Your most ridiculous irrational fear

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get this, they are called intrusive thoughts. I went on a cliff walk once and was worried I'd jump off 😬
I used to get a thought (I would NEVER do it) about opening the car door whilst on the motorway, or pulling the hand break up whilst driving along.. it felt like an impulsion which was so scary to even think about but there’s something that takes your mind to it. It’s like when someone says “don’t press the big red button” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I can't stand being up high somewhere without a railing or wall, I get a crippling fear of heights. Theme park rides, glass floors, balconies, anything where your held in or there's a railing - I'm absoutely fine, but walking near a cliff edge or coastal path I feel paralysed with fear, I can't go near the edge. I feel sick seeing people stand near the edge taking photos. It's just the thought of losing your footing or tripping and just going straight over 😫😣

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Came here to say this 😳
Quite literally terrified of them. Wet evenings are the worse. You think it's a leaf until you realise it's not.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one, my mum and grandma are also scared of them but I thought it was a weird family thing 🤦🏼‍♀️ they are absolutely horrendous, so slimy and the way they move freaks me out!

Reactions: 3
I am scared that my ceiling fan is going to fall down on me whilst I’m lying in bed and chop me to pieces. I should laugh, but it genuinely scares me.
the final destination movies have a lot to answer for when it comes to these sorts of fears 🤣 I’m afraid of stuff like this too.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Herds of dairy cows. I even drive past fields of them AND LOCK MY CAR DOORS 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ll be in bed at night and I’ll hang my leg out the duvet over the edge of the bed and something in my brain tells me a hand is going to grab my leg from underneath the bed. So I have to quickly put my leg back under the cover 🤣
Same here - as a kid and till this day I can't bear to have even my toes sticking out from under the blanket for precisely this reason.

Reactions: 2
Bananas in plastic bags. I always buy them loose, but if they sub them in my shopping I have to leave them for my husband to open, and he has to wash them before I let them be put down. I’ve read stories about deadly spiders in them and just nope nope nope

I live in London and I have an irrational fear of someone pushing me on to the tracks as a tube is pulling into the station. I do my best not to stand on the edge of the platform where someone can get behind me, on my seriously anxious days I stand with my back pressed to the wall unless the tube has arrived. If I ever have to stand close to the edge for any reason I’m checking left to right constantly to check that no one is behind me.

I feel so stupid writing this out but I can’t be the only one?! I think it all stems from a story I read a few years ago of someone randomly attacking a stranger on a tube platform and pushing them on to the tracks, there was a video of it too :(

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm only 5ft 1 and walk in the middle of bridges incas someone picks me up and chucks me over the side! I think about it every time.

I’m petrified of heights and water. But I have an irrational fear that I’m going to throw myself or my belongings off the edge. I live near water and there’s a popular walk around the river, I have to walk pressed against the wall as far away as possible, hold on to my boyfriend and he has to take all of my things off of me, I can’t even have my phone in my pocket.
There’s been times he has taken his own phone out and I’ve been so scared I was gonna bat it out his hand in to the water
I don’t know why I would ever throw anything or myself over but I honestly crawl up inside myself at the thought and urge that I’m going to do it 😬
I get this, they are called intrusive thoughts. I went on a cliff walk once and was worried I'd jump off 😬
the science is quite interesting behind this! The fact you think about doing thsee things is actually your brain saying what if and trying to calculate the outcomes/risks of doing something, aka trying to keep you alive! So it’s all good, you’re both normal 😄

I work on the 3rd floor and there’s a water cooler out on the balcony where you look out onto reception, and every time I fill up my glass I have to resist the urge to launch myself over the edge lol

Reactions: 8
Herds of dairy cows. I even drive past fields of them AND LOCK MY CAR DOORS 😂
They are bloody massive though… went to Scotland and my husband took this weird route in the car and suddenly we were surrounded by cows I was frightened to death

Also we went to Cornwall and a main road was blocked so we and several other cars took the official detour down country roads and I started feeling panicky because of the massive hedgerows and claustrophobic at the thought of being stuck in the narrow roads 🙈

have always been scared of half human half goats 🤢🤢 mr tumnus ffff off u FREAK

been terrrrrified of moths since a child. was scared of the dark as a child also so i would already be scared and then be attacked by some fluttering flapping bug!!! EW i make some rare old noises if one comes near me

also clusters of h*les - even the word cluster at this point makes my arms itch !!!!! it makes me feel like i'm inside out !!!!! all my nerves exposed !!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Birds. I always pretend that I am ok walking past pigeons but I really am petrified inside.

Also berries like raspberries, blackberries...any berries that are a clutter of berries 🤢

the final destination movies have a lot to answer for when it comes to these sorts of fears 🤣 I’m afraid of stuff like this too.

Being behind a truck carrying any type of poles/logs. Final Destination.

have always been scared of half human half goats 🤢🤢 mr tumnus ffff off u FREAK

been terrrrrified of moths since a child. was scared of the dark as a child also so i would already be scared and then be attacked by some fluttering flapping bug!!! EW i make some rare old noises if one comes near me

also clusters of h*les - even the word cluster at this point makes my arms itch !!!!! it makes me feel like i'm inside out !!!!! all my nerves exposed !!!
This... Trypophobia

Reactions: 5
Balloons. I’m terrified of them poppping near my face and then being unpredictable.

horses because they have huge teeth and can kick the tit out of you.

floors where you can see through to what’s Underneath you, like on certain bridges or aquariums, etc. I refuse to walk on them.

falling over and hurting myself in a way that means I can’t move, so I always take my phone everywhere with me. Even if I go in the shower or to the toilet.

that If I see another car or person out late when otherwise it’s really quiet, I automatically think they’ve been involved in some sort of crime so I look at theexact time I see them and make a mental note of the reg number/what they look like

Reactions: 5
Fish. I can eat fish but seeing one freaks me out to much.

Reactions: 1