the slightest fragment in it the whole lot goes down the sink and bowl is washed. My husband sometimes buys the ready made egg mayo sandwich filling and when I used it to make him a sandwich as I spread it the knife hit a huge piece of shell it made me physically 🤮.

Reactions: 3
Getting hit by a train, I always stand well back from the platform practically against the wall and yet I still have this fear of falling or being pushed in front of a train.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I often wake up worried I have not done my homework… I’m in my 30s

Also, if a car follows me when I’m driving for more than 3 turns I convince myself it’s the police and they’re going to pull me over and arrest me. Not a clue why

Oh, and geese. Geese are terrifying.

• Heart
Reactions: 13